PDA

View Full Version : colour at the cross

RedReb
01/11/2001, 11:22 PM
i personally think there is a serious lack of colour out in the X when it comes to flags and stuff. the back wall of the shed could hold a massive 1 for instance. the corner boys are after getting a nice 1{should be on show 4 the rats game}. material is avaliable in hickeys 4 half nothing. if anyone from 4-5-1 reads this they might get something started maybe an add in the ZINE 4 cash or dread the thought a collection in the shed. JUST A THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![COLOR=green]:p :confused: :cool:

Snatch
02/11/2001, 9:01 AM
Great idea about a flag along the back wall of the Shed, or better still a few flags. Remember when Galatasary played in the Swamp, they only had about 50 supporters but they all had flags and stuff and created a great atmosphere.

BTW What do you mean about the colour=green?

Peadar
02/11/2001, 5:25 PM
Originally posted by Snatch

BTW What do you mean about the colour=green?
He was trying to colour his text green!

Maybe the sheddies could take example from these Ghanaian supporters. (http://www.footballculture.net/photos/fans_paintwork2.html)

Some Suggestions

The whole flags thing is a very simple way to start to create more colour. Look at our European counterparts. They create such colour. Benfica always impressed me with scenes like this (http://www.diabos1982.com/fotos/00-01/19.jpg) and this. (http://www.diabos1982.com/fotos/00-01/18.jpg) What we really need is those big wavy flags like the Italians have. Like the Roma Fans (http://www.campodefioriromafans.it/Pubblica/A.S.R.78.JPG) in this example. The flag pole is bendy to a certain extent and has to be swung with two hands. There's plenty room on the St Annes end for flag waving.

It's something to think about anyway. Maybe the supporters club could get the ball rolling.

Gunthers Mask
02/11/2001, 6:29 PM
I agree with the flags situation there is plenty of room in St.Annes for flags but the club seems content in allowing opposition fans use that section of OUR ground for their flags.
Good idea about the supporters club but maybe the club could also sell their flags for less maybe for £3 I'd buy one and bring it to the Shed as would my friends.
Was I alone in spotting an Irish flag in the second Benfica picture??

Peadar
02/11/2001, 7:19 PM
Originally posted by Gunthers Mask
Was I alone in spotting an Irish flag in the second Benfica picture??

I put that in there on purpose.
I looked at the picture and thought, why is there a tri-colour in the middle of the Benfica?
Big wavy flags are mad.
The flags that are on sale in the club shop are like GAA flags with ponsy sticks. We need huge big bendy sticks that nearly topple you over when you wave them.

IMO Flags look better under floodlights!

RedReb
02/11/2001, 7:25 PM
cheers for clearing up the green thing BARRYS TEA. i dont really have a clue how to use the fcuking computer.

shedite
02/11/2001, 10:23 PM
About this time last year a similar idea was founded at "red-boys" (remember that place?) where we were all chipping in to pay for a giant banner to hang from the back of the shed. I think "Face in the crowd" was organizing it. I think some people even handed over money. What happened to that idea?

Peadar
03/11/2001, 1:14 AM
I was looking around the server room and I found a piece of plactic "Super High Impact" ducting pipe, with a diameter of 20mm and a thickness of 1.8mm This could be ideal as a pole for the proposed "bendy flags". It's surely available in electrical/DIY stores?

Gunthers Mask
03/11/2001, 7:16 PM
I think the club should get the ball rolling by giving the supporters club money for a flag anyone agree

A face
03/11/2001, 8:07 PM
There was sixty quid collected for a banner and it is still there, if anyone wants it. Lads i was all up for it at the time but nothing came off it, i have less time now so i wont be much help in getting a flag sorted out, but the money is there, if anyone wants to put together with their own money.

A face
Bernie
James
Rebel
Ali-G
Shedite

All chipped in, a flag the size of the shed would not the that hard together. If anyone is interested just PM. By the way, The money is buring a hole in my pocket. Who is on the up take ???

A face
03/11/2001, 8:09 PM
A flag the size of the shed should not be that hard to get together.

Peadar
03/11/2001, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by A face
A flag the size of the shed should not be that hard to get together.

Neil who posts over on JW's MB has a couple of great Bohs Banners. He got them done in Dublin on Camden St I think. AFAIK they even provided the material. It did cost a few hundred quid but they're well worth it. Look at the flag in the middle here (http://www.geocities.com/bohemianfc/hbk13.jpg) for an example. Neil would have no problem giving advice on flags and banners.

It would be well worth the money.

Don't forget to put some green in the flags :)

James
04/11/2001, 4:28 AM
wow t-boy thats a great page
anyone else getting a page canna be displayed message

Peadar
04/11/2001, 5:19 AM
Originally posted by James
wow t-boy thats a great page
anyone else getting a page canna be displayed message

Are you refering to the page with the Bohs flags?
It is here http://www.geocities.com/bohemianfc/hbk13.jpg

James
04/11/2001, 7:42 AM
yea thats the one Peadar
methinks in my drunken state though that hyperlinks arent working off foot.ie for some reason

Éanna
04/11/2001, 11:25 AM
Yeah, if there's a flag being done, I'll put some money up and I'll check with the Supporters Club to see how things are there- wouldn't hold my breath for a donation from th club though.

