PDA

View Full Version : God Bless the League Cup

LFC in Exile
12/05/2004, 10:10 AM
Great result last night. Definitely we would have taken a draw before the game - on balance was it a fair result?

It means a score draw or better against Kilkenny and we are in the knock out stages.

gael353
12/05/2004, 12:21 PM
Waterford, even if this was their reserve 6, man there a dirty team. The ref (gough) :rolleyes: had a mare, but was booking a deise every two mins in the second half. Dave Conway has come on so much in the last three games, he was totaly out of it but now gives a good 70 mins or more. John White had another god game, but John Healy ****ed up for the first one when a 5,8 player outjumped him for a cross. Mernagh starting now ahead of Barry, could the door be opening for Alan come ins and outs at the end of the month? fringe players not doing themselves any good at the moment are Keogh and Quigley, but we're so short there will be no one going anywhere.

deise deserter
12/05/2004, 3:55 PM
I felt that Quigley was very dodgy defending. Was leaving their number 3 get too much space. O'Mahony seemed very much under pressure and was trying to do too much. Mid-field wasn't into the game at all in parts, but I have to say that Conway has improved greatly since the start of the season. Mernagh is doing very well up front as his defensive capabilities were shockingly poor a couple of weeks ago, this new position suits him. O'Brien actually made an effort to pass, it seems someone has finally had a word (or screamed repeatedly) into his ear. He is still hopelessly unfit, and was wheezing badly well before half-time. Alan Barry was anonomius unfortunately when he came on late.

I won't even comment on Geogh. He was an absolute disgrace. It is referees like this that are a danger to players. He simply isn't good enough to referee senior football.

Éanna
13/05/2004, 3:13 PM
I won't even comment on Geogh. He was an absolute disgrace. It is referees like this that are a danger to players. He simply isn't good enough to referee senior football.
he's the same fella who reffed ramblers against dundalk. he's totally intimidated by the players and has no control over the game at all

deise deserter
13/05/2004, 3:17 PM
Sounds 'bout right.....

fc hammer
13/05/2004, 9:00 PM
Geogh is not LOI standard !!

sadloserkid
15/05/2004, 11:17 AM
O'Brien actually made an effort to pass, it seems someone has finally had a word (or screamed repeatedly) into his ear

I think you'll find that was me. :)