PDA

View Full Version : shams v bray next friday

Pages : [1] 2

naoise kennedy
23/10/2010, 8:59 AM
Who would have thought that shamrock rovers need to beat/draw bray to win the league,,

looking at our fixture the following week i would think that devlin would not be risking any of our 6/7 first teamers that might come back after injuries, realisticly i can see rovers getting the title and for the second year in a row the title will be presented in the carlise maybe some day it will presented to us.. lets hope the bray supporters come out as rovers will be bringing a huge crowd..

notever
23/10/2010, 5:03 PM
Its nice to have our final League game of the season played before a massive crowd once again I believe there will be a 3000 crowd limit.Its live on R.T.E.2 T.V. at 7.45.

naoise kennedy
23/10/2010, 7:28 PM
fridays match will be ticket only.. will season ticket holders need to collect a ''match ticket'' so officials can keep an eye on numbers...

brayfan08
24/10/2010, 1:08 PM
http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1154 anyone know were this leaves the season ticket holders

Bray Wanderers Supporters Club
24/10/2010, 4:02 PM
Your season ticket is your match ticket. It's valid just like every other league game.

brayfan08
24/10/2010, 4:22 PM
alri wasn't sure if it was the same for this match

superjohnny
25/10/2010, 10:33 AM
Absolutely brilliant that the Carlisle is going to be packed this Friday and we need the money.

However, the big game for me is the Galway one and would definitely rest some players as any injuries picked up Friday would be a travesty. Galway had their best players out the last few weeks albeit due to suspension and injury but they will not be taking a chance.

Roo69
26/10/2010, 8:55 AM
This game is now SOLD OUT

SupaJon
26/10/2010, 8:58 AM
:( Ah poo.

Didn't think the home section would have sold out.
Guess I won't be there to see Rovers fans demolish the Carlisle so.

KK77
26/10/2010, 9:28 AM
Rang the club on Saturday and called down yesterday morning and picked one up. It was a shoe in to sell out quickly. The amount of Rovers fans wanting to be at this so no shock at all it's sold out.

Roo69
26/10/2010, 10:11 AM
Rang the club on Saturday and called down yesterday morning and picked one up. It was a shoe in to sell out quickly. The amount of Rovers fans wanting to be at this so no shock at all it's sold out.

Spot on. I'd say if we could fit 10,000 in safely we would sell out. The demand for tickets has been nothing short of remarkable.

SupaJon
26/10/2010, 12:48 PM
I'll just have to watch it on tv.

dfx-
26/10/2010, 12:54 PM
Spot on. I'd say if we could fit 10,000 in safely we would sell out. The demand for tickets has been nothing short of remarkable.

What do you think you could fit in at the Carlisle with no restrictions as a matter of interest?

i.e. in the style of old Irish internationals at Dalymount..

superfrank
26/10/2010, 1:07 PM
Prob around 4,000 or 5,000.

The main stand holds just under 1,000. I think the other stand can hold up to 2,000 but I'm open to correction on that. I reckon you could squeeze in another 1,000 to 2,000 behind the goals.

Roo69
26/10/2010, 1:50 PM
What do you think you could fit in at the Carlisle with no restrictions as a matter of interest?

i.e. in the style of old Irish internationals at Dalymount..

Home stand holds 1000, away stand holds 1800 + 400 standing, standing area at the bowling alley end would be 2000 and then if they opened up the north end of the ground and put a temp. stand another 1000 on top of that. All at a rough guess of course)

Before the away stand went in i would have guessed between 8 and 9000

lowflyingseagul
26/10/2010, 1:57 PM
it will be a home game for rovers, i didn't know it was all ticket, will be watching it on the TV

Roo69
26/10/2010, 2:19 PM
it will be a home game for rovers, i didn't know it was all ticket, will be watching it on the TV

They only have a set number of tickets, Bray as the home team have already sold out their own tickets for the game.

If you own a season ticket then you just come as normal.

KK77
26/10/2010, 2:56 PM
They only have a set number of tickets, Bray as the home team have already sold out their own tickets for the game.If you own a season ticket then you just come as normal.

Throw in the Rovers fans who bought tickets direct from Bray and you could easily imo add another 800 if not more to their own allocation.

