PDA

View Full Version : going down the leeds road

lazyboy2004
13/05/2004, 1:05 PM
Does anyone else think that city are heading down the same road as leeds,we have probably
the highest wage bill in the country and it looks like dolan wants to increase that enen more if the rumours concerning
Gamble,Barry-Murphy are true.ok so city signed a deal with Nissan for 750,000 i think,fenn,o callaghan and Flynn
take up at least 150,000 of that each year on wages and its probaly more,can someone come on hear and explain where city
are going to get this revenue to continue,lets not forget that as a club city have no assets a part from the players,we
have no ground of our own,training groung of our own,offices of our own,yes
we do have the biggest gates but a % of that has to go on rent and not to the club A/C,
City i believe are paying out wages to 26 players and that does not includre the backroom staff,
look for example fenn,o callaghan,flynn and dolan are on £50,000 a year(we all know that they are on much more)thats 200,000 on 4 people,so can anyone explain to me were city are getting this money?

ccfc till i die
13/05/2004, 1:31 PM
Sponsorship money from Guinness, red FM etc. sponsorship boards, programme sponsorship, Mick Wallace, city lotto, programme sales, merchandise plus Brian Lennox's deep pockets.

So don't you worry your little head.

lazyboy2004
13/05/2004, 1:56 PM
well tell then what happens during the of season,no income from programmes
which what comes to 5000 and remember there not produced for free,all sponership from around the ground is split with the muster FA,and can you honestly tell me lennox is going to poor his own money into the club for ever,get a life,

Éanna
13/05/2004, 2:14 PM
Does anyone else think that city are heading down the same road as leeds,
no. Brian Lennox is a football fan, but he's also a businessman. he's not stupid enough to put the club in danger. There's also the small matter of having accounts in order for the licensing.

Colm
13/05/2004, 2:41 PM
Don't worry we're not spending half as much as the jealous obsessed Pats/Rovers/Longford fans would have you believe.

max power
13/05/2004, 2:46 PM
well when dolan goes so will wallace, what do we have to be jealous of city for, we actually own our ground......and we are the same team since 1924 no matter how little we've won, how many face lifts have yee had ???? :mad:

Dricky
13/05/2004, 2:47 PM
Don't worry we're not spending half as much as the jealous obsessed Pats/Rovers/Longford fans would have you believe.

And sure we all know a quid streches longer in Cork.
I beleive under the UEFA Licence it is a % of the total income of the club that can be spent on wages. you should stop listening to all the dubs. Lennox will just sell more chips if he has to.

max power
13/05/2004, 2:52 PM
well if your gonna stop listening to the dubs, take us out of that bracket and stop mentioning us in the same breath as them, we are a regional clubs, not a subarb of jackeenland like the drogs

Éanna
13/05/2004, 2:56 PM
well if your gonna stop listening to the dubs, take us out of that bracket and stop mentioning us in the same breath as them, we are a regional clubs, not a subarb of jackeenland like the drogs
stop agreeing with the pats fans all the time so

max power
13/05/2004, 2:56 PM
examples please :confused:

wws
13/05/2004, 3:06 PM
stop agreeing with the pats fans all the time so

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gary
13/05/2004, 3:45 PM
how many face lifts have yee had ???? :mad:

Talk about obsessed!

Cork City FC has had the same name for its entire existence. CCFC have no affilaiation whatsoever to Cork Hibs/Celtic, Fordsons, Alberts or whoever.

We are a young progressive club, and it seems to really wind up you pale folk.

As for the fella who started this thread. Quit your bullshít willya. How much has Dolan spent on buying players? I await your answer on that. How much has he made selling? Not much, but alot more than he has 'spent'!

oú est j.cotter
13/05/2004, 3:56 PM
still though. if we're to get in people like gamble and kenneth coleman etc... certain squad players who're over 21 and are getting an anyway decent wage will have to be let go. 26 players getting paid! if they're over 21 and unlikely to make the first team now there doesn't seem to be much point keeping them. a bit of trimming does seem necessary.

lazyboy2004
13/05/2004, 4:22 PM
so tell me gary,how much has dolan got back in transfer fees,a big fat zero,
and on the players he brought in FENN is the best paid player in the league and he gave george a new contract last season and rumour has it its close to 1500 a week,no club in the league can afford those sort of wages and we have 3 people on the club taking home over close to 5000 a week,if city are'nt successful gates will drop,income will drop but the wages paid out will increase and lets not forget doyle and o flynn are going to be looking for new contracts soon and will obvisouly be looking for the same money as o callaghan,dolan and fenn,that makes 5 people on over 1000 a week which if my sums are right 260000 a year on 5 peoples wages,what sort of wage bill do city have,close to 450000 if not half a millon,if city don't win something i can see the club in big trouble and what happens if lennox and wallace walk out and dont think they wont

