PDA

View Full Version : Playoff V Galway 2nd Nov

Pages : [1] 2

tippex
29/10/2010, 3:27 PM
I know the last home game (hopefully) hasnt been played yet but I'm really looking forward to this game.

Is there many gonna make the trip westwards?

Roo69
29/10/2010, 3:29 PM
I'll be there, know a few others are too. AFAIK the bus is pretty much full and there are always a few who make there own way to these games

Stevo Da Gull
29/10/2010, 9:17 PM
I haven't booked a place but I'm still hoping to make the game. I've been in a bad way for the last couple of weeks so I held off booking a place.

Terry
29/10/2010, 9:25 PM
The starting team that was out tonight against rovers, would many of them be starting on tuesday? GUFC had at most 3 players playing tonight against drogheda that will start the play off match.

Stevo Da Gull
29/10/2010, 9:36 PM
The starting team that was out tonight against rovers, would many of them be starting on tuesday? GUFC had at most 3 players playing tonight against drogheda that will start the play off match.

If they recover from injury, Prendergast and Mulroy will probably start. Captain Danny O'Connor will return from suspension and you'd think he'll start. Two of our starters (Kelly and Dempsey) were taken off early tonight also. Other than those first 3 the team should be similar, though Shields and Mitchell looked as though they picked up knocks tonight.

Bray Head
30/10/2010, 1:44 PM
Prendergast and Mulroy are out for the season. The only change will be Danny O'Connor coming in after suspension.

naoise kennedy
30/10/2010, 1:51 PM
Prendergast and Mulroy are out for the season. The only change will be Danny O'Connor coming in after suspension.

kelly and dempsey played very well together last night,, surprised if either were dropped to allow danny o connor in..

Stevo Da Gull
30/10/2010, 2:37 PM
If Mitchell's knock keeps him out of Tuesday's game then Danny could play in defense.

Bray-Z
30/10/2010, 3:52 PM
kelly and dempsey played very well together last night,, surprised if either were dropped to allow danny o connor in..

Danny will definitely play. Maybe (Graham) Kelly will play on the right? Is Zambra injured?

Roo69
01/11/2010, 12:40 PM
No new injury worries for tomorrow night which is great news. Danny O'Connor is back in the squad while long term injury victims Pendergast, Houston and Mulroy are still injured. Full story on BrayWanderers.ie (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1158)

Grasshopper 99
01/11/2010, 1:50 PM
Due to high depend there are now 2 buses going tomorrow and the second is filling up fast, so if you want to go please call the supporters club at 0879968969 asap, prices are as follows €15 (Adults), €8 (Schoolboy/girl), €5 (Child under 15).

Roo69
01/11/2010, 3:28 PM
Due to high depend there are now 2 buses going tomorrow and the second is filling up fast, so if you want to go please call the supporters club at 0879968969 asap, prices are as follows €15 (Adults), €8 (Schoolboy/girl), €5 (Child under 15).

That's great news ! It should help the lads on the pitch seeing great support on the terraces.

Mr Maroon
01/11/2010, 3:45 PM
How many would you say will travel?

Roo69
01/11/2010, 4:14 PM
Well there will be 50 odd in each bus then maybe another 30ish will make there own way. We normally bring about 20/30 to Galway i reckon so a lot more for this game than usual.

lowflyingseagul
01/11/2010, 5:33 PM
is it being streamed or shown live for those of us who work for a living :)

superjohnny
02/11/2010, 2:57 PM
Could well have over 200 at this.

Stevo Da Gull
02/11/2010, 3:32 PM
I wasn't able to travel but I'm glad to see that the weather is better in Galway than it is here!
Best wishes to every Wanderer in Galway this evening

naoise kennedy
02/11/2010, 5:09 PM
is it being streamed or shown live for those of us who work for a living :)

does anybody know if galway fm are doing a live radio feed..

naoise kennedy
02/11/2010, 6:48 PM
live on galway fm............

Trainee
03/11/2010, 1:52 AM
I Hope no matter what div ye are in next year the clown that tried to attack the at the end of the game is banned for life.

he let the rest of your fans down

lowflyingseagul
03/11/2010, 7:36 AM
attack the what?

