PDA

View Full Version : Player of the Year Awards

Roo69
15/11/2010, 11:12 AM
The Player of the Year awards are on this coming Saturday (20th November) @ 8pm in the Glenview Hotel. Tickets are €25.00 are are available from the club on 01 2828214.

Should be a great night.

Bray Head
15/11/2010, 5:45 PM
Looks like a good few players will be in contention for the award based on the last 4 months of the season - Jake, Dempsey, Danny O'Connor, Prendergast, Shane O'Neill. It's hard to choose.

Roo69
16/11/2010, 8:53 AM
Looks like a good few players will be in contention for the award based on the last 4 months of the season - Jake, Dempsey, Danny O'Connor, Prendergast, Shane O'Neill. It's hard to choose.

Very tough choice indeed, i'd probably go with

Players of the Year - Gary Dempsey
Young Player of the Year - Jake Kelly

rocket
16/11/2010, 9:55 AM
This is a really though one this year, could be any one of four players i m o, but taking into account the whole season id go with
PLAYER OF THE YEAR; JAKE KELLY YOUNG PLAYER ; SHANE ONEILL

Roo69
16/11/2010, 10:32 AM
I couldn't argue with those choices either :)

notever
18/11/2010, 9:38 PM
:ball:I don't see Chris Shields mentioned there,lets not forget some players only came in late in the season while Jake,Shane and Chris have been doing it ALL season, so I would go for Jake as player of the year and Chris as young player.I appreciate what Danny and Gary and Matt have done since they came in but others have been doing it all the time.

notever
18/11/2010, 9:44 PM
Who is running Player of the Year, the Club or Supporters Club?

Roo69
19/11/2010, 10:55 AM
:ball:I don't see Chris Shields mentioned there,lets not forget some players only came in late in the season while Jake,Shane and Chris have been doing it ALL season, so I would go for Jake as player of the year and Chris as young player.I appreciate what Danny and Gary and Matt have done since they came in but others have been doing it all the time.

Em, not one player did anything of note before the summer break when Longer and Devo took charge :p I honestly think it would nearly be better to judge on the 2nd half of the season as this is when our season started. Going on that it is so tough to pick from about 5 or 6 players. When Chris moved into a more advanced role he really stood out, excellent 2nd half of the season, Jake got the goals which probably kept us up, Danny and Dempsey were superb, made all the difference in midfield and Gregg brought some much needed stability to the back, Even the likes of Mitchell and Prendergast had brilliant 2nd halfs of the season.

The Supporters Club are running it as far as i know, they normally do don't they?

Captain2007
19/11/2010, 4:02 PM
Who is running Player of the Year, the Club or Supporters Club?

Don't be shocked with their choice - Supporters Club pick and have done so since 1985 and have had some strange picks in the past......in saying that I have to agree with Roo should be judged on the second half of the season..for me have to go for Jake Kelly, you don't get writers association awards and International recognition for nothing, Young Player i would opt for Chris Shields...and give Devo and Longer the freedom of Bray for keeping us up..........

Captain2007
22/11/2010, 8:06 PM
Don't be shocked with their choice - Supporters Club pick and have done so since 1985 and have had some strange picks in the past......in saying that I have to agree with Roo should be judged on the second half of the season..for me have to go for Jake Kelly, you don't get writers association awards and International recognition for nothing, Young Player i would opt for Chris Shields...and give Devo and Longer the freedom of Bray for keeping us up..........

Delighted to see Supporters club got in right IMO.......