PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N8 vs HTC Wildfire

Ash
12/11/2010, 11:27 AM
Due a Meteor upgrade and thinking of getting either Nokia N8 or HTC Wildfire.
Anyone use either or both and have thoughts on them?

Currently have Nokia E71 and have been a long standing Nokia man

dahamsta
12/11/2010, 5:18 PM
I can't really comment on the Wildfire, but I'd strongly recommend Android. I've had a series of smartphones going back many years, but Android is a game changer; a life changer even. More importantly from a future-proofing point of view though, Symbian is dead in the water - I honestly can't see them recovering at this point - and Nokia will be too unless they migrate to another OS quick-sharp. I'd strongly recommend going the Android route. Even an iPhone would be better than a Nokia at the moment, and I hate Apple.

A face
15/11/2010, 12:02 PM
Due a Meteor upgrade and thinking of getting either Nokia N8 or HTC Wildfire.
Anyone use either or both and have thoughts on them?

Currently have Nokia E71 and have been a long standing Nokia man

No to Nokia at this point, they seriously took their eye off the ball. Complete 'FAIL' on their part.

As dahamsta says, if its Android then its good. As Meteor what all your options are? It might be worth paying a bit extra and getting a good phone. The Wildfire and Legend were/are both good phones but it might be worth looking at the Desire or HD2

dahamsta
15/11/2010, 4:12 PM
As dahamsta says, if its Android then its good.

God no, there are some awful android handsets out there. The T-Mobile G2 has an IC that reinstalls the base OS if you root or upgrade it, and Vodafone have just come out with a "cheap" android handset that's such a chunk of crap they don't even list the MHz on the sales page! :)