PDA

View Full Version : Shels last Friday.

Jofspring
27/10/2010, 8:41 AM
Right lads there has been no word on this game as its been very quite on here recently.

Missed the game myself. How did we play, was there many at it etc....?

harpin
27/10/2010, 9:14 AM
Think official attendance was 420

We were the better side I thought and had more chances, dodgy handball?(didn't really see it) gave them a penalty and their goal....O'Leary was excellent....same old story with a bit of luck we would have beaten them

Monkfish
27/10/2010, 11:25 AM
We were much the better team for most of the game, created a lot of chances and had 3 shouts for a peno (should have maybe got 1) Shels of course got theirs early and that was that really.

osarusan
27/10/2010, 12:42 PM
Thought Paddy's lack of complaint for the penalty was telling. From where I was standing, you coudn't tell what part of him made contact with the ball, but the shels fans were calling for it imediately, and the lino gave it without hesitation, and Paddy accepted it without a murmur.

After that, we had quite a lot of the ball and created some reasonable chances, especially with Bobby's freekick coming back off the post. In the second hald shels were better defensively, and apart from Jeffrey just failing to get enough on a cross, and a truly sensational save from Dean Delaney to deny Bobby (I think), we didn't come too close. In fact, one of their players missed a free header from about 8 yards out after a quick freekick.

All in all, we had 80+ minutes to get a goal and didn't, so i don't think we can say we were terribly unlucky.

Fair play to Shels, they brought maybe 75-100? And were in good voice throughout.

dutchie
27/10/2010, 6:26 PM
Thought we were a bit unlucky,a good crowd of 450 when you take into account that we were playing for pride.
On a side note can't make head nor tail of the few plonkers in the stand that spent most of the match shouting abuse at the visiting fans rather that shout for their team.

Monkfish
28/10/2010, 8:54 AM
a good crowd of 450 when you take into account that we were playing for pride.

Munnnnster were at home too that night so not bad at all.

Jofspring
28/10/2010, 8:56 AM
add into that a lot of people might have been keeping their dosh for the International rules the next night.

Monkfish
28/10/2010, 12:02 PM
add into that a lot of people might have been keeping their dosh for the International rules the next night.

So what your saying is you didnt go to the Shels game so you could watch a load of unfit muckers who cant kick a ball straight get beat by an Aussie team hardly out of 2nd gear? :curse:

Shame

Jofspring
28/10/2010, 1:20 PM
So what your saying is you didnt go to the Shels game so you could watch a load of unfit muckers who cant kick a ball straight get beat by an Aussie team hardly out of 2nd gear? :curse:

Shame

No more like got wasted at a graduation ball instead :D

Monkfish
28/10/2010, 2:26 PM
No more like got wasted at a graduation ball instead :D

Eww look at me, im a drunk student and im gonna shout very load so everyone knows im ****ed and having a great time.

Only joking! :party:

Jofspring
28/10/2010, 3:25 PM
Eww look at me, im a drunk student and im gonna shout very load so everyone knows im ****ed and having a great time.

Only joking! :party:

I ain't a student either :D

osarusan
28/10/2010, 4:23 PM
http://vimeo.com/channels/shelstv

shels footage from the game.

Monkfish
28/10/2010, 4:29 PM
I ain't a student either :D

Finished up and is now unemployed? :cool::cool:

Jofspring
28/10/2010, 4:58 PM
Finished up and is now unemployed? :cool::cool:

Glady employed for 6 years :highfive:

Must say i hope we get a camera like that for next season. The Shels matches always look class.

bluewhitearmy
28/10/2010, 10:19 PM
Thought we were a bit unlucky,a good crowd of 450 when you take into account that we were playing for pride.
On a side note can't make head nor tail of the few plonkers in the stand that spent most of the match shouting abuse at the visiting fans rather that shout for their team.

They are rivals we dont get on and shout the team on to what we couldnt get anything anyway play offs were gone.

