PDA

View Full Version : Ins, outs, rumours?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

L.T.F.C.
08/11/2010, 12:44 AM
So now that we're in the off season, the money is going to be spent! :P

Anyway, any idea who is staying, who is going and who is coming in?
Or is a thread like this allowed in the Longford Town forum because everyone seems to be into this information dick-measuring lark?
Anyway shoot!

Cabs88
08/11/2010, 3:43 PM
you keep talking about dick-measuring and everyone else can talk about football, and we'll all be happy

Acornvilla
08/11/2010, 6:06 PM
so how long does your dick have to be to partake?

edit: on 2nd reading thats gay as hell :D

L.T.F.C.
08/11/2010, 7:35 PM
you keep talking about dick-measuring and everyone else can talk about football, and we'll all be happy
That is exactly my point. No one talks about football. All people talk about on here is how much they know, and how "I know more than the next lad" and "ooh look at me I know a player, I'm even friends with him on Facebook!"
Drivel such as this

with all due respect marty i think you should be careful what ya mention about speculating comings and goings by quoting players on this as it might not reflect well on the player(s) and or club(s) involved.
and this

I was talking to a lot of the players last night in the Spiral Tree as they were all staying in Pvs.. a lot of them wont know till hopefully next week if they are staying or not.. and I will be very worried about Michael Lee as I know for a fact that two big clubs in the big smoke are after him and I dont think he will stay if he wants to progress his career elsewhere and why begrudge him. Sammo and Shanahan think we are a much better squad than athlone from their time with them so there is a lot of positives to take from it.A lot of the lads love it here and think that if TC keeps the majority of the squad and add to it next season they will go places..

broke my sides in two! Keeping things heard in a pub a secret :O
It is a godforsaken forum, not Sky News.

so how long does your dick have to be to partake?

edit: on 2nd reading thats gay as hell :D
What are you, ten? "Oh he said dick, he must be gay"
Grow up will you...

Cabs88
08/11/2010, 7:52 PM
look i just think some of what was said could be possibly harming if taken up the wrong way by clubs that might not want their dealing done in public, I wouldnt care if was most players, but when its a local lad it takes on more significance. You would be naive to think that its only supporters that use this forum. Your giving out about people that are in the know (which i never once professed to be btw) but yet in your opening post your asking for information, which is a contradiction to your other posts.

[QUOTE=L.T.F.C.;1421891]
QUOTE]

Anyway to answer your post, I havnt heard of anyone definately going or staying as of yet, but look forward to hearing about new signings, potential or confirmed (albeit allowing for the above reason), and think its a good idea for a thread.

Macy
08/11/2010, 8:12 PM
How are people supposed to get info without talking to people "in the know". I'd rather know the source, than "I heard" bs.

L.T.F.C.
08/11/2010, 8:46 PM
look i just think some of what was said could be possibly harming if taken up the wrong way by clubs that might not want their dealing done in public, I wouldnt care if was most players, but when its a local lad it takes on more significance. You would be naive to think that its only supporters that use this forum. You're giving out about people that are in the know (which i never once professed to be btw) but yet in your opening post you're asking for information, which is a contradiction to your other posts.

Anyway to answer your post, I havnt heard of anyone definately going or staying as of yet, but look forward to hearing about new signings, potential or confirmed (albeit allowing for the above reason), and think its a good idea for a thread.
Dealing done in public? The players told the public, and to be honest, no club should be looking at forums. Do you think clubs look on here for transfer gossip, or see who is available, or who wants to leave? Do Manchester United look on football365.com for transfer goss?

How is that a contradiction? I'm giving out about forum members that talk about all this "information" that they have, and all they heard, while not divulging the information. I never said you were Cabs88.

How are people supposed to get info without talking to people "in the know". I'd rather know the source, than "I heard" bs.
I did encourage rumours.

Cabs88
08/11/2010, 9:29 PM
There's no point even responding to a comment that compares the LOI and united..

Anyway, anyone hear if any of last years squad has resigned?
Hopefully we can hold on to sammo,hyland,the 2 roaches, o'reilly (providing he improves his positioning) daisy, brady, possibly lee and id be happy with that going forward. For me it is imperative we try to keep some, if not all of the above mentioned

L.T.F.C.
08/11/2010, 11:26 PM
Look Cabs88, I'll say it again, if you think LOI clubs are, or should be looking at this forum for any information, other than supporter related information, you're mental.
Manchester United are the biggest professional club in the world. Professionalism is what the LOI has to aspire to, and if they're looking at a forum, **** them.

Acornvilla
09/11/2010, 10:54 AM
What are you, ten? "Oh he said dick, he must be gay"
Grow up will you... where did i insinuate anyone was gay other than how my own post sounded, read correctly like a good man :)

howsyourtouch
09/11/2010, 11:32 AM
think what he was saying was that most players do be reading this forum and that a lot of the club people involved would be reading this forum aswell, it is a public forum after all. might not be in the best taste to say where you were told about something happening, think marty got in **** from the club before for saying things on here.