The Fox
03/11/2010, 7:49 AM
The tension at the end of the match was a bit embaressing yesterday - Galway beat us well on the night. The ref wasnt particularily good but we didnt make a chance of note and Galway made 4 good ones. Attempted Pitch Invasions, Chasing after refs, screaming foul language at assistants and fireworks will only get the club fined, it wont change the result. We dont need a victim mentality when a team beats us well on the pitch. Some of the players were lucky not to be sent off after the final whistle, chasing after and arguing with the ref. We dont need players suspended for the Monaghan match because they cant control themselves at the end of a match.

BrayUnknowns
03/11/2010, 10:33 AM
I Hope no matter what div ye are in next year the clown that tried to attack the at the end of the game is banned for life.

he let the rest of your fans down

I hope you right too, "Totsy" is a clown and it's not the first time he has acted the idiot. I really hope the club take action against him and ban him from games in the Carlisle. We don't need little scumbags like that bringing the name of our club down.

On another note, i thought the treatment of Bray fans at the end of the game was shocking, rounded the lot of us up and would not let us leave the ground, no reason given, just kept saying 3 minutes, 3 minutes. They wouldn't even let our players or club officials out !

On the match itself, the slightly better team won on the night, it was a terrible match won by a terrible goal. We just never showed up, we looked exhausted and offered nothing going forward really. As we pushed on in the 2nd half, Galway caught us on the break a few times and should have killed the game off.

The ref was TERRIBLE, never let the game flow and made SO many bad decisions all night long, especially the 2 sending offs, absolutely shocking.

Well done Galway, enjoy your off season and best of luck next year, hopefully we will be in the same division and able to make the trip west again but the way we played last night i'm fearing the worst

GUFCghost
03/11/2010, 12:49 PM
pwnd.

Seagull
03/11/2010, 12:58 PM
I hope you right too, "Totsy" is a clown and it's not the first time he has acted the idiot. I really hope the club take action against him and ban him from games in the Carlisle. We don't need little scumbags like that bringing the name of our club down.

On another note, i thought the treatment of Bray fans at the end of the game was shocking, rounded the lot of us up and would not let us leave the ground, no reason given, just kept saying 3 minutes, 3 minutes. They wouldn't even let our players or club officials out !

On the match itself, the slightly better team won on the night, it was a terrible match won by a terrible goal. We just never showed up, we looked exhausted and offered nothing going forward really. As we pushed on in the 2nd half, Galway caught us on the break a few times and should have killed the game off.

The ref was TERRIBLE, never let the game flow and made SO many bad decisions all night long, especially the 2 sending offs, absolutely shocking.

Well done Galway, enjoy your off season and best of luck next year, hopefully we will be in the same division and able to make the trip west again but the way we played last night i'm fearing the worst

Very poor game, we switched off at the throw in which led to the goal. We had a lot of possession but created very little. I don't know why people were so wound up the ref, he wasn't the reason we lost. The behaviour of a minority of our support was disgraceful. The little fatso running on to attack the ref at the end should be banned from every ground in the country, I've never seen anything like that. Hopefully the guards throw the book at him too. The fireworks were stupid and the idiot screaming abuse at the lino was just embarrassing. Our fans playing 'beachball' with the match ball when we were losing the game beggared belief. Anyway, it looks like we're stuck for centre-halves for Friday now...

Roo69
03/11/2010, 2:11 PM
Very poor game, we switched off at the throw in which led to the goal. We had a lot of possession but created very little. I don't know why people were so wound up the ref, he wasn't the reason we lost. The behaviour of a minority of our support was disgraceful. The little fatso running on to attack the ref at the end should be banned from every ground in the country, I've never seen anything like that. Hopefully the guards throw the book at him too. The fireworks were stupid and the idiot screaming abuse at the lino was just embarrassing. Our fans playing 'beachball' with the match ball when we were losing the game beggared belief. Anyway, it looks like we're stuck for centre-halves for Friday now...

We still have Webby and O'Connor available for Friday and Monday and although inexperienced we also have Nicky Byrne. Danny O'Connor can play there too and if he get a bit of luck Pendergast might be fit. Brennan might also be another option for us at centre half. Obviously it won't be our first choice pairing but it could be a lot worse.

I'd be more than sure the club will take action against the 2 lads for jumping onto the pitch and trying to get at the ref. I'd be shocked if they weren't banned from the Carlisle and going on away trips with the supporters club. 2 idiots for doing what they did.

