PDA

View Full Version : Trouble tonight

Pages : [1] 2 3

shedite
15/05/2004, 3:28 AM
Is anyone else sad to see the trouble tonoght? Really, it's kinda sad standning in the shed watching the Rovers fans having to resort to that kind of behaviour. When you look at the city fans that got invloved in that tonight, from what I know of the members of this meaasge board and the hardcore support, it was none of them invloved. I guess we're lucky that the true Cork City fans aren't violent by nature.

Kinda sad that a club with the tradition of Shamrock Rovers, that now the only people that follow them away are the people who are up for touble (I would put a disclaimer here but I feel that at least half of the Rovers fans tonight got invoilved).

TheNorthsider
15/05/2004, 8:30 AM
it was really sad to see parents walk out with children last nite as a result of the stupidity that went on between both sets of fans.There is no point in discussing the ins and outs of how many ,who started it etc etc the bottom line is that elements from both sets of supporters were involved.I think a statement from the club utterly condeming the actions from both sets of supporters would go some way to rebuilding the damage done by the small percentage of so called supporters involved in the incident.

Flynninio
15/05/2004, 9:15 AM
lads lets not be to harsh here-i know its not right to condone violence but these ****ers are filth and have been getting away with murder for years going back to bishopstown chasing kids through estates and these ****s were in there 30s.
i was in town yesterday afternoon n i seen them getting stuck in kids. what happened last night was just pure frustration and i wouldnt be to hard on lads for giving a bit back for once.i think city should ban the lot of them west brits from the cross forever.so what if they did same to us cos nobody goes rovers away game anymore anyway. :mad: :mad: :mad:

cookie
15/05/2004, 9:33 AM
it was the city fans started it.

one of the rovers fans was brought away by the cops and his friend went up to get him,on the way up he got a dig of a city fan and the rovers fans went crazy!

there was men,women and children from city lobbing rocks,bottles etc. down onto the rovers fans!!

TheNorthsider
15/05/2004, 9:43 AM
the simple fact is that what went on last nite has no place in the cross or any other ground in the country.I think ur arguement flynninio is a bit immature.I for one like i guess many more wouldnt be bringing my small fellow to the cross if the threat of violence when rovers travel to the cross was there again.If they turned their frustrations to supporting city what an atmosphere we would have in the cross :mad:

cookie
15/05/2004, 9:45 AM
if the rovers fans had got at them city fellas they would have murdered about 50 of them.

Flynninio
15/05/2004, 9:58 AM
if the rovers fans had got at them city fellas they would have murdered about 50 of them.
are you are rovers fan?
i knew i would get everybody banging on about how its wrong and i agree but it only happens with rovers fans.and i dont think majority of city fans were disgusted last night most people were saying about time somebody stood up them ****s.
i reckon just ban them and we can get on with supporting city. i know there will be loads replys now slating me but how bad im only giving an opinion.

Colm
15/05/2004, 10:24 AM
lads lets not be to harsh here-i know its not right to condone violence but these ****ers are filth and have been getting away with murder for years going back to bishopstown chasing kids through estates and these ****s were in there 30s.
i was in town yesterday afternoon n i seen them getting stuck in kids. what happened last night was just pure frustration and i wouldnt be to hard on lads for giving a bit back for once.i think city should ban the lot of them west brits from the cross forever.so what if they did same to us cos nobody goes rovers away game anymore anyway. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'd have to agree with most of what you say Flynninio.
Nearly each and every Rovers fan there last night wanted and was involved in the hassle, I saw them with my own eyes, and they deserved what they got. Yeah a lot of City fans went up there and got a bit carried away but they were only reacting to the Scum, I won't critisise our own fans.

As for your comment about not going to the Rovers away game anymore, I think that's a pity. I still go to Rovers away and I think it's a shame that we don't bring a massive crowd like we do to the other games in Dublin.

Counting Crow
15/05/2004, 10:27 AM
The carry on by those group of thugs was awful.

What is more worrying is the damage this will have done to our Club.
Another big crowd, kids, parents with their families etc at it and they see this. Somone could have gotten seriously hurt.

You can bet there will be people at the game last night that will NOT come back again - certainly not for a while and maybe never again when these thugs are in town.

We could be fined.