Gary
04/11/2001, 12:56 PM
It is a good idea to have a big mad flag or whatever. But i do feel that if this were to be done, then smoking would have to be banned altogether from the Shed in ordeer to prevent a fire and injuries.

Thing is, that would mean the stewards would have to take their fingers out of their arses and do something, wouldn't it???

Éanna
04/11/2001, 1:41 PM
Originally posted by GWA
the stewards would have to take their fingers out of their arses and do something, wouldn't it???
good one! :D :D :D Like that's really gonna happen!!!!!
Seriously though, the Shed is pretty poor on the banner/flag front we should do something about it.

dahamsta
04/11/2001, 2:06 PM
yea thats the one Peadar methinks in my drunken state though that hyperlinks arent working off foot.ie for some reason

Geocities don't allow direct linking to media on their servers, the link has to come either directly from Geocities, or it has to be blank. Open a new browser window and copy and paste the URL.

adam

Gunthers Mask
04/11/2001, 5:21 PM
Why not just come to the next Supporters club meeting and propose it to Finnbar and Stephen about the flag.I'll mention it if you like

Éanna
04/11/2001, 6:29 PM
I'll be in Limerick, but I'll mention it to one of them.

Snatch
05/11/2001, 9:14 AM
I have a CCFC flag that I made myself (well with the help of my Mother). I reserve it for big games so it'll back in the Shed for the St. Pats game on Sunday. Its red white and red with the original crest in the middle.
Is any body else bringing flags or just talking about it?

There's nothing wrong with the red, white and green flags in the club shop, only they're a little small. Thay'd still look great in the Shed.

Snatch
05/11/2001, 11:12 AM
Remember the cup final a couple of years ago. I've never seen such colour at a match before. We really did the League proud. On the same day $hels only had 2 flags.
Could we ever get as much colour for home league matches?

pete
06/11/2001, 10:18 AM
I might know someone who thru Swedish contacts knows where to get those bendy poles, they apparently fold up too so no trouble from the guards.

You're swedish contacts might know too Scotty?

Course need a flag first though......

Gunthers Mask
06/11/2001, 9:13 PM
Coal Quay Market on a Saturday sells cheap flags at some stall or another.I know they do USA ones and tricolours Nazi ones and Jewish ones you might get lucky and find some sort of Cork one or else if anyone goes to Cork GAA matches why not just bring them flags??Once it has red in it your grand.

Personally I think the Nazi one would be funny as you could roar out Heil Gunther!!!

pete
07/11/2001, 9:32 AM
Personally I think the Nazi one would be funny as you could roar out Heil Gunther!!!

Yeah i'm sure that would be very popular too :rolleyes:

Zedi
08/11/2001, 8:19 PM
You show a Nazi flag in de cross you'll either get your head took off or alienate a lot of "sunshine supporters" whose money is badly needed! I saw a fella with a red, white & green "union jak" last week, where did he get that,it's a cracker.

cityoperator
08/11/2001, 10:07 PM
Why doesnt everybody bring flags to the game on Sunday.Anything would do once there is red and white in it.It could make a big difference to the atmosphere especially since it will probobly be the biggest crowd of the season.

joe
08/11/2001, 10:34 PM
some people don;t bring flags 'cos they get nicked

Gerry Desmond
09/11/2001, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Zedi
I saw a fella with a red, white & green "union jak" last week, where did he get that,it's a cracker.

That's a Basque flag, I'd say. And a good opportunity for me to refloat the argument again for the ORIGINAL club colours of green, white and red.... :)

Gerry

ccfcfan
09/11/2001, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Gunthers Mask

youve some strange sense of humour :mad: :(

Éanna
09/11/2001, 5:53 PM
Originally posted by Zedi
I saw a fella with a red, white & green "union jak" last week, where did he get that,it's a cracker.

It's a basque flag. I'd love to get my hands on one. Some people might think its politically a bit dodgy, but so what! :D

Peadar
09/11/2001, 6:56 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
It's a basque flag. I'd love to get my hands on one. :D

You might find tips on the Blue Peter Website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/bluepeter/) about how to make one Eanna :D

For anyone who doesn't know the flag in question Look Here (http://www.theodora.com/flags/new/basque.gif)

Gunthers Mask
09/11/2001, 7:37 PM
Well to be fair if I saw anybody with a nazi flag I'd tell them to get their heads checked.I was trying to say that you can get all types of flags at the stall personally I 'd want to get a basque flag or else why not Italian flags.Gerry they are red green and white!!!

Éanna
09/11/2001, 8:40 PM
Originally posted by Barry's Tea

You might find tips on the Blue Peter Website (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/bluepeter/) about how to make one Eanna :D
Look Here [/URL]
Blue Peter? Whats that? Some foreign show is it :D

Gunthers Mask
09/11/2001, 8:48 PM
A british kids TV show.Not that I'd know

Snatch
12/11/2001, 5:02 PM
Good to see an improvement in the colour at the Cross yeserday.
Interesting red,green and white flag behind the Corner Boys. Basque flag is great too.
Banner is badly needed for back of the Shed though. By the way, I couldn't believe there was so much free space in the Shed for such a good attendance.

What do people think?

RedReb
12/11/2001, 5:26 PM
The corner boys flag isnt finished yet. The dressmaker has yet to put CCFC on it with a letter in each corner. We just thought we would bring it out anyway to brighten things up. For anyone interested it only cost £50 squid.