Roo69
03/11/2010, 2:12 PM
pwnd.

Probably my age :) but what does that mean ? ha

nf08
03/11/2010, 3:07 PM
Ah Yea Ban All the fans only way, Club going in to fd and you want to ban fans great lads

Roo69
03/11/2010, 3:19 PM
Ah Yea Ban All the fans only way, Club going in to fd and you want to ban fans great lads

I'd ban you as well for such a stupid comment.

2 "fans" jump a wall, run on to the pitch and try and attack the ref and you think that's OK? Maybe when you grow up you might see the wrong in that.

Seagull
03/11/2010, 4:00 PM
We still have Webby and O'Connor available for Friday and Monday and although inexperienced we also have Nicky Byrne. Danny O'Connor can play there too and if he get a bit of luck Pendergast might be fit. Brennan might also be another option for us at centre half. Obviously it won't be our first choice pairing but it could be a lot worse.

I'd be more than sure the club will take action against the 2 lads for jumping onto the pitch and trying to get at the ref. I'd be shocked if they weren't banned from the Carlisle and going on away trips with the supporters club. 2 idiots for doing what they did.

What happened Shane O'Connor last night? He was named as starting but then Kelly was in and O'Connor wasn't even on the bench. Is he injured?

Roo69
03/11/2010, 4:10 PM
What happened Shane O'Connor last night? He was named as starting but then Kelly was in and O'Connor wasn't even on the bench. Is he injured?

I can only imagine it was a twist or something similar, he was walking around at half time not a bother on him so it must have happened in the warm up

nf08
03/11/2010, 4:27 PM

That Sums it all there.

But its alright for club officials to hit people in the face (not the two on the pitch)

still i never said what happend was right did i

Cabinteelygull
03/11/2010, 5:06 PM
:( Nights like that seriously make me question why I follow this team. IMO a totally inept performance no one really stood out at all, hopefully they get a kick up the @rse before Friday and realise Monaghan are not going to be a pushover!

Regarding the trouble at the end, this may seem like i'm sitting on the fence, I didn't see the original incident that seem to lead to the scuffles with the cops and stewards (i'm talking about what happened after the two lads ran on the pitch), but what I did notice and what annoyed me was the Galway 'stewards' seemed to be sneering, gesturing and just straight out laughing at the Bray fans at the end, I 100 per cent object to to any sort of violent reaction (Peace dude!) but stewards acting the eejit isn't going to help.

A bad night for Bray Wanderers all in all, let's hope we can put it behind us and step our game up in a big way for Friday.

Bry Boy
03/11/2010, 6:08 PM
Ok I have been quite critical of the way fans have been treated at our club,but I do accept that running on the pitch after a referee is very wrongd,and yes should be punsihed if it is that serious i mean was it a clear run at the ref or is it just being blown out of proportion.
Now roo I mean everyone is allowed to have there say on the matter,for you to turn around to a fan that pays money to the club that she or he supports and say,
I accept yes they should not have ran on the pitch,but do some fans of this club not think that that that section of supporters are the most loyal to the club they travel around the country when times are bad and stuck there,i remember galway juring the summer the majority that section,where is everyone else ?
I realy would love to see these fans boycot the club and just see what happens.

jan molby
03/11/2010, 8:36 PM
Hi Lads,

I was at the game last night and I watched with interest the behaviour of the group of 12 or so "loyal" fans.It's probably the way the World has gone but there seems to be an acceptance of poor behaviour of these lads.I do not deny they are "loyal" to Bray but why they are "loyal" I am not sure?.Why they do not go to a field in South Dublin some where and drink their bottles of 7up with Vodka in them I just do not know.It would be a lot cheaper and I reckon they would have some money left over for a bag of Chips and a Blue Movie on the way home.They spend about 30/40 Euro to go across Ireland ,eat in Supermacs ,get drunk and then slag off their own players and foul mouth the Linesman even when he gets it right.A strange bunch indeed.