In relation to the stadium, it just highlights how inadequate The Cross is from a safety perspective - all that rubble, stones, etc lying around and all potential missiles.

UEFA License will be harder to get now as I'm sure they will look at these incidents ( along with those at Dalymount ) and force strickter regulations.........!

Here's a thought.........could we be charged with inciting the problem with the "half time" entertainment and THAT song..........?

Still laughing at it though ........what a sight........ the whole stadium singing and laughing at the SCUM.

Flynninio
15/05/2004, 10:30 AM
we actually spoke about it last night getting a big crowd to go up which i would love.i do feel that its wrong when kids are around but i for one could have killed one of them last night if given chance.i give them one thing tho when we scored they were singing straight way and i mean instantly. when they scored took shed long time to get in full flow again

applehunter
15/05/2004, 10:53 AM
The City fans that were throwing stones and punches are just as bad as the Rovers fans. As far as I could see it was the City fans that started it. Those City fans should be banned!!!!

applehunter
15/05/2004, 11:06 AM
Yeah a lot of City fans went up there and got a bit carried away but they were only reacting to the Scum, I won't critisise our own fans.

Who are the "SCUM"
The Cork City fans started the trouble. There is no excuse for the way the City fans carried on. As far as I could see the Rovers fans were behaving fine until they started to be wound up by the City fans.

Flynninio
15/05/2004, 11:41 AM
Who are the "SCUM"
The Cork City fans started the trouble. There is no excuse for the way the City fans carried on. As far as I could see the Rovers fans were behaving fine until they started to be wound up by the City fans.

What planet are you on man?these ****s were at it in middle of the day in town.i know few of them that werent there last night and believe me rovers love coming to cork for trouble and 95%o of them were down for that.

thecorner
15/05/2004, 12:21 PM
In an nutshell....an absolute disgrace. Total scum are those Rovers and City fans who got involved last night. Fair play to those in the corner who stayed in the corner second half. IMO, "the corner" aren't good for CCFC. What the **** brought them up by the Rovers fans second half??? Will they go up there next time for the Longford game?? I doubt it.

another stupid comment from xtreme

why is the corner so bad for ccfc?

we go over watch the game and enjoy it.

whats wrong with that

thecorner
15/05/2004, 12:52 PM
and i suppose it was just the corner boys :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thecorner
15/05/2004, 1:01 PM
No, it was probably others as well but why did City fans stoop to their pathetic low level last night? I know a few in the corner and they are as sound as a pound, but do you know where they went second half last night?[/B].

so how can u say the corner is bad for ccfc. if thre was peole from the shed involved, why isnt the shed bad for ccfc. make your mind up kid

Flynninio
15/05/2004, 1:06 PM
you shouldnt use the word scum in referring to city fans that got involved because a lot of people that post on this site and that are invloved in 451 were there last night.
get over it extreme rebel cos ur been 'extremely rude'.....
it was built up over years now its done move on........ :D :D

thecorner
15/05/2004, 1:20 PM
I didn't say the shed was involved...spillage did. And thats not right if people from the shed weren't involved.

It's a sad sad day when we stoop to Rovers' level.
We don't need and don't want supporters like that.

so u still havent explained why the corner is bad for ccfc if there was also others involved

Flynninio
15/05/2004, 1:22 PM
this is not a vendetta against 451 - i just saying there were people from everywhere involved. your not going buying 451????? your just a been a muppett now. city for the league lets get back to the real issue........

thecorner
15/05/2004, 1:22 PM
and what about the others from the shed end

c'mon explain, havent got all day :rolleyes:

mickrev
15/05/2004, 1:38 PM
Everyone at the club condones what happened last night.
You what?????

jof fan
15/05/2004, 1:57 PM
An absolute disgrace to see City fans acting the way that they did last night.There is constant giving out on this forum about how Rovers fan are SCUM and all the fighting they do etc etc. Take a look at those ''City'' fans last night and someone try and convince me why they arent SCUM?That little show last night has given City fans a bad name and hope that all involved are very pleased with themselves.The families that were there last night wont be coming back for fear of their children and in all honesty would d hell could blame them?

Colm
15/05/2004, 2:37 PM
there were about 15-20 people in the corner in the first half, now where did they all disappear to in the second half? Only about 5 people watched the game from the corner in the second half?? Did they go and look for a fight? Both sets of fans are to blame and all those involved are utter scum.

