PDA

View Full Version : Ins and Outs

Pages : [1] 2

Roo69
11/11/2010, 3:55 PM
Realistically, who would you like the club to keep hold of and what new blood would you like to see come into the club?

Obviously i would like to retain as many of the current squad as possible, especially Dempsey and O'Connor, probably the 2 reasons why we stayed up this year.

With the way the game has gone, some of the big guns can no longer afford higher wages and full time football, this could mean we might be able to attract good quality players.

What about Jason Byrne? Gareth Coughlan was released by Pats. Gary O'Neill, Eamon Zayed and Colin Hawkins all released? I'd love any of them at the Carlisle in fairness.

At least we can fully plan for the Premier and hopefully attract a few big name signings knowing were we stand.

Any rumors doing the rounds?

Bry Boy
11/11/2010, 9:18 PM
I always look at clubs like shells,monagahn,waterford
is there no chance of players in the 1st divission ?
on another note is it likely that we will be going winter football ?

lowflyingseagul
12/11/2010, 10:27 AM
keep mitchell , prendergast, o'connor, dempsey and gregg, the reason for our resurgance . philly hughes from monaghan was the best player on the pitch the other night, great touch to bring other players in and of course its time for jason byrne to come home

Cabinteelygull
12/11/2010, 2:00 PM
Realistically would Jason Byrne consider joining us next season? I would absolutely love if he came back one of the reasons I started following Bray, but if a bigger club were looking for him would he be tempted? Liike everyone i'd like to see us keep most of this squad but I would be surprised if we held on to the likes of Dempsey and Jake Kelly is almost certain to move i'm sure, and good luck to him!

I there anywhere ye can view the players who have been released so far this year?

KK77
12/11/2010, 2:25 PM
Realistically would Jason Byrne consider joining us next season? I would absolutely love if he came back one of the reasons I started following Bray, but if a bigger club were looking for him would he be tempted? Liike everyone i'd like to see us keep most of this squad but I would be surprised if we held on to the likes of Dempsey and Jake Kelly is almost certain to move i'm sure, and good luck to him!

I there anywhere ye can view the players who have been released so far this year?

He was saying he wants to stay playing full time football so unless he is left with no real options i would say we have no chance of getting him. Even if he had to go part time i am sure there are other clubs who could afford a better wage than us.

peadar1987
12/11/2010, 2:46 PM
He was saying he wants to stay playing full time football so unless he is left with no real options i would say we have no chance of getting him. Even if he had to go part time i am sure there are other clubs who could afford a better wage than us.

We could get creative, and offer him a testimonial game against Bohs or Shels, and let him keep the takings. I'm sure there'd be plenty of people in Bray who'd be willing to reach into their pockets to fund the return of a club great.

superjohnny
12/11/2010, 3:11 PM
keep mitchell , prendergast, o'connor, dempsey and gregg, the reason for our resurgance . philly hughes from monaghan was the best player on the pitch the other night, great touch to bring other players in and of course its time for jason byrne to come home

prendergast is a great player lads, he is a must to keep, as for philly hughes, he is about 2 stone over weight.

Grey Boy
12/11/2010, 4:15 PM
I agree with the 2 stone over remark. Thought it was really embarassing watching him play LOI football even if he did play well. It's been about 10 years since I've seen such a horizontally challenged player on a LOI pitch bar that lad who was sacked by Pats.

Theres definitely a few lads we could lose off our current squad who really aren't up to it. The fact that we know what division we are in should help make up a few minds. I wonder would Pender, Coughlan, Mc Cabe, Foran et al have considered staying if they knew we would have been in the premier this season.

Roo69
14/11/2010, 5:02 PM
I agree with the 2 stone over remark. Thought it was really embarassing watching him play LOI football even if he did play well. It's been about 10 years since I've seen such a horizontally challenged player on a LOI pitch bar that lad who was sacked by Pats.

Theres definitely a few lads we could lose off our current squad who really aren't up to it. The fact that we know what division we are in should help make up a few minds. I wonder would Pender, Coughlan, Mc Cabe, Foran et al have considered staying if they knew we would have been in the premier this season.

