PDA

View Full Version : Bad debts

naoise kennedy
23/11/2010, 7:25 PM
Today we hear about galway now having a debt of 900k and bohs having a debt of 300k,, i know bray are very tight with there money and how much they pay the players etc.,,

But on a curiously note, do bray have any big debts like the above, i guess they are running with some amount of debt or maybe not..

John83
23/11/2010, 7:41 PM
If you want to, you can download last year's accounts from cro.ie. No way is Bray carrying that kind of debt though - there are warning signs (e.g. players not getting paid, unpaid tax) which haven't appeared for Bray.

Mr A
23/11/2010, 7:57 PM
Bohs' debt is more like 4 million. 300k is just what they need by the end of the year.

Mr Maroon
23/11/2010, 8:12 PM
Today we hear about galway now having a debt of 900k and bohs having a debt of 300k,, i know bray are very tight with there money and how much they pay the players etc.,,

But on a curiously note, do bray have any big debts like the above, i guess they are running with some amount of debt or maybe not..

Bohs' debt is more like 4 million. 300k is just what they need by the end of the year.
Correct, Mr A. Our overall debt is around 900k. About 70k of that is what needs to be paid by the end of the year (ie. the equivalent to Bohs' 300k).

Roo69
24/11/2010, 11:18 AM
Jesus H Christ, how can clubs let things get so bad. Not so long along Galway were the club that were being used as an example by the FAI as how clubs should be run. A Galway official told me that your biggest crowd of the season was against us in the playoff game, couldn't believe it, the place was only half full. 70k within the space of a few weeks is a massive ask for Galway... Bohs 300k, wel,l i can't really add anything to what has already been said. Both clubs could easily end up in the first division next season if not worse.

Pretty much every club though carries some kind of debt, might only be a few grand but they still carry it. Once a club starts missing wages and tax payments then questions need to be asked, neither has happened to Bray so i would be very confident in saying we are stable.

lowflyingseagul
24/11/2010, 1:06 PM
i just saw nick leeson leaving paddypowers