PDA

View Full Version : why?

GUFCghost
03/12/2010, 9:07 PM
why do you think you deserve to be in the LOI?

Terry
03/12/2010, 10:35 PM
because they won promotion from the A championship and then the season just gone won the 2 legged playoff against cobh to stay in the league.

GUFCghost
04/12/2010, 12:52 AM
yes but why do they think they should spend such amounts of money on being in LOI (Travel,venues,etc)

bluewhitearmy
04/12/2010, 10:19 AM
yes but why do they think they should spend such amounts of money on being in LOI (Travel,venues,etc)

Why should ye be in LOI so if your not even paying players?

GUFCghost
04/12/2010, 10:23 AM
touce,iM just pointing out the obvious.................THERE'S NO ****ING ROOM.

outspoken
04/12/2010, 10:26 AM
You might have to join up with them yet cause theres no chance of Galway pulling back 900k

bluewhitearmy
04/12/2010, 10:28 AM
touce,iM just pointing out the obvious.................THERE'S NO ****ING ROOM.

Well then why should it be them and not ye or Mervue to go?

Dont get me wrong i hate going there and hoped they would go down but they seem more stable then ye for the minute.

Jofspring
04/12/2010, 10:50 AM
I wouldn't say there is no room for them.

Have they a good structure? Yes.
Have they good Facilities? Yes, better than most.
Did they get promoted on merit and then stay up on merit? Yes.
Are they affecting Galway Utds attendances? No.

gufcfan
09/12/2010, 5:07 PM
You might have to join up with them yet cause theres no chance of Galway pulling back 900k
Kieran, we don't have to "pull back" 900k.

outspoken
13/12/2010, 4:06 PM
Kieran, we don't have to "pull back" 900k.

well ye will never pay back what ever ye owe thats all i know.

gufc2000
13/12/2010, 9:56 PM
And what are you basing that assumption on? Are you aware of the clubs footballing debt? Have you seen the accounts? Are you aware of the splendid work being done by the GUST team?

Things may look perilous for GUFC at the moment, but this whole thing has opened up everyones eyes to what has been going on the last few years. Thanks to trojan work being done by the Trust, the club now has a fighting chance of survival. Hold off a few weeks before making that statement

gufcfan
13/12/2010, 11:05 PM
While technically this is true, your comment seems terribly misinformed. I don't think informed is even the right word.

The bulk of the figure that is owed comprises of directors loans that were never expected to be paid back. A further large chunk of that 900k are bank loans personally guaranteed by current and past directors of the club who are ultimately responsible for their repayment. The footballing debt is large, but quite manageable if dealt with competently in a realistic manner. The current CEO has demonstrated a lack of any ability to do this.