Lads in corner like me have spent the season travelling the country shouting on the team have you?

joeSoap
29/10/2010, 10:45 AM
They are rivals we dont get on and shout the team on to what we couldnt get anything anyway play offs were gone.

Lads in corner like me have spent the season travelling the country shouting on the team have you? You could travel to outer Mongolia to support the team and that wouldn't give you the right to abuse other fans. It depends on what the abuse was of course but I had to edit the second post in this thread because of an example of what is unnecessary abuse. Banter is great, abuse is not and there should be no place for it.

dutchie
29/10/2010, 6:07 PM

Lads in corner like me have spent the season travelling the country shouting on the team have you?
I was at the home match v Wexford youths a few weeks back and the abuse that a former Limerick player got was nothing short of a disgrace,just because some fans travel to away matches doesn't give them the right to abuse anyone in the name of Limerick f.c.

bluewhitearmy
29/10/2010, 9:37 PM
We have never said what we are saying is in Limericks name its our own feelings.

God bless ye and your delicate ears if we ever get up and Rovers and Bohs come to town.

Its a soccer match every league in the world people get abused get used to it.

harpin
30/10/2010, 8:23 AM
http://newmatilda.com/files/imagecache/article_feature/images/Helen-Lovejoy.jpg

joeSoap
30/10/2010, 10:27 AM
We have never said what we are saying is in Limericks name its our own feelings.

God bless ye and your delicate ears if we ever get up and Rovers and Bohs come to town.

Its a soccer match every league in the world people get abused get used to it.Well go set up your own forum to discuss 'your own feelings', or ring Jeremy Kyle. Either way, keep your 'feelings' off this forum unless they are related to the club.

bluewhitearmy
30/10/2010, 10:39 AM
Was it not you and Dutchie talking about the lads in the corner i answered comments about that so i hope Dutchie and you got an infraction too Joe. Or did i just get an infraction for not agreeing with you?

You dont even know what was said at matches so really is nothing to do with you Joe is it?

Could be worse instead of abusing people we could be out robbing banks or something like that.

bluewhitearmy
30/10/2010, 10:45 AM
" Either way, keep your 'feelings' off this forum unless they are related to the club."

"You could travel to outer Mongolia to support the team and that wouldn't give you the right to abuse other fans. It depends on what the abuse was of course but I had to edit the second post in this thread because of an example of what is unnecessary abuse. Banter is great, abuse is not and there should be no place for it."

How is this more related to the club then what i said?

joeSoap
30/10/2010, 3:31 PM
I'm only going to say this once to you in the hope that it sinks in: you said your feelings lead you to feel the need to be abusive at matches. That's fine, it's your right. But I'm not allowing posts from people on here who like to brag about being abusive at matches. End of! Bans will follow if it persists.

bluewhitearmy
30/10/2010, 3:52 PM
When did i brag i said its our feelings in the corner if we dont like someone we might call them something starting with W for example now if you want to tell me what is so shocking about that at a soccer match id love to know.

I only said it because it was said we were doing it in the name of Limerick FC i was clearing up that we never say its the feelings of Limerick FC or anyone involved with the club.

I was answering something about us you would do the same if something was said about you would you not? Nothing in my post broke any rules so why would i be banned for defending me and the lads in the corner?

dutchie
02/11/2010, 12:31 AM

Its a soccer match every league in the world people get abused get used to it.

SAD!!!!!!!

Monkfish
02/11/2010, 12:37 AM
SAD!!!!!!!

Come along to a few away games and see how we're treated by the home fans and officals and you might understand the bad feeling some fans have with some clubs. Shels in Tolka is always an interesting one.

Lim till i die
02/11/2010, 12:48 AM
The Shels fans on t'otherside were stab city this, stab city that, stab city the other.

It's not pleasant but it happens.

We could do without the hassle of Shels games tbh I hope they win their playoff. :good:

:p

dutchie
03/11/2010, 1:39 AM
Come along to a few away games and see how we're treated by the home fans and officals and you might understand the bad feeling some fans have with some clubs. Shels in Tolka is always an interesting one.

