PDA

View Full Version : EL weekly...

Slash/ED
16/05/2004, 2:51 PM
Just happend to be looking through the TV guide on Sky for monday when I noticed there was no EL weekly on at the normal time. I've checked TV3s listings on Sky up until thursday and I can't see it anywhere. Is it just that Sky have their listing wrong, or is there no EL weekly this week? And if there's no EL weekly this week, have they pulled the plug on their Eircom League coverage altogether?

I've no other TV guides in the house atm so if anyone else has one is it just Sky or are they all saying there's no EL weekly this week?

What with their sudden complaints about camera gantrys at certain grounds the timing is worrying, hopefully it's just my TV guide...

adamcarr
16/05/2004, 3:35 PM
Sports Tonight is normally on before it but that takes EL Weeklys 11:25 slot. And theres no repeat of EL Weekly at the normal repeat time of 5:25am on Tuesday :rolleyes: So I doubt its on :confused: :mad:

atfconline
16/05/2004, 3:47 PM
It's not in the schedule on their own website listings. I have emailed them about it.

Maz
16/05/2004, 3:53 PM
its scheduled on the star tv magazine!

Slash/ED
16/05/2004, 5:39 PM
Worryingly enough, I remember something being posted on the ultras messageboard. This was what was posted there, on thursday...

Just heard that TV3 are meeting with Pats tomorrow and if they don't get a promise of proper stairs leading up to the gantry they're gonna pull the plug on Eircom League coverage. Apparantely the cameramen have no problem with the gantry but TV3 don't want to risk 30k worth of camera falling down and smashing. The only other option is to cover every game by camcorder (most of it is anyway) which doesn't exactly promote the league. A safety cert or nothing, what will it be?

It's a disgrace if that turns out to be the case.

Colm
16/05/2004, 6:23 PM
As Xtreme Rebel said, they did a big feature on the game on friday. Des Curran even interviewed a few of us before the game. So I assume that it will be on as usual tomorrow night.

max power
17/05/2004, 10:51 PM
what difficulties, load of sh1t, granada eire are o fcukin joke, we need to do something about coverage for fans and quick :mad: :mad: :mad:

brendy_éire
17/05/2004, 11:01 PM
What a joke! Technical difficulties?? :mad: Is this all Pat's fault?

corkharps
17/05/2004, 11:13 PM
Total disgrace! :mad:
The coverage of the Cork/Rovers match had about two seconds of football and a lot VERY interesting interviews, even Noel'VERY INTERESTING' Spillane.It was a total farce.Whats Fran Rooney's number? :rolleyes:

pineapple stu
17/05/2004, 11:17 PM
Missed eL weekly - what's the craic with what happened? Saw it was on, but seems to have been below even its usual standard?

Interesting to see that Sky News Ireland gave results from the League Cup on its sports round-up.

atfconline
17/05/2004, 11:33 PM
Got a reply tonight.

There is no Eircom show this Monday because of problems with the access to certain media gantrys.
We are hoping this will be sorted out as soon as possible.

tiktok
18/05/2004, 7:05 AM
well i guess it's down the situation at Richmond so, farcical. :mad:

the one show we have looks like going down the tubes now, such a pain in the ass.

the 12 th man
18/05/2004, 7:45 AM
lads, if anyone gets their tv signal from chorus,they cover an e/l match
from 8.30 til 9 on mon night repeated later in the week.most of you probably know this but i just discovered it by accident as i dont think its advertised in any tv schedule.the prog is called chorus sports.last night was waterford v bohs.(unbelievable bohs goal :rolleyes: )
coverage is not bad and the commentary is acceptable (although it sounds like its possibly added in).

the 12 th man
18/05/2004, 8:58 AM
Ya chorus had 30mins of City-rovers and 30mins of Waterford-Bohs last night. Very good!

dont suppose you know what night and time they repeat it ??
i missed the city v rovers game :)

pete
18/05/2004, 9:21 AM
How can issues with a gantry in Richmond Park stop coverage of the LEAGUE?

btw i thought was good feature on City v Rovers & did give a sense of the atmosphere & big crowd...

max power
18/05/2004, 9:27 AM
yeah the city coverage was great,but whats the point if its only one game ??? they did the same for the city v rovers game in richmond, with before the game footage etc....

and the gantree was used that night, wasn't it ???

tv3 also haven't had cameras at tolka for a while either.....shels vs us....no camera

max power
18/05/2004, 9:28 AM
well here is one for yee to mull over, on june 8th we play pats in richmond, if tv3 don't cover the game i will, it will be my first so we'll see how it goes, i wouldn't think pats would have a problem....any thoughts ???