I'm pretty sure all the lads who left us last season all came out and said they would have stayed with us if we had of been in the Premier Division

Bray-Z
14/11/2010, 5:29 PM
prendergast is a great player lads, he is a must to keep

Hi Derek. ;)

SupaJon
17/11/2010, 9:59 AM
http://www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

Shane O'Neill Bray Wanderers Forward 21
Dane Massey Bray Wanderers Defender 22
Chris Shields Bray Wanderers Midfielder 19
Derek Prendergast Bray Wanderers Defender 25
Daire Doyle Bray Wanderers Midfielder 29
David Tyrrell Bray Wanderers Midfielder 24
Stephen Brennan Bray Wanderers Defender 27
Richie Baker Bray Wanderers Midfielder 30

I'd be hoping that O'Neill, Massey, Shields, Prendergast & Daire Doyle all sign new contracts with us.

naoise kennedy
17/11/2010, 5:26 PM

I'd be hoping that O'Neill, Massey, Shields, Prendergast & Daire Doyle all sign new contracts with us.

Did shane o neill not sign a two year contract with bray last year and does this list mean that the other bray players are with us for next year or are not seeking employment????

rocket
17/11/2010, 6:50 PM

I see shanes name is gone off the list now.:p

SupaJon
18/11/2010, 8:15 AM
I see shanes name is gone off the list now.:p

Phew!

Will we know when the other players sign new contracts with us (not just those on that list.)?

Grey Boy
20/11/2010, 7:20 PM
I read in one of the red tops that Devo is confirmed as boss for next season to "stabilise the club" and that Shane O Neill was never meant to be on the PFAI list in the first place, that it was just an error.

naoise kennedy
20/11/2010, 9:22 PM
I read in one of the red tops that Devo is confirmed as boss for next season to "stabilise the club" and that Shane O Neill was never meant to be on the PFAI list in the first place, that it was just an error.

great for the club if confirmed,, hopefully this will make alot of the players resign for next year..

peadar1987
21/11/2010, 12:32 AM
great for the club if confirmed,, hopefully this will make alot of the players resign for next year..

You might want to spell that re-sign! :)

naoise kennedy
21/11/2010, 9:01 AM
You might want to spell that re-sign! :)

good one ,, how a slip of a pen can mean so much... thanks

Roo69
24/11/2010, 10:11 AM
According to yesterday's Star newspaper, Jake is on a weeks trial with Derby County. Doncaster Rovers are also looking at bringing him on a weeks trial.

SupaJon
24/11/2010, 12:57 PM
Best of luck to him!

superjohnny
25/11/2010, 2:46 PM
According to yesterday's Star newspaper, Jake is on a weeks trial with Derby County. Doncaster Rovers are also looking at bringing him on a weeks trial.

Be great news if he got one of them. fair play.

Roo69
26/11/2010, 12:42 PM
Even the lesser performers were securing deals worth close to six figures. Joe Gamble was offered a contract in the region of €250,000 a year by St Patrick's Athletic, who dished out over €3,500 every seven days to Gary Dempsey.

Now, Gamble plies his trade with Hartlepool, forced to move abroad to stay in the profession. Dempsey is unemployed and will travel with a squad of 16 players all in the same predicament to Norway in January to take on out-of-work pros from Finland, Sweden and the host nation in a blitz designed to find clubs for the protagonists.

From an article in the Independent.ie (http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/league-of-ireland-goes-from-boom-to-bust-2433116.html)

All the best to him, Jake for that matter too.

Roo69
02/12/2010, 2:59 PM
Reading stories about Bray signing Chris O'Connor and Ken Oman, any one else hear this?

superfrank
02/12/2010, 3:55 PM
They'd both be great signings, imo. I'd love to see Skippy back here. He's a top class keeper and I'd take him over Gregg. Oman would be a brilliant addition to most sides in this league.

naoise kennedy
02/12/2010, 7:14 PM
Reading stories about Bray signing Chris O'Connor and Ken Oman, any one else hear this?

fantastic signings if true.. getting big names back in,

Roo69
03/12/2010, 1:00 PM
On the transfer rumours thread people are saying that we are talking with Jason Byrne, Glen Crowe and Neill Fenn too. Jesus some people have really over active imaginations :)

naoise kennedy
03/12/2010, 1:28 PM
On the transfer rumours thread people are saying that we are talking with Jason Byrne, Glen Crowe and Neill Fenn too. Jesus some people have really over active imaginations :)

great imaginations alright, but its better to be rumoured to be getting players in than releasing players..

peadar1987
03/12/2010, 1:32 PM
Hasn't Fenn retired?! :p

SSwanderer
04/12/2010, 3:16 AM
fenn's a ***** after his antics wit dundalk/rovers

Green&whitearmy
04/12/2010, 11:16 AM
oman and byrne would be great signings, i dont want fenn anywhere the club after what he did last season, once a cheat always a cheat...

Is there any other players around, what about alan cawley, we know he can create alot and we could do with someone like that??