Gary
13/05/2004, 4:53 PM
so tell me gary,how much has dolan got back in transfer fees,a big fat zero,

Open to correction, but i think there was a fee involved with Conor O Grady to Derry.

and on the players he brought in FENN is the best paid player in the league

And you have this on good authority??? I dont think Fenns wages, like Georges are public knowledge.

no club in the league can afford those sort of wages and we have 3 people on the club taking home over close to 5000 a week,

Over close to? is it over or close to? Make up you mind, or get your 'facts' straight.

if city are'nt successful gates will drop,

And City have been succesful so far? One league and one FAI cup hardly qualifies City as a successful club, yet we still get an average of 4500 per match.

income will drop but the wages paid out will increase and lets not forget doyle and o flynn are going to be looking for new contracts soon and will obvisouly be looking for the same money as o callaghan,dolan and fenn,that makes 5 people on over 1000 a week which if my sums are right 260000 a year on 5 peoples wages,what sort of wage bill do city have,close to 450000 if not half a millon,if city don't win something i can see the club in big trouble and what happens if lennox and wallace walk out and dont think they wont

Blah blah blah blah. To me, it sounds like you want City to go bust.

mickrev
13/05/2004, 5:21 PM
Ummm, the obvious question is lazyboy, in your fantasy world what does Fenn make per week?

I think it was on this board previously that he gets 100 grand a year or something rediculous. Plus 10,000 signing on fee.

What exactly are Lennox's business credentials besides a chip shop?

I'm sure Leeds fans never thought it would happen to them a few years back.

Colm
13/05/2004, 5:29 PM
and on the players he brought in FENN is the best paid player in the league

I'll you now that he is nowhere near the highest paid player in the league, he's not even the highest paid player at City ffs. That fact that we were able to offer him more than two small clubs like Pats and Waterford doesn't mean he's getting unbelievable money.

As Gary said it sounds as if you want City to go bust! Are you sure you're not one of the obsessed posing as a City fan?

patsh
13/05/2004, 6:05 PM
and we are the same team since 1924 no matter how little we've won
Fair play to them, they must be in thier 90's at least now, surely thats a world record of some kind?? :D

patsh
13/05/2004, 6:17 PM
I think it was on this board previously that he gets 100 grand a year or something rediculous. Plus 10,000 signing on fee.
I think if you look back through the threads, those figures were mostly being bandied about by supporters of other clubs who seem to think they know the financial details of City, or who were having yet another tedious lash at Dolan and maybe the Echo was guilty of some exageration as well.
We all hear bits and pieces, but NONE of us know the real story. If anyone does, this is the last place they will post it.
For what its worth, which is probably not much, I've been told by a few people that those figures are bullsh*t.
I have to say that I don't really see the Leeds analogy, and I know very little about them, but weren't they paying guys £65,000 sterling a week?
That has nothing in common with City.

mickrev
13/05/2004, 7:01 PM
Is that a serious comment?

Yes. I was wondering does he have any other business interests besides the chips. I always see posts on here saying that he has got good business savvy and such. I was wondering does it extend beyond burgers.

Echo Boy
13/05/2004, 7:24 PM
Does anyone else think that city are heading down the same road as leeds,we have probably
the highest wage bill in the country and it looks like dolan wants to increase that enen more if the rumours concerning
Gamble,Barry-Murphy are true.ok so city signed a deal with Nissan for 750,000 i think,fenn,o callaghan and Flynn
take up at least 150,000 of that each year on wages and its probaly more,can someone come on hear and explain where city
are going to get this revenue to continue,lets not forget that as a club city have no assets a part from the players,we
have no ground of our own,training groung of our own,offices of our own,yes
we do have the biggest gates but a % of that has to go on rent and not to the club A/C,
City i believe are paying out wages to 26 players and that does not includre the backroom staff,
look for example fenn,o callaghan,flynn and dolan are on £50,000 a year(we all know that they are on much more)thats 200,000 on 4 people,so can anyone explain to me were city are getting this money?

Lennox is bankrolling City and only for him there would be no EL soccer in Cork.

SÓC
13/05/2004, 10:16 PM
City have always apid less wages than other clubs, ffs even bust Rovers could offer Greg more than we could from our budget.