PDA

View Full Version : Why are our officials so fussy???

shep
31/10/2010, 1:55 PM
Just flicked onto Newcastle v Sunderland and noticed both able to wear home kit(each with white stripes and black shorts)

Why in our league do we have a situation where Dundalk have to wear away kit against St.Pats.Its just really irritating and i was wondering was there a reason for it???

Model Club
31/10/2010, 2:24 PM
Just flicked onto Newcastle v Sunderland and noticed both able to wear home kit(each with white stripes and black shorts)

Why in our league do we have a situation where Dundalk have to wear away kit against St.Pats.Its just really irritating and i was wondering was there a reason for it???

I was told a few years ago from a club source,at the time that games were being cancelled over collars and cuffs clashing that it was an unofficial work-to-rule from the officials after their fees for officiating games was put through the books rather than a straight-up nixer as it had been before a tightening up of the leagues "rules".

Iirc a certain Mr Buttimer was the main protagonist in this farce.

redobit
31/10/2010, 5:13 PM
I was told a few years ago from a club source,at the time that games were being cancelled over collars and cuffs clashing that it was an unofficial work-to-rule from the officials after their fees for officiating games was put through the books rather than a straight-up nixer as it had been before a tightening up of the leagues "rules".

Iirc a certain Mr Buttimer was the main protagonist in this farce.

That might actually explain why we had to play in St. Pats away kit a few years back, for the first game of the new season.