PDA

View Full Version : PFAI transfer list

Pages : [1] 2

Dodge
16/11/2010, 4:02 PM
Obviously a fair few on here will get deals done this week.

Just to be clear, anyone on this is free to sign for anybody (so UCD fans, if Bolger goes, you get nothing)

http://www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

oh and the PFAI blurb

http://www.pfai.ie/news/256-transfer-list-released

pineapple stu
16/11/2010, 4:03 PM
Just to be clear, anyone on this is free to sign for anybody (so UCD fans, if Bolger goes, you get nothing)
Which is why I'm so pleased Killer's not there. :)

(Small consolation, I know...)

SwanVsDalton
16/11/2010, 4:11 PM
Craig Walsh Longford/Shams

Good to see even the PFAI throwing digs at the league champions.

Fivesilver
16/11/2010, 4:29 PM
Ah well, I enjoyed our 2011 title charge while it lasted.

Oldred
16/11/2010, 6:13 PM
Keep the faith, Fivesilver, no point offering contracts until everyone sobers up!

peadar1987
16/11/2010, 7:32 PM
Don't you have to pay compensation to the developing club for signing any underage player?

El-Pietro
16/11/2010, 7:37 PM
interesting that theres only one Cork City player on that list

Sam_Heggy
16/11/2010, 7:40 PM
Only if they are signed on Pro Contracts.

Like the ones some of our players are on, and Derry think they can get for free.

sheao
16/11/2010, 7:44 PM
Ger Hanley from Mervue would'nt be a bad signing for any club .
He's just after getting a call up to the u21 squad.

Sam_Heggy
16/11/2010, 7:49 PM
Yet he hadn't any call ups to the Under 19 squad recently?

CSFShels
16/11/2010, 8:33 PM
Only if they are signed on Pro Contracts.

Like the ones some of our players are on, and Derry think they can get for free.
Finn Harps have FT players?

Sam_Heggy
16/11/2010, 8:40 PM
Finn Harps have FT players?

No, but you can sign young players on Professional contracts. We have too many good young players coming through to lose them for nothing.

CSFShels
16/11/2010, 8:47 PM
Semi-pro contracts surely?

Sam_Heggy
16/11/2010, 8:49 PM
Semi-pro contracts surely?

You have Amateur contracts or Professional contracts, simples.

Spudulika
16/11/2010, 9:02 PM
Some cracking players on that list. Sligo and Dundalk look to have weakened the most, at least on paper. If I could I'd nab Alan Kirby, Richie Ryan and Jason Byrne. Going to be a fun close season!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
16/11/2010, 9:10 PM
Some cracking players on that list. Sligo and Dundalk look to have weakened the most, at least on paper. If I could I'd nab Alan Kirby, Richie Ryan and Jason Byrne. Going to be a fun close season!

None of the Rovers players on the list have left the club. Just haven't signed a new contract yet. I thought John Dillon was one of the two players we had re-signed for next season already actually

Spudulika
16/11/2010, 11:46 PM
I would, if I were a Sligo fan, question the professionalism of a club that would leave Richie Ryan out on a limb. Along with Williams he'd be the star of the league this year. I'd personally love to see him go abroad, preferably to a good footballing country like Germany or France, though if Sligo had a good side it would be justice to see him pick up a league medal.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
17/11/2010, 7:54 AM
I would, if I were a Sligo fan, question the professionalism of a club that would leave Richie Ryan out on a limb. Along with Williams he'd be the star of the league this year. I'd personally love to see him go abroad, preferably to a good footballing country like Germany or France, though if Sligo had a good side it would be justice to see him pick up a league medal.

For all we know Richie could be asking for stupid money now and the club may not be willing to pay that amount (see Raf this time last year). He signed a one year contract at the start of the season and at that stage a lot of people didn't think he should be in the starting 11 based on the way he had played in 2009! I'm sure a lot of the players on the list will get sorted out soon enough

Fivesilver
17/11/2010, 8:20 AM
It's got very little to do with professionalism, and a lot to do with stability. It's pretty obvious that in this league you have to balance the priorities of trying to hang onto the best players you can with keeping on an even keel financially. I want us to have a powerful squad next year, but without going down the route of Shels/Bohs/Cork/take your pick.
As I said before, Cook should be the priority. Over the last 12 months, we lost, at one stage or another, Cretaro, Almeida, Amond, Brush and then for the final Blinkhorn and Ryan. That's an awful lot of quality to have to plan without, and says a huge amount about the manager's ability.

Dodge
17/11/2010, 8:36 AM
You have Amateur contracts or Professional contracts, simples.

If only it was that simple in this league.

You can have 1) pro, 2) amatuer, 3) paid under the table pro, 4) paid under the table amateur, 5)paid as a barman amateur, 6) paid as a coach amateur, 7) dual contracted pros, 8) independent contractors

legendz
17/11/2010, 8:59 AM
interesting that theres only one Cork City player on that list

"Some players are currently in negotiations with clubs and do not wish to appear on the list."

pineapple stu
17/11/2010, 9:28 AM
Don't you have to pay compensation to the developing club for signing any underage player?
If they're under 23, on non-amateur terms with the club for two whole seasons and have been offered a contract at least equal to what the expiring one within six months of expiry (I think that's the timeframe), then you're entitled to a fee.

WoodquayBoy
17/11/2010, 10:15 AM
Thought there would be more than 1 Galway United player on it. And What's Mark Farren doing there, thought he was retiring due to ill health?

Dodge
17/11/2010, 10:16 AM
But the fee is decided by who? If its a league/FAI panel (which i think it is) then it'll be pittance in the (wait for the cliche) "current climate"

All it takes is one player to question this through the courts and it'll be blown wide open too. Complete restraint of trade

pineapple stu
17/11/2010, 10:41 AM
If it's not agreed by the clubs, it goes to arbitration (not sure who that is exactly; probably FAI).