It's very unfair to single out one group of City fans, there were Corner boys up there, there was also a lot of fellas from the Shed and a lot of the people sitting in the St.Annes end got involved aswell.
I don't think you should be calling your fellow City fans scum. Save those kind of remarks for the Rovers fans.

applehunter
15/05/2004, 3:08 PM
I don't understand how people are justifying last night by saying Rovers are scum. AS far as I'm concerned nothing would have happened had the city fans not looked for trouble. The lads that went down were looking for trouble and they got it. Had they stayed where they were this wouldn't have happened. End of Story.

Troy.McClure
15/05/2004, 3:15 PM
I dont know how people are defending this, its a black and white issue. If you were involved in violence at the X, you should be banned from comming back, no ifs no buts. Just look at the back page of the echo, Id never set foot in the X if I hadnt been there before.

At the end of the day the club will get fined, less people will come to the games and City will get a bad reputation like Rovers. Its a very bad night for Cork City FC 'Pride' of Leeside :(

applehunter
15/05/2004, 3:15 PM
It's very unfair to single out one group of City fans, there were Corner boys up there, there was also a lot of fellas from the Shed and a lot of the people sitting in the St.Annes end got involved aswell.
I don't think you should be calling your fellow City fans scum. Save those kind of remarks for the Rovers fans.

Do you think what happened last night is good for the clubs' image? People came to match last night to watch a soccer match, not to be involved in a riot. Open your eyes boy.

thecorner
15/05/2004, 3:46 PM
I know it wasn't just the corner and I wasn't singling them out..

slightly changing your story there,xtreme :rolleyes:

thecorner
15/05/2004, 4:03 PM
, "the corner" aren't good for CCFC.

[QOUTE=xtreme rebel]I know it wasn't just the corner and I wasn't singling them out[/QUOTE]

hhhhmmmmm :rolleyes:

thecorner
15/05/2004, 4:03 PM
, "the corner" aren't good for CCFC.

I know it wasn't just the corner and I wasn't singling them out

hhhhmmmmm :rolleyes:

thecorner
15/05/2004, 4:08 PM
Corner: Do you agree with that carry on last night.

wasnt there. but you only came on here to slate the corner when its obvious that it wasnt just the corner

applehunter
15/05/2004, 4:13 PM
wasnt there. but you only came on here to slate the corner when its obvious that it wasnt just the corner

Well it was the lads from the corner that started it so they should take most of the blame. They went looking for the trouble to begin with.

Soko
15/05/2004, 4:18 PM
As far as I could see fcuk all happened. Girls like XR will always get their knickers in a twist when something like that happens but it was a very minor incident. Who cares?

thecorner
15/05/2004, 4:27 PM
.....back page news today....

oh yes, the great tabloid that is the the evening echo

must be true if its printed by spillage :rolleyes:

Eric
15/05/2004, 4:32 PM
We don't know who started it but it involved a few from the corner...afew from the shed and a few up at the st.annes end which i find hard to believe as there was no trouble first half when the st.annes crowd were there on their own.

They all take equal blame.

The last time Rovers played at the X (when they were at home) part of the St Annes end nearest to where their supporters were was closed off in order to keep Rovers fans and City fans apart. Why wasn't this done last night when everybody knew there was gonna be a bigger crowd there last night????

I've heard from a lot of people that when things did kick off that it was triggered by City fans. I would not condone this but the blame cannot be fully put on City supporters. On at least 3 occassions in the first half(that I noticed) Gardai and stewards had to go up into the Rovers fans to stop them from drinking, causing hassle etc

They were as willing to cause trouble last night as were any of the City fans. As they say it takes 2 to tango!!!

I'm just amazed that the stewards and the Gardai did not half the foresight to keep both sets of fans futher apart when they had done it previously :confused:

applehunter
15/05/2004, 4:41 PM
They were as willing to cause trouble last night as were any of the City fans. As they say it takes 2 to tango!!!

Yes but somebody has to ask the other person up to dance too.

Eric
15/05/2004, 4:44 PM
Yes but somebody has to ask the other person up to dance too.