Bray-Z
04/12/2010, 3:37 PM
Someone wrote on the MNS Facebook page that we're getting Barry Corr.

Roo69
05/12/2010, 11:37 AM
Someone wrote on the MNS Facebook page that we're getting Barry Corr.

Goalkeeper?

Looks like we've missed out on bringing Jayo back home, he's signed for Dundalk.

Hulsey
05/12/2010, 5:15 PM
Goalkeeper?

Looks like we've missed out on bringing Jayo back home, he's signed for Dundalk.

Barry Corrs a target man style striker, formally of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon and Exeter. Currently at Southend on a one year deal. I'd say its more that he's from Wicklow that we're being linked to him than anything else.

Bray-Z
05/12/2010, 11:22 PM
Barry Corrs a target man style striker, formally of Leeds, Sheffield Wednesday, Swindon and Exeter. Currently at Southend on a one year deal. I'd say its more that he's from Wicklow that we're being linked to him than anything else.

Just on Southends website there. He's scored 8 goals in 18 games for them this season and in 7 of those games he was a sub. Pretty good record and he's only 25. Can't see him coming to us so.

superfrank
05/12/2010, 11:27 PM
Southend are in pretty serious financial trouble. Or at least they were. I can see them as being very willing to let players go if any offers come in for them. Though, I doubt we'd pay for someone again.

colinf
09/12/2010, 10:59 AM
was on the dart to bray today from town, got off at the station and getting off at the next door up was ken oman and jason mcguinness, i walked left towards the hibernia and they went right towards carlisle

Roo69
09/12/2010, 3:08 PM
was on the dart to bray today from town, got off at the station and getting off at the next door up was ken oman and jason mcguinness, i walked left towards the hibernia and they went right towards carlisle

Worst rumour ever :D

The only reason i can see them going to the Carlisle is to finish the fight they started with eachother during the season down there. :rolleyes:

lowflyingseagul
09/12/2010, 5:52 PM
maybe they went to the bingo

SupaJon
09/12/2010, 9:49 PM
They may have been looking to do a nixer and rebuild our wall.

naoise kennedy
10/12/2010, 5:46 PM
Derek prendergast back for another year..

BrayUnknowns
12/12/2010, 12:41 PM
Derek prendergast back for another year..

Pretty much all of last seasons squad have resigned. Still talking to 4 or 5 of the squad but its looking positive at the moment.

naoise kennedy
12/12/2010, 6:26 PM
Pretty much all of last seasons squad have resigned. Still talking to 4 or 5 of the squad but its looking positive at the moment.

Did not know that most of last years players had resigned but its good to know its a pity the web site would not keep us up to date, but agree looking positive for next year..

BrayUnknowns
23/12/2010, 9:14 AM
Jake Kelly has 100% resigned for the club, heard that from several good sources. Absolutely fantastic news... Yet the club have said nothing about it...

Hulsey
23/12/2010, 9:48 AM
Could have re-signed to get a better price should he go

Dodge
23/12/2010, 9:53 AM
Jake Kelly has 100% resigned for the club, heard that from several good sources. Absolutely fantastic news... Yet the club have said nothing about it...

He was under contract anyway.

Roo69
23/12/2010, 11:26 AM
He was under contract anyway.

Jake's contract was up at the end of the season, maybe your thinking of Shane O'Neill?

Anyway, if true thats superb news, really happy to have him sign back

peadar1987
23/12/2010, 2:42 PM
Great news about Jake. I still reckon he'd be well able to make it across the water, but at least this way we'll be able to get a fee should he leave.

Hulsey
06/01/2011, 11:07 AM
According to his face book page Chris Shields has signed up for next year

naoise kennedy
06/01/2011, 5:51 PM
According to his face book page Chris Shields has signed up for next year

noticed that as well,looking very promising that most of the squad has signed up for next year including gregg, dempsey and o connor , now devo will really make the difference.

Roo69
06/01/2011, 7:24 PM
All have signed new deals with the club, full story on BrayWanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1171)

Goalkeepers: Matt Gregg, Brian Kane

Defenders: Nicky Byrne, Daire Doyle, Colm Tresson, Derek Prendergast, Adam Mitchell, David Webster, Dane Massey, Sean Houston, Shane O’Connor

Midfielders: Dean Zambra, Ian Touhy, Gary Dempsey, Stephen Brennan, David Tyrrell, Chris Shields, Danny O'Connor

Forwards: Shane O’Neill, John Mulroy, Gary Shaw, Jake Kelly