I think for Cawley to Shels, the arbitration agreed E40k or something like that, and we said we'd be happy with E24k, so that's what was (eventually) paid. So we at least understand the LoI reality (not to trump us as moral gods; just we're the ones I know most about)

Cawley took it to the courts and lost, remember. Don't know on what grounds though (could just have been the back-dating of his contract)

Dodge
17/11/2010, 10:55 AM
I guarantee you no club will be asked to pay for than 10k for any player in the league by the FAI/league

pineapple stu
17/11/2010, 11:09 AM
Wouldn't disagree alright. The times they are a-changing and all that.

Terry
18/11/2010, 9:18 PM
Thought there would be more than 1 Galway United player on it?

All of the players that Sean wants for next season have agreed to sign as soon as the budget required is agreed, which will be some time in the new year. Otherwise, them all will be on it.

BonnieShels
18/11/2010, 9:37 PM
I had absolutely no idea that Bisto had gone to Sweden. wondering why I hadn't seen him line out for Galway!!!!!

El-Pietro
23/11/2010, 9:10 AM
thats whats interesting, we were told by Tommy Dunne that City had already signed almost everyone they wanted to keep

Dodge
10/01/2011, 12:35 PM
Dan McDonnell jsut tweeted the PFAI squad for that tournement in Norway.

PFAI squad heading to Norway. B Brennan. A Shanahan. L Burns. S Kelly [ex-Lim]. B Gartland. M Rossiter. B Shelley. A Price. S Kelly[ex-Dund], D Marshall D Meenan B Ryan Stuey Byrne M Leech E Zayed D Kavanagh G Fitzpatrick K Moore

passinginterest
10/01/2011, 12:43 PM
Dan McDonnell jsut tweeted the PFAI squad for that tournement in Norway.

PFAI squad heading to Norway. B Brennan. A Shanahan. L Burns. S Kelly [ex-Lim]. B Gartland. M Rossiter. B Shelley. A Price. S Kelly[ex-Dund], D Marshall D Meenan B Ryan Stuey Byrne M Leech E Zayed D Kavanagh G Fitzpatrick K Moore

According to Mark McCadden's twitter it is Stuart Byrne. I was just coming on to post the squad too.

Longfordian
10/01/2011, 12:52 PM
Didn't realise Stuey Byrne was out of contract and still looking for a club. Wouldn't be shocked to see him end up back at Shels if they can afford him, he's pretty friendly with Alan Mathews who's tried to sign him a few times before.

pineapple stu
10/01/2011, 12:53 PM
K Moore
Karl Moore? Strange one, seeing as he signed for that Spanish team just last month.

passinginterest
10/01/2011, 1:08 PM
It's down as Karl Moore alright.

120 coaches/managers apparently confirmed to attend. All the games on Friday with Ireland v Finland and Norway v Sweden followed by 3rd/4th playoff and final, the games are 30 mins/half.

poster
10/01/2011, 1:28 PM
Interesting to see Shelley there too.

Dodge
10/01/2011, 1:31 PM
Didn't realise Stuey Byrne was out of contract and still looking for a club. Wouldn't be shocked to see him end up back at Shels if they can afford him, he's pretty friendly with Alan Mathews who's tried to sign him a few times before.

Think he's had a couple of offers but keeping his options open.

Shelley is the interesting one to me

poster
10/01/2011, 1:32 PM
Anyone know how many games there are in the tournament?

Dodge
10/01/2011, 2:17 PM
2 games for PFAI in total, all played on Friday. 30 minutes a half

drummerboy
10/01/2011, 2:31 PM
Pat Fenlon has been seen out at a few LSL games, obviously looking for a few players.

Magicme
10/01/2011, 3:47 PM
Gutted Garto still hasn't signed for us.:-(

Sam_Heggy
10/01/2011, 5:06 PM

Where is he based?
I thought he was very decent for ye last season.

Magicme
10/01/2011, 5:38 PM
He is from Dublin.

Guinney
10/01/2011, 7:24 PM
Quick question ... Do you think he would be capable of becoming a decent Premier division defender?

Mario
10/01/2011, 8:08 PM
Jokeshop to see Stuey Byrne going on this, no way a foriegn club would sign him, over the hill and well past his best. He shoulda let one of the younger players go instead!

Magicme
10/01/2011, 8:24 PM
No. He is not good enough for any club except Mons*

*this is my desperate attempt to steer all other clubs away from him and leave him with no option but to sign for us. The truth is he would be a good lower to mid table Premier defender.

Dodge
10/01/2011, 10:19 PM
Jokeshop to see Stuey Byrne going on this, no way a foriegn club would sign him, over the hill and well past his best. He shoulda let one of the younger players go instead!

He's going on a coaching role apparently (and you're presuming there were others willing to do it)

If it was purely on the basis of "no way a foriegn club would sign him", there'd be about 2 in the squad

danthesaint
11/01/2011, 2:13 AM

He is entitled to look for a club as just about anyone in the country.

Over the hill, he was one of the best midfielders in the league last season.

Dillonman
11/01/2011, 7:53 AM
McGuinness needs to get off his high horse, just seen the full interview TV3 did with him yesterday and hes going on about no clubs here will offer full time contracts to any of "his" members. The truth of the matter is the clubs are offering contracts but alot of the players see themselves valued as twice what the contract is.

razor
11/01/2011, 8:18 AM
thats whats interesting, we were told by Tommy Dunne that City had already signed almost everyone they wanted to keepNo surprise its Barrett, he was overweight, lazy and of no benefit.

He should go after Alan Carey though.

I see Liam Kearney has found a club. (http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dandenongthunder/news/kearney-joins-thunder-237426.html)