PDA

View Full Version : 3 College players in 4-Nations squad

Schumi
10/05/2004, 1:02 PM
Just got a text there that Neil Gallagher, Hugh Davey and Willie Doyle have been selected in an Ireland squad for some semi-professional tournament.

http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=12971&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes

Looks like they'll miss the Rovers League Cup game and the Dundalk game in the league, why is this scheduled for the middle of the season?

Schumi
10/05/2004, 2:24 PM
Eddie Wallace is assistant manager too.

pineapple stu
10/05/2004, 5:32 PM
Wanna hope Darren Quigley isn't off with some Ireland Schools squad again!

Muppets in the FAI again... :mad: Though obviously the reason it's on in themiddle of the season is that it's off-season for the other three countries. the league has to take precedence over something like this surely? Only consolation is that Bray are losing four players (3½ if you count Zayed :D ) and Kildare are losing one.

Cawley and Robbie Doyle are in there too.

Roo69
11/05/2004, 12:58 PM
Wanna hope Darren Quigley isn't off with some Ireland Schools squad again!

Muppets in the FAI again... :mad: Though obviously the reason it's on in themiddle of the season is that it's off-season for the other three countries. the league has to take precedence over something like this surely? Only consolation is that Bray are losing four players (3½ if you count Zayed :D ) and Kildare are losing one.

Cawley and Robbie Doyle are in there too.

yeah not happy about it at all ! but if it is counted as an international, we can get our matches postponed until a different date, heres hoping anyway !
As far as i know Doyle is not aloud to meet up with of the squad, Kennys form of punishment. I would'nt mind, i bet he wont be in any of Bohs squads when the tourno is on !

pineapple stu
11/05/2004, 5:24 PM
Never thought about the three-player rule. Can we enforce that? What does it mean for our coach to Gundalk??? :confused:

CollegeTillIDie
11/05/2004, 7:09 PM
It's a two player rule actually, see the thread called Dundalk V UCD postponed

Schumi
12/05/2004, 11:58 AM
What does it mean for our coach to Gundalk??? :confused:Fairly low turn-out I'd say! I was on to them this morning to cancel.