PDA

View Full Version : blast from the past

Martinho II
28/10/2010, 8:24 PM
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/oxfordcityfc/?primary=senior&secondary=players_coaches&team_id=

I was bored on the net earlier and just thought I would do a google search on ex Longford Town legend Dave Savage and I discovered that he is still playing football with Oxford City Fc. There is a very good photo on their website which I have to share with ye! He is now 37 yrs of age .

enjoy what I discovered!

Longfordian
28/10/2010, 8:55 PM
He was apparently half thinking of coming back to play for us when Alan Mathews was here, he's friendly with him. In the end he decided not to uproot the family and got another club in England. He was at the cup final in 2003 as far as I can recall. Mick McCarthy did the club a favour by playing him for Ireland five times we got another ten grand off Millwall.

Martinho II
29/10/2010, 4:41 PM
He was apparently half thinking of coming back to play for us when Alan Mathews was here, he's friendly with him. In the end he decided not to uproot the family and got another club in England. He was at the cup final in 2003 as far as I can recall. Mick McCarthy did the club a favour by playing him for Ireland five times we got another ten grand off Millwall.

yeah I remember that too longfordian about him being at the cup final.. he should be invited down for whatever game the longford town Legends have planned next it would be great seein him again!!

Rocky77
30/10/2010, 4:43 PM
He was due to come over for Prunty's game but changed his mind about six weeks before. Had a "big derby game" for Oxford City the next day and just couldn't miss it.

Martinho II
31/10/2010, 5:15 PM
He was due to come over for Prunty's game but changed his mind about six weeks before. Had a "big derby game" for Oxford City the next day and just couldn't miss it.

i thought rocky that he was with Brackley town that year... He has certainly aged a lot over the years that I remember him..

Rocky77
02/11/2010, 10:13 AM
No, he had just left brackley for Oxford City. He's certainly aged a bit, 16 years since he left us - even I've aged in that time ;)