PDA

View Full Version : Damian Richardson and Pat Dolan

eoinh
11/05/2004, 11:37 AM
Did Damian Richardson have a bit of a pop on Tv last night at Pat Dolan or was that just my imagination?

pete
11/05/2004, 11:47 AM
Dolan sets himself up with his big mouth. I think Rico usually fairly restrained but some subtle digs as needed.

eoinh
11/05/2004, 11:54 AM
Dolan is coorect imo.

The spin coming from those two on EL weekly is spoiling a good show. The two of them, Roddy mainly, are canvasing for other jobs.

Wasn't Roddy saying that there is rumblings coming from Derry when there isn't? He's been focusing on Derry since he came on the show. They heap un-warrented pressure on other managers in the hope they get the sack and they can walk into their job. :mad:

I think that is true about roddy but not damian.

tiktok
11/05/2004, 12:09 PM
I think that is true about roddy but not damian.

yeah, i'd agree, Damian said that there were certain people who were insincere and full of spin, obviously referring to Paat, but in fairness, Dolan's own comments left him open for the pot kettle black comeback.

I'd be more concerned that there was only one goal shown on EL weekly last night since they couldn't get TV cameras into Richmond for whatever reason.

eoinh
11/05/2004, 12:24 PM
I'd be more concerned that there was only one goal shown on EL weekly last night since they couldn't get TV cameras into Richmond for whatever reason.

The reason mentioned was TV gantries. I wonder are they RTE's TV gantries and they wont let TV3 use them? Just a Theory !

Éanna
11/05/2004, 12:28 PM
Dolan is coorect imo.

The spin coming from those two on EL weekly is spoiling a good show. The two of them, Roddy mainly, are canvasing for other jobs.

Wasn't Roddy saying that there is rumblings coming from Derry when there isn't? He's been focusing on Derry since he came on the show. They heap un-warrented pressure on other managers in the hope they get the sack and they can walk into their job. :mad:
i agree with you on roddy. I think Disco Damo has been doing a good job, but Roddy is a joke. I imagine Dolan's comments were aimed at Roddy and he was spot on if thats the case

Éanna
11/05/2004, 12:28 PM
The reason mentioned was TV gantries. I wonder are they RTE's TV gantries and they wont let TV3 use them? Just a Theory !
apparently its something to do with safety certificates- tv3 cameramen saying the gantry at inchicore is not safe or something

Dodge
11/05/2004, 12:29 PM
I loved the Roddy and Rico show last night. Welch asking Roddy if wanted Pats job...
"Well I'd be interested in any progressive club... I don't need the few bob..." (Turning to Rico) "its all about winning titles isn't it?" Rico looks down at the table :D

Later on Welch produces a snippet from Dolan's article in the Star sating that former managers are making l;ife hard for current managers.
Rico and Roddy tear into it saying "a certain manager" is no stranger to spin and deceit. And that if he stops "lying to his own players and his own fans" he'd be a better manager. Roddy said that anybody who uses "deflections" (sic) to cover his teams bad performances is "insecure"

Expect keely to weigh in any time now...

SÓC
11/05/2004, 12:39 PM
The best part of the whole thing was after Rico had the go at Dolan and Roddy agreeded with him he starts talking about Derry (again!).

Whats up there that Roddy wants so much? Does he have some left over sterling coins he wants to get rid of or what:confused:

In saying that twas great enteraintment. IF they had the footage it would be an excellent show.

Dodge
11/05/2004, 12:43 PM
Also forgot to mention that Roddy forgot Rico's name...

Either Roddy ios a comedy genius and loves sticking it to Rico or he's a fool...

Éanna
11/05/2004, 12:43 PM
ILater on Welch produces a snippet from Dolan's article in the Star sating that former managers are making l;ife hard for current managers.
Rico and Roddy tear into it saying "a certain manager" is no stranger to spin and deceit. And that if he stops "lying to his own players and his own fans" he'd be a better manager. Roddy said that anybody who uses "deflections" (sic) to cover his teams bad performances is "insecure"
maybe the two of them could take over at pats- the chip on their repective shoulders about Dolan would go down for nicely in Inchicore methinks

NorthoftheLee
11/05/2004, 12:47 PM
i wasnt aware until last night that the reason enda left st pats was due to the fact that they had talks with roddy behind his back....christ what stone was i under....???

that roddy is whoring himself up for any job that'll have him....

Macy
11/05/2004, 12:51 PM
maybe the two of them could take over at pats- the chip on their repective shoulders about Dolan would go down for nicely in Inchicore methinks
Didn't Dolan start it in his Star column though?