L.T.F.C.
09/11/2010, 12:12 PM
where did i insinuate anyone was gay other than how my own post sounded, read correctly like a good man :)
My mistake.

L.T.F.C.
09/11/2010, 12:17 PM
think what he was saying was that most players do be reading this forum and that a lot of the club people involved would be reading this forum aswell, it is a public forum after all. might not be in the best taste to say where you were told about something happening, think marty got in **** from the club before for saying things on here.
They should be more interested in running the club. And if club staff want to look at it, do it in their own time, and not in a club capacity.
I know Marty got in trouble before, and there was a stuff about me too. I said it then, and I'll say it now, if the LTFC is worried about what anonymous posters are saying on a forum, we should be worried about the club..

Longfordian
09/11/2010, 12:28 PM
On that basis you should be very worried about the FAI, they've been known to ring clubs in an official capacity demanding to know who said things about and involving them on here.

Macy
09/11/2010, 12:41 PM
On that basis you should be very worried about the FAI
Who isn't worried for Irish football with the current regime?

outspoken
09/11/2010, 4:08 PM
I dont really want to get involved in this argument but its really as simple as this if a player or manager/staff tells you something and tell you not to say anything then dont if they tell you in public they obviously dont mind

Martinho II
09/11/2010, 7:46 PM
I dont really want to get involved in this argument but its really as simple as this if a player or manager/staff tells you something and tell you not to say anything then dont if they tell you in public they obviously dont mind

underany circumstances outspoken did a player tell me dont disclose this information. if they tell me the information without saying dont tell anybody I can safely assume that they dont mind it in the public domain.. that is what happened the other nite.. I thought people on this forum had a right to know.. I am no know it all. when I post stuff like this its for the town forum on foot.ie

outspoken
09/11/2010, 10:55 PM
underany circumstances outspoken did a player tell me dont disclose this information. if they tell me the information without saying dont tell anybody I can safely assume that they dont mind it in the public domain.. that is what happened the other nite.. I thought people on this forum had a right to know.. I am no know it all. when I post stuff like this its for the town forum on foot.ie

Ohh yea I know mate don't worry I'm not taking a shot at you or anybody else here it's clear you were told something that was meant for the public domain and you kindly posted here for us and that's what the foruns here for so you've done nothing wrong I'm just saying if someone does say something to any of us and they say keep it quiet for now then we should respect that and keep it to our selves

outspoken
10/11/2010, 4:43 PM
Here is an interview i did with Mick Lee the final question is the big 1 regarding his future so take a look http://theloiblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/michael-lee-interview-longford-town-fc.html

Longfordian
10/11/2010, 4:56 PM
Looks we may be able to hold on to him so all going well. Unless Galway United come in for him.

L.T.F.C.
10/11/2010, 4:59 PM
Good interview! Run it through a spell-check first though!

Martinho II
10/11/2010, 7:37 PM
Here is an interview i did with Mick Lee the final question is the big 1 regarding his future so take a look http://theloiblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/michael-lee-interview-longford-town-fc.html

outspoken the link doenst work for me. can you put up an alternative link please as I would like to read the interview!!cheers.

outspoken
11/11/2010, 3:42 PM
outspoken the link doenst work for me. can you put up an alternative link please as I would like to read the interview!!cheers.

http://leagueofirelandblog.blogspot.com/2010/11/michael-lee-interview-longford-town-fc.html

bluewhitearmy
11/11/2010, 7:34 PM
Whats Brian McCarthy like lads i remember he was with ye for a while.

Longfordian
11/11/2010, 8:06 PM
Good ability on his day but makes a fair few mistakes, got booked and sent off a lot too.

outspoken
11/11/2010, 10:11 PM
Good player but sent off alot but usually he'd only do it to stop a goal I remember him doing that in the amazing 3-3 draw with Monaghan but ye he's a good player and I can see him been a huge success at Limerick great signing .

Acornvilla
12/11/2010, 4:34 PM
hoor wouldn't sign my town jersey when I was at an athlone game, he told me he would be killed if anyone seen him :D

hes seems a very nice guy thou and good at 1st division level

Town Legend
12/11/2010, 4:53 PM
From what I've heard, Sammon, Brady, Mooney and I think Conlon have been re-signed so far. Shanahan, Hynes, Byrne have been released. Hoping to re-sign Walsh and have been tracking a young right back from Pats.

Longfordian
12/11/2010, 5:31 PM
If we get a more experienced, reliable keeper I guess Conlon would do as a back up considering our limited budget. The others would be good to have back, Salmon in particular.

Cabs88
12/11/2010, 6:16 PM
From what I've heard, Sammon, Brady, Mooney and I think Conlon have been re-signed so far. Shanahan, Hynes, Byrne have been released. Hoping to re-sign Walsh and have been tracking a young right back from Pats.

