Lim till i die
27/11/2010, 2:27 PM
That's just how he was described on Sky News. :D

8 goals in 6 games for Kilmarnock now.

Fairplay to him. :ball:

total hoofball
27/11/2010, 3:28 PM
I'm in complete amazement of his goal machine antics

3 years ago the lad could be barely control or head the ball or finish while playing for UCD

In fairness to Conor, he's an immensely hard working player and he was always determined to make it in UK. He probably needed a manager to give him a bit of confidence and Paatelainen has done that, not only with Sammon but the entire Kilmarnock team

Ireland cap HAS to be coming down the line, he's the type of strong forward player Trappatoni would love if he wasn't so relucant to give young players a chance ala Coleman

Nesta99
27/11/2010, 3:59 PM
Some run he is on. as an aside both Pat McCourt and Richie Foran scored at Celtic Park

Dodge
27/11/2010, 4:03 PM
Yep, think it says more about the SPL than cammon, but fair play to him anyway

Hibs4Ever
28/11/2010, 7:02 AM
Yep, think it says more about the SPL than cammon,

Definitely. I wish people would stop calling for players to be getting international caps just because the score goals in one of the worst leagues in Europe. Sammon was brutal in LoI, now he scores for fun in SPL. Stokes scored 1 in 25 games in the Championship and was absolute cr@p overall, yet scores for fun in the SPL.

pineapple stu
28/11/2010, 12:03 PM
Sammon wasn't brutal in the LoI; he was just over-rated. Important difference.

I like the way the top three scorers in Scotland are a Rangers player, a former UCD player and the brother of a former UCD player. :)

Hibs4Ever
28/11/2010, 4:26 PM
Sammon wasn't brutal in the LoI; he was just over-rated. Important difference.

He wasn't even over rated, he was just cr@p

avvenalaf
28/11/2010, 8:09 PM
I know that Paul Cook wanted to sign him when he was at Derry.

dfx-
29/11/2010, 1:31 AM
Don't remember him much against Rovers, but I was at the UCD v Longford cup semi final and how Sammon managed to miss so many chances and sitters was indeed incredible.

pineapple stu
29/11/2010, 9:18 AM
He wasn't even over rated, he was just cr@p
I had about two years of every single opposition fan telling me how great Sammon had just played. He was definitely over-rated! And he was our top scorer in 2007, so he wasn't that crap either.

Hibs4Ever
29/11/2010, 9:21 AM
I had about two years of every single opposition fan telling me how great Sammon had just played

Every single opposition fan! Relax fella :D Anyone I spoke to about him thought he was cr@p anyway

And he was our top scorer in 2007, so he wasn't that crap either.

13 goals in 69 games for UCD, what's that, 1 goal every 5 & half games?

pineapple stu
29/11/2010, 9:30 AM
That's not bad for us. Especially as he didn't score in his first season, got 8 in 35 (incl Cups) in the second and then 11 in 39 in the third, so he was obviously improving. He was over-rated, yes; frustrating, yes; but crap? No. That's just revisionism. Or poetic licence at best.

Also, I mustn't have been talking to you. :) Seriously though, any opposition fan I was speaking to who commented on a UCD v whoever game picked Sammon out as our best player. It's still a source of amusement (bemusement?) among most of us to this day.

Dodge
29/11/2010, 11:38 AM
So it turns out they were right, and you were wrong. Why you still bemused?

pineapple stu
29/11/2010, 11:49 AM
Cos clearly they were wrong and I was right. Football fan stuff. Duh! :)

(He's improved a hell of a lot since his UCD days in fairness.)