One of the "loyal" supporters actually turned around and spotted Derek Prendergast and I qoute said"Why the **** are you not playing there is nothing ****ing wrong with you".Little does this "loyal" fan know.Colin Tresson got it as well.He was accused of being "****ing useless,****ing *****" .I could not believe what I was hearing. Colin Tresson has played for Bray for nearly 20 years on and off and helped us win the Cup in 1999 and has saved us on many occasion.Can you imagine a Liverpool fan talking to a Kenny Dalglish or a Newcastle fan calling Alan Shearer a ****ing ***** at a game in Newcastle.I can imagine that "loyal" fan would be brought to a field and made drink the Vodka without the 7up until his liver exploded.

Now that brings me on to the "Loyal" supporters who went on the pitch at the end and ran towards the ref for his Autograph.well I presume it was his autograph that they wanted as the ref did not cause Bray to lose.The reason Bray lost was that Galway played slightly better on the night plain and simple and good luck to them.My theory on the Lad attacking the ref is that the burger van was directly behind the ref and it was actually the burger van he was attacking.All joking aside I think the "Loyal" supporters seemed to be a little confused as to why they support Bray.

Oh and by the way I am a "loyal" supporter who has seen Bray Promoted,relegated,re elected.Promoted,lose play offs, lose cups in last minutes and win Cups,I dream of some day Bray winning the League .It's a dream I know but is it not what Soccer fans do?.Not all "Loyal" fans can travel to away matches .I can't anyway because of other commitemnts.But I will be in Monaghan on Friday and hopefully we will be good enough to beat Monaghan .If not ,well good luck to Monaghan.
Win lose or Draw you won't see me attacking the ref,"Loyal" fans come and go,but Bray will be here forever.

As for these fans boycotting the club if they were barred.Well I will do the maths for you.12 X15 Euro equals 180 euro per home game.I think the club could live with that loss.I could bring my kids then and buy another Season ticket.The club would not be long replacing them with real 7up drinkers.
Come on the Seagulls .Lets go and win this Bloody play off.I do not want to have to join the "loyal" supporters in the fields around the First Division grounds next season.

Oh sorry for the bad language:).I can be a bit mad myself sometimes :).

Now come on lads let the Devolution be completed on Friday

P.s: My Kids are barred from drinking 7up until further notice.Red Bull from now on :)

thedoyler
03/11/2010, 8:51 PM
I wasn't watching for the so-called attack at the final whistle only caught the tail end of it but I have to say I agree with Roo on this if fans went after the ref they have to be banned for at least a period of time, if they were Rovers or Bohs fans we'd all be on saying how they were a disgrace to football and that we're a friendly club and would never get down to the likes of that. Well we did and the club should punish those involved accordingly. But I do think a total ban would be harsh for something like that as its not representative of the crime. For example someone beats up somebody on the street what happens? A slap on the wrist and told not to do it again. (Story I was witness to) So I don't see why a lifetime ban would be any use. A fine and a 5 match ban would suffice or something to that effect.

Bry Boy
03/11/2010, 9:41 PM
Hang on I am not saying that these are the fans the rest are nothing,what I am saying is that group do give a lot to the club,ok yes I have adimited they should be barred,but its the fact that all they seem to get on this is critisism.
And aswell theres not 12 ,maybee there was at that game,but ususaly there can be 50-60 so your definition of loyal fans is obviously refering to them two and the ones that were syaing the things to del and tresson ,that is a disgrace and dont think that I am saying theyre all angels.
but you see everyone of that section of fans get hurled with this,that, and the other,its not all and a lot go for the football,the section dont seem to be liked among alot of the club members, why cant the (LOYAL) fans that lot that do support the club get credit.
and well ,one member of the club who HITS two fans in the face,Well Well WEll thats a great example isnt it.

but I do totaly agree lads with the banning thing and a lot of behavior was not acceptable.

peadar1987
03/11/2010, 11:08 PM
The discussion isn't about how the fans follow the club all around the country supporting them. If it was, there'd be nothing but praise for that. The discussion's about how they ran onto the pitch at the final whistle. Whether they go to every single game or were first timers is irrelevant.

Bray-Z
04/11/2010, 12:11 AM
one member of the club who HITS two fans in the face,Well Well WEll thats a great example isnt it.

Somebody hit two of the fans!?!?!

Roo69
04/11/2010, 9:42 AM
This incident has absolutely nothing to do with loyalty to the club. We lost the game fair and square on Tuesday night, yes the ref made a few bad decisions but nothing that had a major impact on how we played, I think we are pretty much all in agreement that it was our own poor display that lead to Galway winning.

This so called bunch of 50/60 loyal fans, were are they week after week? are you talking about the lads who sing and bring the drums? if so you are way off the mark in your numbers. At most game there is between 20/30 of them, i know pretty much all of them to see and say hello to and would stop and chat with a good few of them, pretty much all a sound bunch of lads who cause no trouble but there is a very small element of them that think they are hard nuts. These are the lads that damage a club's good reputation, it's the same with Bohs and Rovers, most of their fans are spot on and cause no trouble but the small number of idiots that act the hard man bring the club down with them, and it has stuck with these clubs overt the years as they had always turned a blind eye and done nothing about it.

The 2 lads who ran on the pitch after the match clearly went on to get at the ref, Why? god knows! one of the dumbest things i've ever seen and was all fulled by drink. These 2 lads follow Bray all over the country to watch them play but what has that got to do with them trying to attack the ref? What they did was plain and simply wrong and they need to be punished for what they did.

This thread has been brought up a few times about the language and behavior of a small group of our fans, is there a need to call a female ref's assistant a c*nt or a f*cking sl*t? seriously, is there? I was looking at a few of the older lads in the singing group the other night and the example they were setting for the younger lads (some of the as young as 10/11/12) was terrible. Yes football is a passionate game and emotions run high, we all get carried away but these lads are old enough to know whats right from wrong and need to set examples for the younger lads supporting Bray.

One thing Galway have to take a lot of blame for on the night was their stewarding, i even had my own problems with them. But to let a group of already visibly drunk young lads out of the ground at half time to go down to the off licence and then let them back in topped up with booze is absolutely moronic.

Edit - A Bray official hit 2 Bray fans??????

KR's Post
04/11/2010, 1:32 PM
I have to say i am shocked at what i'm reading.... To try and attack anybody is serious but a referee in a huge game in the top league in the country is trully shocking. I went to games for 12 years between 1994 to 2006 and from 1999 to 2006 quite regular, missed handful of games through that period home and away and i have to say seen nothing like what i'm reading about. Yeah we gave abuse to the ref for decisions made against us but never did we ever go to attack an official at any time.! We brought drums and flags to all games from Limericks ground at Pike rovers to Ballybofey but we created an atmosphere not a bloody incident to shame the club. We were slapped on the wrist once in monaghan for throwing till rolls on the pitch and that is the worst incident i can remember. Those 2 lads should be ashamed of themselves and learn to handle their drink properly and i have to say if it were me i'd offer a grovelling apology to the supporters club, the GM, the mangagement and the players because they really let the club down on tuesday in what i believe was a fantastic number of travelling fans!!!!:(

Grasshopper 99
04/11/2010, 1:41 PM
That person who apparently hit two fans was an older member of the supporters club, The two lads that ran onto the ptich have been banned for the Monaghan home and away games. Totsy didnt even make it twenty yards onto the pitch and all he did was walk on, stop and came back, Yes he can be a clown but when ever something bad happens any where in the crowd he gets the blame even though he could be miles away from any incidents. So before people start naming people make sure they are 100 percent sure they are right.

Bry Boy
04/11/2010, 3:28 PM
I do not agree at all with the abuse the lineswomen got,
thow I wonder will the man that hit the two lads get a ban at all seen as he is related to one of the members I doubt it very much.

Roo69
04/11/2010, 3:45 PM
That person who apparently hit two fans was an older member of the supporters club, The two lads that ran onto the ptich have been banned for the Monaghan home and away games. Totsy didnt even make it twenty yards onto the pitch and all he did was walk on, stop and came back, Yes he can be a clown but when ever something bad happens any where in the crowd he gets the blame even though he could be miles away from any incidents. So before people start naming people make sure they are 100 percent sure they are right.

Are we not 100% right that he jumped the wall and tried to get at the ref, i'll think you will find we are, i was looking at the whole thing along with 50 or 60 others who shuck their heads in embarrassment and shame. It doesn't make the slightest difference if he made it 5, 10 or 50 yards onto the pitch, the thing is that he still did it. To try and defend what he and Traynor did even in the slightest, no matter how far he got onto the pitch shows stupidity in itself and how immature that group of "loyal" fans are. Fair play to the club for banning them for the home and away games, our 2 biggest games of the season and the lads will miss out of them because of acting the ******** after a few drinks, I'd say there delighted with themselves now.

On the other incident of a Supporters Club Member assaulting the 2 lads, didn't see it so i can't comment on it, but if it is true then the lads themselves should take it further. Now that i think of it, i did hear one of the lads who jumped the wall saying "he had no right to hold me back like that" i wonder was that the same incident and has it been blown out of proportion?

Grasshopper 99
04/11/2010, 3:57 PM
I do know that Gary has sent an apology to the supporters club for his behaviour, dont know if he forwarded it to the club as well and there is a planned meeting in regards to everytghing that happened, hopefully this will be done before monday and that ALL people involved that are asked to come and attend do so.

Roo69
04/11/2010, 4:23 PM
I do know that Gary has sent an apology to the supporters club for his behaviour, dont know if he forwarded it to the club as well and there is a planned meeting in regards to everytghing that happened, hopefully this will be done before monday and that ALL people involved that are asked to come and attend do so.

Well at least he was man enough to say sorry so fair play to him for that

Green&whitearmy
04/11/2010, 6:36 PM
Ok, we've all had are rant about the lads running after the ref, i believe one did apologise, far play. It was a stupid thing to do as it was the team who lost us the game not the ref..

On the other side of things I did see what happened with the sc official, terry o'neill the CHAIRMAN of the sc got too involved and raised his hands pushing, shoving and hitting fans, and one of the fans was just trying to get him away from the situation that he assualed. This is completly unacceptable and I really hope that action is taken by the club and the sc about this, but because he's the brother of the GM in the club I seriously doubt that anything will happen, for one I want to see him resign as chairman and be banned from the commitee in future.

Its funny because most of the time when someone is telling them to stop messing or critising the singing fans about what they do its Terry. Then when most had left the ground after and the lad was talking to the gaurds on the pitch Mark O'Neill started screaming at him making things worse and when someone shouted at him and told him to f**k off he replied by saying 'you'll never be in the carlisle again', the two of them made the whole situation alot worse.

Anyway, hopefully Terry has sense and the club do as well and take action..

C'mon bray, beat the mons and look forward to next season..

Bry Boy
04/11/2010, 7:17 PM
If fans are going to be banned terry should be aswell,he has been complaining and complaining for the last 3 years about the fans and then hits two,I am finished complaining about this but im just sticking up for the good of that group.
the singing fans are not respected by Bray Wanderers and that is a fact.
The bases has to be started at this club work with the fans respect teh fans and thats what makes great clubs,people may laugh at this but you have to build on supports not ruin it.
the two lads were a disgrace to the club the other day and terry,I agree he should resign and not go around like the big man anymore.

braysnumber1
04/11/2010, 8:01 PM
Jeez, a lot of angry people on this.... I wish some of the energy on this was put into helping the club!!!

What happened the other night was a joke. From the team who did not perform, to the ref and to the incident after the match. The 2 fans who ran onto the pitch should be punished and looks they will. One seemingly has apologised and I hope the other does too. But this still does not excuse what happened, they should never have gone over that wall. What happened after this was a joke. Some people just always have to get involved. They cannot keep away. But i aint going to get into that. I hope the club deals with this person (can't see it happening though!!!).

On the people who gets the blame all the time, I feel some what sorry for Totsy! He aways seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time... Yes he went onto the pitch afterwards (which he shouldnt) but he gets blamed for a lot that wasnt his fault. The lads with the drums seem to get away with a lot in my view... They shout abuse and everything and dont stop the lads or anything... But anyway enough said, let the club and supporters club tidy this mess up sooner rather than later!!!

The club needs the supporters to get behind the club tomorrow and on Monday, so get out there and cheer the lads on as I do not want to be wathing 1st Division football next season!!!!

lowflyingseagul
04/11/2010, 8:19 PM
my god you'd swear we were millwall . i think we have been for the past 25 years the best behaved fans in the league, other then ucd who don't have any fans. people get heated and do things they shouldn't. time to move on and snap out of all of this. if you went down bray seafront every night of the week you would see a lot worse. not an excuse but 2 people out of 300 acting up . i don't think we do or ever will have a hooligan problem compared to other clubs.