Great news on the lads that have resigned and i wont be sad to see the back of shanahan and byrne in particular. Cant see Walsh staying tbh as i think he's wasted with us, not only playing in the first division but the way we play doesnt suit him at all

L.T.F.C.
12/11/2010, 6:31 PM
I hope Glynn can be added to that re-signed list.
And Lee.
And O'Reilly.

Martinho II
12/11/2010, 6:59 PM
great news about those who have resigned.. going to Brian McCarthy he was strongly in the running for player of the season but it was his disciplinary record that put paid to that in the end!

Town Legend
12/11/2010, 11:43 PM
I hope Glynn can be added to that re-signed list.
And Lee.
And O'Reilly.

Forgot to mention Glynn was another one that I heard was released or has either left himself. Hope Lee and O'Reilly re-sign as well. The Roche brothers and Hyland as well would be good to have back. We really do need to sign a striker that can put a ball in the net though!

L.T.F.C.
13/11/2010, 2:10 AM
Forgot to mention Glynn was another one that I heard was released or has either left himself. Hope Lee and O'Reilly re-sign as well. The Roche brothers and Hyland as well would be good to have back. We really do need to sign a striker that can put a ball in the net though!

Ah FFS! He was the striker we needed. I hope the Roche brothers don't re-sign.

L.T.F.C.
13/11/2010, 12:34 PM

Have you been attacked yet for releasing such information? :P

Martinho II
13/11/2010, 6:57 PM

i heard today that hylo has resigned.. thats a pity about daisy as in his first season he was class for us.. my best memory of daisy would be he scoring the hatrick for us against shels in the 5-4 win in the 2009 season!!

Cabs88
13/11/2010, 7:06 PM

not only are you hilarious ltfc, but your knowledge of football is limited if you think we dont need the roche brothers

L.T.F.C.
13/11/2010, 7:43 PM
not only are you hilarious ltfc, but your knowledge of football is limited if you think we dont need the roche brothers
Thank you Cabs88, you're praise is all I crave. I know we don't need them. The two of them are average at best. On a serious note, regarding the comment on my knowledge of football, I couldn't care less what anyone on here thinks. I know from my thankfully short spell in Section O and the rest of my time as a supporter in the main stand, there is a large number of ****e-talkers and slurry-spreaders, so I'll take that comment with a pinch of salt.

De Town
14/11/2010, 2:02 AM
You are some bellend LTFC.

I don't ever remember seeing you in Section O before though. :confused:

L.T.F.C.
14/11/2010, 4:57 AM
You are some bellend LTFC.

I don't ever remember seeing you in Section O before though. :confused:
Thanks man! It was way back when I had no sense. Thankfully I copped on!
In relation to the bellend comment, I'll point you in the direction of my most recent post above!

Acornvilla
14/11/2010, 2:38 PM
can't we all just get along

De Town
16/11/2010, 4:42 PM
The PFAI has released it's list of players who have told them that they're seeking a club. Here's who's on the list from LTFC.

Aaron Shanahan Longford Town Goalkeeper 26
Lee Roche Longford Town Midfielder 24
Kevin Cronin Longford Town Defender 25
Philip Byrne Longford Town Defender 28
John Lester Longford Town Midfielder 28
Craig Mooney Longford Town Midfielder 21
David Freeman Longford Town Forward 30
Peter Hynes Longford Town Forward 26
Thomas Hyland Longford Town Midfielder 23
Chris Deans Longford Town Defender 25
Stephen Conlon Longford Town Goalkeeper 21
Craig Walsh Longford/Shams Midfielder 18

Bolded names are the ones I would like to see stay. The rest are worthless.

L.T.F.C.
16/11/2010, 8:11 PM
No Glynn on that and Roche gone? Tasty...

Pity about Mooney and Hyland.

Martinho II
16/11/2010, 8:13 PM
some surprising names on the list..

De Town
16/11/2010, 8:30 PM
I'd still expect to see some of them back next season. It happened last year as well with other clubs that players names appeared on the list but they ended up back at the same club.

Martinho II
16/11/2010, 8:40 PM
I'd still expect to see some of them back next season. It happened last year as well with other clubs that players names appeared on the list but they ended up back at the same club.

yeah its coming back to me now.. Aaron Shanahan was on it too de town this time last year??

De Town
16/11/2010, 8:44 PM
I think so yeah. Pity he didn't stay on it!

L.T.F.C.
17/11/2010, 1:19 AM
Would Kirby come back to us?

Longfordian
17/11/2010, 12:08 PM
He's said in the past he'd probably come back at some stage and he is living in Longford so you wouldn't know. He'll have better offers though presumably.

Martinho II
17/11/2010, 5:38 PM
Would Kirby come back to us?

I happened to bump into him in the brandywell dromod the last bank holiday weekend. I would love to see it happen but I cant see it.