PDA

View Full Version : Flynny WILL play against Rovers

SÓC
12/05/2004, 2:29 PM
Well at least according to the man himself.

www.eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf (http://www.eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf)

Seems last night wasnt anything serious

Gary
12/05/2004, 4:59 PM
Are City trying to ruin the lads career? I felt he was well of the pace last night. Okay, he started strong, but he faded badly before he went off. In a real competitive games against Shams on Friday, he would be a passenger.

I know people are saying that the only way to get him match fit, is to get him to play matches. Fair point, but looking at the guys career, it has been riddled with injuries, he needs a full recovery, preferably by easing him back into the first team, coming off the bench for the last 10-20 mins etc. We have all seen whats happened everytime he has come back early, PLEASE let not let it happen again.

jofyisgod
12/05/2004, 5:16 PM
what can the club do if he says he is fit and if doctors give the thumbs up??
Exactly-City aren't ruining his career, if it's being ruined, it's his fault. He can pull out at any time, and it's not as if we've been hopeless without him.

Good to see him back though :p

shedite
12/05/2004, 10:43 PM
I reckon we have a better team without him anyway. Not him personally but without another striker. O'Brien, Nwankwo, Georgie and Billy across the middle and Doyler and Fenn up front. Bringing another striker will just upset things. We've got 2 wins in a row now, let the midfield settle. And if we do need him at half time, use him. There's no point if we're winning at half time anyway.

liamon
13/05/2004, 8:06 AM
According to the echo, he expects to be "100% match fit" by Friday. Pretty impressive for someone who's hardly kicked a ball in six months. :rolleyes:
I'm not sure he should start, but if he's not injured then he should be on the bench.

NorthoftheLee
13/05/2004, 8:20 AM
In my opinion he shouldnt start.......he should come on with about 25 mins left ...he can make an impact then.....don't think we should upset the balance too much at the moment....when he is def match fir then start him..but ease him back gently is what i say.....

Xlex
13/05/2004, 8:24 AM
No player worth his salt likes looking at games from the stand, it's a good sign he's eager to play.

razor
13/05/2004, 8:26 AM
I wouldn't dream of starting Flynny tomorrow night.
Since he's been injured we have got some semblance of a settled team, Dolan should leave well alone.
Leave John on the bench.

tiktok
13/05/2004, 8:29 AM
Leave John on the bench.

agreed. team is balanced, no need to rush him back

pete
13/05/2004, 9:31 AM
I reckon we have a better team without him anyway. Not him personally but without another striker.

Agreed. Then again we not much attackimng options off the bench so O'Flynn would be handy for last 10mins if needed.

Éanna
13/05/2004, 2:25 PM
he should be on the bench. no need to rush him back, we're doing ok, and his pace would be a real asset coming off the bench if we weren't ahead with 20 mins to go.