TheSaint2002
18/05/2004, 9:54 AM
We might actually take footage of you ascending up the ladder and send it to TV3 to show them its not a perilous moon mission just a poxy ladder in a TV gantry, One Small step for a Longford Fan One Giant step for useless TV3,shower of ******* they are just trying to get themseleves out of covering the EL.

the 12 th man
18/05/2004, 9:57 AM
We might actually take footage of you ascending up the ladder and send it to TV3 to show them its not a perilous moon mission just a poxy ladder in a TV gantry, One Small step for a Longford Fan

JAYSUS MAX,dont forget your chute :D

max power
18/05/2004, 10:34 AM
its ok, i'll wear my skydiving rig while climbing the ladder, i wouldn't mind but richmond is the closest to the granda ireland office....

they have been and always will be a mickey mouse operation........ :mad:

but do any of the pats lads know who i should contact about covering that game ????

Coltron
18/05/2004, 11:15 AM
They sent the same thing to us about the tv gantry and I dont think it was just us and Pats others too have got it. As far as I know there was a camera at Richmond on Friday.

brendy_éire
18/05/2004, 1:46 PM
Do all the Dublin clubs have their filming done by TV3? I know for ourselves it's done by Derry men, then the stuff gets sent to TV3, UTV, BBC, whoever wants it.
If TV3 don't send cameras, perhaps clubs could look into getting someone in to do it?

tiktok
18/05/2004, 1:50 PM
I wonder, since much of the filming seems to be done by the clubs themselves, if an independent production company such as ShinAWil would be interested in putting the package together and selling on the programming to RTE/TV3/Tg4

max power
18/05/2004, 2:03 PM
a cheap camera man costs 100 to get the match filmed, on a camera such as mine...pro companies would be looking for a lot more and would need regional camera men to avoid costly mileage costs....

a inter club policy on matchs would be best , share the videos.....web sites etc

TheSaint2002
18/05/2004, 2:24 PM
know for ourselves it's done by Derry men

Its done by the BBC I hear :confused: :confused:

A face
18/05/2004, 3:46 PM
We might actually take footage of you ascending up the ladder and send it to TV3 to show them its not a perilous moon mission just a poxy ladder in a TV gantry, One Small step for a Longford Fan One Giant step for useless TV3,shower of ******* they are just trying to get themseleves out of covering the EL.

The Saint ... i see where you are coming from but the fact remains .... if the stairs isn't up to scratch then they cant be expected to bring their gear up it. I know you (the league aswell) suffer as a result but that doesn't matter. That doesn't come int othe equation. The thing that is stopping the footage being taken is that substandard stairs .... when that is repaired then the problem will be solves.

A fire escape staircase isn't that much to as for ..... in fact it is minimal to be honest. How long ago have TV3 mentioned this issue ? I dont think any club can give out about it really .... everyone knew about it for a long period of time, simple as.

liamon
18/05/2004, 4:16 PM
Is there an ulterior motive on the part of TV3? If not, then this looks like a straightforward Health and Safety issue. Any decent company won't allow it's employees to work in an area with sub-standard safety conditions. Looks like it's up to the league to provide decent facilities. Otherwise, there won’t be any further tv coverage of our league. Not TV3's fault, imo.

What I don’t get is why they couldn’t have made up a programme consisting of footage from Turners X and some footage from first division grounds or from any other Premier grounds with adequate facilities.

A face
18/05/2004, 4:25 PM
What I don’t get is why they couldn’t have made up a programme consisting of footage from Turners X and some footage from first division grounds or from any other Premier grounds with adequate facilities.

Yeah ... i know, if it was then trying ot needle the other clubs to get things done by making everyone suffer then that is cráp. But it probably isn't like that. They are looking at making a programme, they shouldn't have to worry about individual grounds to be honest. The league either wants the games televised or not.

Slash/ED
18/05/2004, 5:36 PM
But why is this suddenly a problem now when they were happy filming matches even earlier this season?

It seems to me like TV3 are trying to worm out of showing any EL footage at all. The crap way they've treated the league rights so far show much the EL means to them anyway.

brendy_éire
18/05/2004, 5:51 PM
Its done by the BBC I hear :confused: :confused:

Nah. Though sometimes the BBC do send up their own cameras and people to do interviews.