SÓC
11/05/2004, 12:56 PM
The part where Roddy said something along the lines of 'anyone who knows me will tell you Im not that kind of person' actually made me feel sorry for poor old Enzo Cordoba.

He was shafted by Pats by the looks of it.

Éanna
11/05/2004, 12:57 PM
Dolan made a comment about former managers putting pressure on current managers and I think he's right. Roddy has been undermining Gavin Dykes every time he's been on that programme. I don't think what Dolan said was unreasonable, and if anyone else had said it, it would never have got that attention. Dolan has talked a fair bit of rubbish in that column down the years, but he's spot on in this case. Rico might have the right to fell aggrieved, but roddy is a total and utter whore- in the media and managerial respect anyway. If Dolan's column is about the league, then he has every right to say these things- and i think a lot of managers might well have agreed with him. Look at the abuse flying back and forth between Houllier at liverpool and the former Liverpool players- its not like this is a first

max power
11/05/2004, 12:59 PM
rico has been on there for a long time and never had a pop at anyone, dolan is a big mouth fool who when it was put up against him he didn't like it.....rico is in the right, only defending what dolan wrote in the star as rico said, if dolan wins nothing this year he could be on el weekly next season too....

rody is a walking cv for himself every time he opens his mouth

Éanna
11/05/2004, 1:00 PM
rico has been on there for a long time and never had a pop at anyone, dolan is a big mouth fool who when it was put up against him he didn't like it.....rico is in the right, only defending what dolan wrote in the star as rico said, if dolan wins nothing this year he could be on el weekly next season too....

rody is a walking cv for himself every time he opens his mouth
yeah, but ask yourself why Dolan only said what he said now, and not before. I think its obvious that Dolan was having a go off Roddy, not off Rico and Rico should have realised that. The fact that Rico so obviously relished the thought of having a go at Dolan suggests to me that he's still bitter at not getting the City job

tiktok
11/05/2004, 1:01 PM
Didn't Dolan start it in his Star column though?

To be fair, the column was in response to Roddy having talks with Pat's while Eamonn Collins was still manager, not on at all.

Dodge
11/05/2004, 1:02 PM
its hardly a chip on their shoulders when they're replying to a question about Dolan's opnions of them is it?

:rolleyes:

Éanna
11/05/2004, 1:04 PM
its hardly a chip on their shoulders when they're replying to a question about Dolan's opnions of them is it?

:rolleyes:
sorry, did i forget to put in a ;)

:D :D

Dodge
11/05/2004, 1:15 PM
I like them, even though Roddy's not likeable at all. I like them in the same way I liked the two miserable guys in the balcony in the Muppet Show. They are the new Stadtler and Waldorf...
wws has been saying that for weeks...

eoinh
11/05/2004, 1:17 PM
Hold it i'm lost :confused: . Someone explain it please.

Was Damian having a go at Pat or at Roddy?

Dodge
11/05/2004, 1:27 PM
Rico and Roddy both having a go at Dolan (in response to his newspaper article having a go at them)

SÓC
11/05/2004, 1:35 PM
Rico and Roddy both having a go at Dolan (in response to his newspaper article having a go at them)Have you even read the entire article?

It was quite clearly having a go a Roddy

Peadar
11/05/2004, 1:41 PM
I loved the Roddy and Rico show last night.

Yeah, classic stuff.
The eircom League needs a bit of spice and last night was pure entertainment.
No manager who isn't winning or at least challenging should be allowed to be comfortable in their position and the threat from out of work managers is to be expected. Might wake up a few managers. I doubt anyone outside of eircom League circles and many within it could recognise E Collins. He proved to be a crap manager and Pats are better off without him. The league doesn't need that. I'd love to see Roddy Collins in that job.

Dodge
11/05/2004, 1:55 PM
Have you even read the entire article?

It was quite clearly having a go a Roddy
Yes I've read that article and of course it was aimed at Roddy but Rico can be lumped in there too.. Jeesh...

Schumi
11/05/2004, 2:07 PM
Was Damian having a go at Pat or at Roddy?
Pat, but most of it fitted Roddy just as well! I thought the two of them were great entertainment; if they could put some football into the show, it'd be perfect!

Do I remember rightly that the problem with Riachmond's gantry is that there's a ladder up to it or something?

