PDA

View Full Version : Rovers Vs. Harps legends

sligoman
30/10/2010, 7:32 PM
Sligo Rovers Legends are to play Finn Harps Legends in a benefit game for Damien Dunleavy who was seriously injured in a car crash recently this coming Saturday night in the Showgrounds. Dunleavy played for his home-town club as well as Harps and Scottish side Raith Rovers.

Some of the greatest names to have ever played for the Bit O’Red will once again grace the Showgrounds surface with the likes of Gavin Dykes, Johnny Kenny, Paul ‘Ski’ McGee and Padraig Moran all in action once again for Rovers.

They will be up against some of the best players to have ever played for the Donegal side who will be calling upon the likes of James Gallagher, Liam Coyle, Paul Hegarty, Declan Boyle and Trevor Scanlon.

Both sides will also have members of Hargadon’s (Calry) playing for them as Dunleavy last played with them in the Sligo Rovers 11-A-Side Astro League. Tickets cost €5 and are available on the night or from Hargadon’s or Fiddler’s Creek.

Kick-off is at 7pm and the after match reception is in Fiddler’s Creek.

Martinho II
31/10/2010, 6:06 PM
I was going to go to the salthill match that same night but I will go to this game as Damien Dunleavy spent two seasons with us in the mid nineties ( 96/97 and 97/98 ) under Mickey O'Connor. He was top scorer for us in his first season with nine goals... thats very sad about him and I hope he recovers from his injuries in the accident..

srfc1928
31/10/2010, 11:02 PM
Awful to hear about Mutt. Hopefully lots of people buy tickets.
Really good guy and a great footballer, hope he gets wells soon.