But in my experience not everybody you ask agrees to get up and dance :D :D

Soko
15/05/2004, 4:51 PM
how would you know? you weren't even there :rolleyes: I was in the midst of things on the side of St.Annes end, and saw some punches and bottles thrown. It was farely hectic. I stayed as far away as possible, you know those rovers guys. Can't even concentrate on the game with these thugs....

Not alot of punches thrown and some bottles thrown from afar. Are you the type of people who are afraid to go into town on a Saturday night?

jof fan
15/05/2004, 4:52 PM
Who cares?

I think some of the City fans care.This is a major issue and i cant believe that some people think that its no big deal and all that crap.Both parties may have wanted it but at the end of the day there was no need for the City fans to make the situation worse.In the first half the guards, stewards etc. were called to the Rovers fans because they were acting the fools amoung themselves which is expected but what happened with City fans in the second half was not.It has given City fans a bad name and next we'll be put into the same category as Rovers SCUM fans. Is that what people want to see happen?

Soko
15/05/2004, 4:58 PM
Then dont sit near the Rovers fans you tool.

thecorner
15/05/2004, 5:05 PM
i thought i wasnt in striking distance, but the City fans shouldnt have provoked them TOOL,.

oh ya, lets turn the other cheek :rolleyes:

applehunter
15/05/2004, 5:12 PM
The fact is there was no trouble of note from the Rovers section until they were provoked by City fans, that went from one end of the ground to the other to start a fight.

Those City fans knew very well that Rovers fans are easily provoked.

I don't think it should be treated lightly. Only for Gardai and steward intervention, who knows what might have happened?

liam88
15/05/2004, 6:40 PM
I wasn't there but it sounds bad-anyone give an account of what happend?
ANy violence at football games is bad for the sport :(

Colm
15/05/2004, 6:52 PM
The fact is there was no trouble of note from the Rovers section until they were provoked by City fans

Well it all kicked off as a Rovers fan was being taken out of the ground by the Gardai and a few other Rovers fans chased after the Gardai. City fans only got involved after this.

patsh
15/05/2004, 7:21 PM
Eric has mentioned above that Rovers fans were drinking...
We know from previous games that people have cans to drink in the Shed...
This probably has nothing to do with the trouble last night, but shouldn't stopping this be a primary aim for Peter Cotter?
No alcohol whatsoever in the X. It must be easy enough to stop.

cheekyais
15/05/2004, 9:54 PM
Eric has mentioned above that Rovers fans were drinking...
We know from previous games that people have cans to drink in the Shed...
This probably has nothing to do with the trouble last night, but shouldn't stopping this be a primary aim for Peter Cotter?
No alcohol whatsoever in the X. It must be easy enough to stop.

Agree with ya there. There is always people drinkin in da shed and it always takes da stewards ages 2 notice that its goin on. Sure look at da Shels match when cans were thrown at Ollie.

thecorner
15/05/2004, 10:35 PM
agreed^^^^. (waits for thecorner to disagree).

sure lets all just agree with each other :rolleyes:

lets have no difference of opinion

thecorner
15/05/2004, 11:00 PM
a lot of people here have commented on games that they werent at but what would you know, ur only a newbie ;)

univibe
15/05/2004, 11:31 PM
in all fairness lads the only time their is trouble at city games is when rovers are in town, solution to problem; they should be banned from the cross, the bad image they give to loi football especially new fans at cross is very damaging to us as a club, its up to city , the loi, or the gardai to stand up and make a firm decision or wait until somebody gets seriously hurt !!

eoinh
16/05/2004, 9:57 AM
If some City fans hadn't gone out of their way to look for a confrontation, nothing would have happened. They walked halfway around the ground to have a go at the away fans.

I agree. There were loads of trouble makers Friday night. Anybody who was involved should be BANNED IMMEDIATELY. How many people with young kids will ever go again.

You would wonder about the mental age of some of these people.

It also goes to proves that the Licence authorities were right not to give a Premier Division licence to Cork City. There are a lot of rocks and stones at that end. Imagine if that happened in European competition?

The people who are on here defending these people or seeking some justification for it should be ashamed of themselves. For gods sake grow up.

thecorner
16/05/2004, 10:37 AM
ah ur getting really desperate with ur arguments now. Your like a broooookkkkeeennnn Reccccooooorrrrrdddddd.

ok :rolleyes: