PDA

View Full Version : City Vs Shams ; Predictions

Gary
10/05/2004, 6:49 PM
Tough one to call this, as our home form hasnt been great so far this season. That said, we are on a decent run, unfortuneatly the same can be said of Shams.

Its always a fiery game, hard fought and exciting. Overall, we always rasie our game for these shower. Rememeber last season, winning 1-0 with 10 men. Hopefully we will have the same spirit Friday.

I'm going for City to edge it by a goal, either 1-0 or 2-1, and hopefully mooney will have the worst game of his career!

Éanna
10/05/2004, 6:51 PM
city to burst their bubble and win 3-1. as long as we start defending set pieces a bit better

Colm
10/05/2004, 7:01 PM
As long as people support the team and get behind the players in a positive manner we'll have an excellent chance of winning. If some of the "fans" behave like they did at recent home games the players spirit will drop and Rovers will walk all over us. So lads, lets give the team the kind of support we gave them in Dublin for our last two wins (Bohs in particular) and we might get another win as we get closer to the big Munster derby at the end of the month.

Rovers will be on a massive high after beating Shels last week so it's up to us to bring them back down to earth and show them that they are just a small club with average players and are merely another team we have to overcome ahead of our big games against Waterford and Shels in a few weeks.

As for Mooney, I fully expect everyone in the Shed will give him a great reception and hopefully he'll do us a favour in return! :)

I'm too superstitious to give a score prediction but I will say that I think Georgie is going to continue his recent goalscoring expoits.

adamcarr
10/05/2004, 7:02 PM
Id say it will be a very entertaining draw with many many goals! :) :mad: :)

adamcarr
10/05/2004, 7:04 PM
As for Mooney, I fully expect everyone in the Shed will give him a great reception and hopefully he'll do us a favour in return! :)
Wouldnt be too sure bot Moses :mad:

tiktok
10/05/2004, 7:47 PM
Wouldnt be too sure bot Moses :mad:

I'm a really nice guy :) never lose my temper :) . But If Moses says one thing against Noel Mooney, that'll change rapidly :mad:

As for the game itself. We'll find it very hard going against Rovers, and unless we score early I can see the crowd getting on the lads' backs, which will only drag things down.
The recent games have hinted that we might be more up for it physically, which we'll need, a lot is going to rest on George's shoulders, we could be looking to him for the spark we'll need.
Main thing is getting behind the team completely from the off, already have the Halls soothers purchased, because my throat will be in bits after ninety minutes. :eek: cough cough

yiddo
10/05/2004, 7:48 PM
City to win 2-0 and Mooney to get a well deserved great reception even from Moses !

Storysham
10/05/2004, 9:45 PM
2-1 to city, gutted im missing this, my favourite game of the season. Have to go to a buddys stag.

rolo
10/05/2004, 10:20 PM
sure it all depends on what city team turns up on the day like. either we play like our away results portray and put a good performance in, or we play with no graft whatsoever and lay down for em.

i can't really see the latter happening seeing as it is the rovers.

i predict a win. at home, good run, recognised starting 11, and greg back hopefully to show them why they werent good enough for him!

ps: colm, have you become a secret PR man for the club or wha?? every post involves your hope for the crowd to get behind the team (not that its a bad thing, just an observation.) ;)

Colm
10/05/2004, 11:16 PM
ps: colm, have you become a secret PR man for the club or wha?? every post involves your hope for the crowd to get behind the team (not that its a bad thing, just an observation.) ;)

I'm just very ****ed off with the way some of our fans have been getting on the teams back at recent home games and I think it has had an adverse effect on our performances and results at home.
Contrast that with away games and everyone has been fully behind the team.... singing, chanting, shouting encouragment etc. It's away games we've been getting good results in so I think that shows that the team responds to the fans attitudes.
I know I'm constantly repeating myself on this issue but who cares because for once I know I'm right! :)

SÓC
10/05/2004, 11:33 PM
Well with our in hobby of giving goals away from setpieces and most of Rovers goals coming from them I'd say we'll have to score more than once if we are to beat them. Im going for a close game, 2-1, a red card and a peno.

A face
11/05/2004, 12:11 AM
The team to score first will win ..... not giving any other prediction. Both teams SHOULD be well up for it .... more pressure on City being at home. Staff at Rovers will really want a result from the cross.

I dunno ..... i think a big part, considering other home games is the crowd .... if the crowd get behind them for the WHOLE match, it will tell .... if not then, well you know the rest. Most of the players have mention it recently. We need to get behind the team .... end of !!

NorthoftheLee
11/05/2004, 8:19 AM
it will all come down to whether we can handle them at set pieces or not...they have scored a lot of goals from set pieces this season with the threat of palmer and mcguinness from o'hallorans free kicks....if we can manage that then I think we will win...

as for what Colm has been saying, agree 100%....The crowd needs to get behind the team for the full 90 mins...the players have even admitted that the abuse and moans they are getting at home is affecting them...They feel well under pressure as everything they do wrong is picked up on....

Dricky
11/05/2004, 8:27 AM
I'm just very ****ed off with the way some of our fans have been getting on the teams back at recent home games and I think it has had an adverse effect on our performances and results at home.
Contrast that with away games and everyone has been fully behind the team.... singing, chanting, shouting encouragment etc. It's away games we've been getting good results in so I think that shows that the team responds to the fans attitudes.
I know I'm constantly repeating myself on this issue but who cares because for once I know I'm right! :)

Get fog horns (or are they banned??) stand beside them and drown them out

Peadar
11/05/2004, 9:18 AM

I expect Moo to try his hardest as always.
Only thing is he'll probably be distracted while laughing at the banter from the shed and Doyler will nip in for the 1-0 winner.
There's no reason why Moo wont get a great reception.

pete
11/05/2004, 9:39 AM
What kind of crowd people expecting?

Mooneys just as big a judas as the rest & should be heckled like the rest! Doesn't he know players not allowed leave City unless going to crap teams like Cobh or Limerick!

Éanna
11/05/2004, 10:26 AM
Get fog horns (or are they banned??) stand beside them and drown them out
they're banned. part of the FAI and UEFA's efforts to do everything possible to destroy any semblance of an atmosphere at football matches :rolleyes:

No way any city fans should be thinking of abusing their own team- for this game of all games! This is 90 mins of slagging and laughing at the penniless homeless shower of antos we love to hate so much.

Echo Boy
11/05/2004, 12:32 PM
What kind of crowd people expecting?

Mooneys just as big a judas as the rest & should be heckled like the rest! Doesn't he know players not allowed leave City unless going to crap teams like Cobh or Limerick!

Well said Pete I will be giving him a piece of my mind on firday night......oh by the way I wouldnt be surprised if it ends in a nil all draw.

NorthoftheLee
11/05/2004, 12:44 PM
Well said Pete I will be giving him a piece of my mind on firday night......oh by the way I wouldnt be surprised if it ends in a nil all draw.

oh god, did you not see the sarcasm in that post :rolleyes:

Éanna
11/05/2004, 12:49 PM
some fan you are. we don't need the kind of people who abuse legends

Echo Boy
11/05/2004, 12:56 PM

LEGEND!!!!

jofyisgod
11/05/2004, 6:13 PM
LEGEND!!!!

Yes, LEGEND. 6 letter word. Dictionary definititon-famous mythical person, eg/ NOEL MOOOOOONEEEY!

Echo Boy
12/05/2004, 10:46 AM
Yes, LEGEND. 6 letter word. Dictionary definititon-famous mythical person, eg/ NOEL MOOOOOONEEEY!

He must be the only legend I know who warmed the bench for 2 years and I wont even comment about his personal misfortunes!

NorthoftheLee
12/05/2004, 10:50 AM
He must be the only legend I know who warmed the bench for 2 years and I wont even comment about his personal misfortunes!

go way you ****ing wind up cúnt ya......langér!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tiktok
12/05/2004, 10:52 AM

NOTL (and everybody else for that matter) just ignore him, he's only looking for a reaction. He'll cross the line soon enough and get himself banned.

Echo Boy
12/05/2004, 11:19 AM

F*** You! and dont be calling me names as what I have said is true and everyone knows

Echo Boy
12/05/2004, 11:51 AM
NOTL (and everybody else for that matter) just ignore him, he's only looking for a reaction. He'll cross the line soon enough and get himself banned.

I have noticed that if you say anything that doesnt conform to your opinion or the opinion of a half a dozen others namely Eanna, SOC etc you are systemically abused by those mentioned. THIS IS A DISCUSSION WEBSITE so all posts to this site should be respected no matter what. Also I will never cross the line and get myself banned!

NorthoftheLee
12/05/2004, 12:02 PM
I have noticed that if you say anything that doesnt conform to your opinion or the opinion of a half a dozen others namely Eanna, SOC etc you are systemically abused by those mentioned. THIS IS A DISCUSSION WEBSITE so all posts to this site should be respected no matter what. Also I will never cross the line and get myself banned!

and I wont even comment about his personal misfortunes!
!

snide remarks like that are not on.....

Colm
12/05/2004, 12:03 PM
THIS IS A DISCUSSION WEBSITE so all posts to this site should be respected no matter what.

Do you honestly expect anyone to respect a post like this....

Fcuk off ya ignorant clown.

Echo Boy
12/05/2004, 12:26 PM
Do you honestly expect anyone to respect a post like this....

Fcuk off ya ignorant clown.

As I said Pric*s like yourself ( the loser student types / work shy Tosse*s) gang up on anybody who dont conform with their opinions. So after your response I rest my case

NorthoftheLee
12/05/2004, 12:34 PM
The ignore list is a blessing........who was that again??? :D

patsh
12/05/2004, 1:06 PM
we don't need the kind of people who abuse legends
Just where would one start.......
Fair play to you, Eanna, theres nothing I like better than a bit of irony........ :D

patsh
12/05/2004, 1:08 PM
( the loser student types / work shy Tosse*s)
Excuse me, I have been an honourable member of both clubs for long periods of time, and I can't get anyone to conform to my opinions...... :D

Ozymandias
13/05/2004, 10:03 AM
I hope mooney gets a good reception from the crowd on riday night...he was a good servant to the club but it was always my opinion that he was an average keeper and had big problems on crosses.... a nice guy but no legend...just loyal.....and should be appreciated for that

razor
13/05/2004, 11:10 AM

Davie Barry, Patsy Freyne, Pat Morley, John Caulfield, these people are legends.
Mooney while being a great servant and an all round nice bloke is no legend.
Deserves a great reception tomorrow night

Echo Boy
13/05/2004, 12:03 PM
Davie Barry, Patsy Freyne, Pat Morley, John Caulfield, these people are legends.
Mooney while being a great servant and an all round nice bloke is no legend.
Deserves a great reception tomorrow night

Your list of legends is correct however Mooney is now playing with the Scum of Ireland and should be treated accordingly irrespective of his past expliots with City. There was plenty of other clubs he could have joined and if he had joined anyone else in the EL I would give him a good reception however this will NOT be the case tomorrow night as I fully intend to inform him of my ill feelings towards him.
:mad:

Echo Boy
13/05/2004, 12:04 PM
Excuse me, I have been an honourable member of both clubs for long periods of time, and I can't get anyone to conform to my opinions...... :D

Funny Guy! :)

liamon
13/05/2004, 12:49 PM
Mooney is now playing with the Scum of Ireland and should be treated accordingly irrespective of his past expliots with City. There was plenty of other clubs he could have joined

Yea, coz Shels, Pats, Waterford, etc. were queueing up to sign him. :rolleyes: He wasn't getting a game and he moved on.

....I fully intend to inform him of my ill feelings towards him. :mad:

Somehow, I think you'll be in the minority. I expect Mooooney to get a warm reception from 95% of the crowd.

jofyisgod
13/05/2004, 6:59 PM
Somehow, I think you'll be in the minority. I expect Mooooney to get a warm reception from 95% of the crowd.

Yeh, the 95% who have more than one brain cell.

Echo Boy
13/05/2004, 7:20 PM
Yea, coz Shels, Pats, Waterford, etc. were queueing up to sign him. :rolleyes: He wasn't getting a game and he moved on.

Well I least I will be in good company with the other 5%, the ones who give the shed a bit of atmosphere.

Frankie Sky
13/05/2004, 9:21 PM
Ignore that bile about Mooney that's coming from some posts. Clap Mooney at the start and the end of the game he has earned it for his great service to the club.In between he must be treated like all keepers in front of the shed(its part of the game).City to win 3-2 in the match of the season...as it always is...

ccfcgirl
13/05/2004, 9:25 PM
i hope noel gets a great reseption tomorrow night, he had no other choice but to leave

yiddo
13/05/2004, 9:34 PM
I spoke with Noel Monney last week and he told me the following;
a. He thinks he's a better goalie than Devine and should be the number 1.
b. He's setting up a branch of his business Kapacare in Dublin at present and it suits him to be up there.
c. He's signed a 1 year deal with Rovers and definetly wont be there next season. Next season he'll be back in Cork playing munster senior league and biding his time to get his place back with City. After all he's got time on his side. He's 4 years younger than Mickey Devine.
d. He's really looking forward to Friday night and said he'll let in a couple !

Noel may not be a legend in the Davey/Patsy/Biscuits mould but hes not far behind.

Boing boing boing!!!!!

Colm
13/05/2004, 10:47 PM
He thinks he's a better goalie than Devine and should be the number 1.

I'd agree with that. Mick is a great keeper but I've always felt Mooney was marginally better.