Two wrongs dont make a right,Limerick could have been three up and some of the clowns in the corner wouldn't have known.
Fans???? I wonder!!!!

bluepowers
03/11/2010, 1:55 AM
shut up dutchie were real fans who love football .... u on the other hand are trying to knock us .. without us der would be no away support or any atmosphere .... so what did we do wrong dutchie show passion because we want the team to do well ... im one off de lads in de corner . i was in athlone had no lift till half 5 got bus eireann to athlone for a game that meant nothing to limerick and i was lucky to get a lift back and not the only person in the supporters club that has done it before thats how passionate de lads in de corner are so shut up dutchie please ....

Monkfish
03/11/2010, 9:46 AM
Two wrongs dont make a right,Limerick could have been three up and some of the clowns in the corner wouldn't have known.
Fans???? I wonder!!!!

Its called having a laugh at a football game, we're not trying to end world hunger here. Lighten up.

lfc at heart
03/11/2010, 10:13 AM
Relax Lads, without the lads in the stand going to the games would be very boring,

look if you don't like the chants and singing then don't go to the game and it comes from both supporters but do me a favour and don't he a hypocrite and then go home and put on an English soccer game on the tv because their fans sing the very same songs and many a time Ive seen the camera close up to a players face and they are swearing.

life is all about choices if you dont like something then make a choice about it and move on

dutchie
04/11/2010, 6:49 AM
shut up dutchie were real fans who love football .... u on the other hand are trying to knock us .. without us der would be no away support or any atmosphere .... so what did we do wrong dutchie show passion because we want the team to do well ... im one off de lads in de corner . i was in athlone had no lift till half 5 got bus eireann to athlone for a game that meant nothing to limerick and i was lucky to get a lift back and not the only person in the supporters club that has done it before thats how passionate de lads in de corner are so shut up dutchie please ....
Passionate maybe,knowledgeable---i doubt it!

bluewhitearmy
04/11/2010, 4:36 PM
Passionate maybe,knowledgeable---i doubt it!

Do you even know the Limerick players could you name them just out of interest?

dutchie
05/11/2010, 6:02 AM
Do you even know the Limerick players could you name them just out of interest?
No problem there,a regular for a number of years!

jaorta
05/11/2010, 6:06 PM
I was at the away match in Wexford earlier in the season,cos my work had me staying locally overnight.
Have to say I needed to distance myself from these" supporters "as they were a disgrace.On the night they
were not nor were the Limerick team abused by the home support who seemed knowledagable and appreciatave
of an excellent game of football.Two of our juvenile delinquents had to be asked to leave the ground on the night.
Bluenwhitearmy was one and the other was a small overweight chap with a tight haircut.I felt I needed to explain to
some of the local stewards that these were not your typical Limerick supporter and apologise for their disgraceful behaviour

osarusan
05/11/2010, 8:25 PM
http://arnoldit.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/textmining-worms-copy.jpg

bluewhitearmy
05/11/2010, 8:59 PM
I was at the away match in Wexford earlier in the season,cos my work had me staying locally overnight.
Have to say I needed to distance myself from these" supporters "as they were a disgrace.On the night they
were not nor were the Limerick team abused by the home support who seemed knowledagable and appreciatave
of an excellent game of football.Two of our juvenile delinquents had to be asked to leave the ground on the night.
Bluenwhitearmy was one and the other was a small overweight chap with a tight haircut.I felt I needed to explain to
some of the local stewards that these were not your typical Limerick supporter and apologise for their disgraceful behaviour

Well that is just plain lies as i wasn't asked to leave Wexford at all ever.

Edit: Wasn't even in with the Limerick fans that night now that i think of it.

bluepowers
06/11/2010, 2:50 AM
dutchie & jaorta are you stupid or something we travel the country from top to bottom from cork to derry and the supporters club members help out the club alot a little respect would be nice for being so passionate about limerick fc sure some games can make a fan lose the plot a little thats what real supporters do

..... look at clubs all over the world alot of them are real passionate fans like limerick fans we are 1 of the best away support in the division and were very passionate about limerick fc