Colm
11/05/2004, 3:38 PM
Dolan's article was basically him having a go at Roddy while at the same time sticking up for Eugene. Rico should have and probably did realise this but was delighted to get the chance to have a go at Dolan.
Dolan was spot on with his comments, did anyone count the number of times Roddy mentioned "the rumblings at Derry"? :rolleyes:
Entertaining show all the same though but a serious lack of match footage.

wws
11/05/2004, 3:41 PM
Yeah, classic stuff.
The eircom League needs a bit of spice and last night was pure entertainment.
No manager who isn't winning or at least challenging should be allowed to be comfortable in their position and the threat from out of work managers is to be expected. Might wake up a few managers. I doubt anyone outside of eircom League circles and many within it could recognise E Collins. He proved to be a crap manager and Pats are better off without him. The league doesn't need that. I'd love to see Roddy Collins in that job.

ouch, facts are he achieved more than dolan since bothe were appointed and given your nissan deal and our financial crisis that has to be worrying to honest and intelligent cork city fans!

max power
11/05/2004, 3:42 PM
i think the sh1t results and sh1t talkin dolan had talkin in recent weeks are puttin pressure on himself....kitchen, too hot, get out...comes to mind....as bad as rody is, he has won a double as a manager and is qualified to talk on irish soccer if you like it or not....

vito_golightly
11/05/2004, 4:02 PM
I didn't understand why Trevor Welsh quoated the piece from Dolan at the end to free space.

so as to stir it up - you can't leave issues like these aside for the sake of peace. if rico and roddy want a war of words, they can bring it but there is no point in them taking part if they are going to insist on shooting themselves in the foot.

Roddy basically suggested insecurity on Dolan's part but isn't that slightly missing the point? not even anti-dolan city fans or the bitterest of pats fans could possibly suggest that Dolan was worried when Shoddy suggested he had his eye on a couple of potential vacancies.

that pikey seriously believes Dolan, thru voicing an opinion, was deflecting off a personal threat - now i know our gaffer is accused of residing on another planet at times but surely collins is as guilty, if not more, of being away with all sorts of fairies.

and then mr sanctimonious comes out with this "distasteful" rubbish!! people thought Noddy and Noel King were kissing each others dicks - that was nothing compared to this.

vito_golightly
11/05/2004, 4:06 PM
kissing each others dicks

how did i get away with that?

ccfc till i die
11/05/2004, 4:09 PM
ouch, facts are he achieved more than dolan since bothe were appointed and given your nissan deal and our financial crisis that has to be worrying to honest and intelligent cork city fans!

Well apart from glorious league cup "triumph" :D all he's succeeded in doing is getting sacked.

Did anyone think that Dolan having a go at Roddy could have been anything to do with that whole thing Roddy said in the echo about "Move Dolan upstairs and give Dave Hill the city job".

Our Dublin neighbours may not have seen this.

max power
11/05/2004, 4:10 PM
well almost every week dolan uses the show to talk through him backside for a few minutes, he's under pressure because of the results not because of anything rico or rody say....

Dodge
11/05/2004, 4:19 PM
Well apart from glorious league cup "triumph" :D all he's succeeded in doing is getting sacked.

Did anyone think that Dolan having a go at Roddy could have been anything to do with that whole thing Roddy said in the echo about "Move Dolan upstairs and give Dave Hill the city job".

Our Dublin neighbours may not have seen this.
That was ages ago and those of us on these forums knew about it.

All 3 of them are famous for talking through their arses and all three of them love the attention they lavish on each other.

Let them get on with it and let us enjoy the show...

Peadar
11/05/2004, 4:42 PM

I don't think it's unfair to say that E Collins was a virtual unknown in Ireland.

Also, going back to what you said with regard to the lack or success on the part of Dolan, you'll see by reading my post that I included all managers who weren't successfull of challenging for honours. That includes PD.

patsh
11/05/2004, 6:18 PM
well almost every week dolan uses the show to talk through him backside for a few minutes, he's under pressure because of the results not because of anything rico or rody say....
Wouldn't say Dolan is under pressure.
He is definitely here for a least another season, unless he leaves himself.
Just because a few tools at "De Echo" who show up at 1 or 2 games a season stir things, doesn't mean his job is under any kind of threat.
Dolan talks a lot of sh*te, but why do TV3 have him on?
Because he can talk, whether its sh*te or not. Would you prefer to be put to sleep by Scully?
No matter how much sh*te Dolan talks, its nowhere as bad as the drivel that spews out of Roddy. No matter what he did in the past, his attitude to the eL NOW is disgraceful.
As for Damo, theres a slight touch of jealousy that Lennox didn't ring him about the job, but he is always worth listening to.
All we need is Kingers dress sense, and TV3 would have a prime time winner... ;)

eoinh
11/05/2004, 10:22 PM
No matter what he did in the past, his attitude to the eL NOW is disgraceful.

yeah, would agree.