Roo69
26/10/2010, 3:23 PM
Throw in the Rovers fans who bought tickets direct from Bray and you could easily imo add another 800 if not more to their own allocation.

Bray will have more than 200/300 fans at the game, we do for every home game bar the odd cup game. But yeah Rovers will have more fans at the game, i would say 2 or 2.5 to 1 favoring the Hoops.

I'd say they have had a very tight reign on who they are selling tickets to with your very point in mind, obviously a few will slip through the net but i reckon they would know quite a lot of the people who have been dropping into the ground to purchase tickets and any major doubts i don't think they would sell tickets to them.

Nice pay day for the touts if they manage to get their hands on tickets.....

KK77
27/10/2010, 9:17 AM
Bray will have more than 200/300 fans at the game, we do for every home game bar the odd cup game. But yeah Rovers will have more fans at the game, i would say 2 or 2.5 to 1 favoring the Hoops.

I'd say they have had a very tight reign on who they are selling tickets to with your very point in mind, obviously a few will slip through the net but i reckon they would know quite a lot of the people who have been dropping into the ground to purchase tickets and any major doubts i don't think they would sell tickets to them.

Nice pay day for the touts if they manage to get their hands on tickets.....

I know some Rovers fans were out the other day buying 10 per person but i do understand it's hard to control.

lowflyingseagul
27/10/2010, 9:24 AM
how would they know who is rovers and who isn't? , if they had money they would have got a ticket

BohsFans
27/10/2010, 11:34 AM
rovers home game (att. by Bray season ticket holders) against the bray reserves. Great!

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1704-bray-tickets-sold-out

added to the tickets sold to Rovers fans by Bray Wanderers and via ticketmaster.

You completely forgot you had tickets online?

Roo69
27/10/2010, 11:51 AM
rovers home game (att. by Bray season ticket holders) against the bray reserves. Great!

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/news/35-news/1704-bray-tickets-sold-out

You completely forgot you had tickets online?

As far as i know, the club took this game off sale from ticketmaster so no tickets were sold through them (well unless people bought them weeks ago)

We'll have a 1000 plus home supporters at the game, like we do at all big home games against the likes of Rovers, Bohs, Pats etc...

Cuyahoga
27/10/2010, 12:42 PM
I wonder was temporary seating ever considered for this match like Rovers had for the Real Madrid game. They could be put behind the goal that is empty.

KK77
27/10/2010, 1:30 PM
I wonder was temporary seating ever considered for this match like Rovers had for the Real Madrid game. They could be put behind the goal that is empty.

Don't think this was ever an option from what i know.

Roo69
27/10/2010, 2:02 PM
I thought the temp stand would have been a good idea myself, we had it in about 5/6 years ago for a Friendly game against Everton. The place looked great and added another 800/1000 to the attendance.

I'm not sure if this has been looked into but maybe Bray/Rovers/FAI should have got together about it seeing as this is the biggest game of the season, League title will be won our lost on Friday night, the game is on the box, they really should have went all out in making it look as good as possible, but as i've said im not sure if this option has been looked into already and dis-guarded due to safety concerns.

superjohnny
27/10/2010, 3:25 PM
As far as i know, the club took this game off sale from ticketmaster so no tickets were sold through them (well unless people bought them weeks ago)

We'll have a 1000 plus home supporters at the game, like we do at all big home games against the likes of Rovers, Bohs, Pats etc...

the club only took it off ticketmaster on saturday afternoon by then there was probably 600-700 gone.

Roo69
28/10/2010, 3:08 PM
Bray Wandereres (http://www.braywanderers.ie/index.php?id=600&backPID=1&tt_news=1156) will be without four, and five others are doubtful for the clash with Shamrock Rovers on Friday night. Derek Prendergast (ankle), Sean Houston (thigh) and John Mulroy (hamstring), will all miss out, having failed to recover in time and Danny O'Connor serves a one match ban having reached four penalty points. There are doubts about Jake Kelly(hamstring), Dane Massey (shoulder), Chris Shields(knee), and Gary Shaw (hamstring), Pat Devlin will not make a decision on their fitness until Friday evening.

Speaking during the week, Director of Football at Bray Pat Devlin said that last Friday's game was a difficult one for Bray.He said, "It felt like we were in limbo and we didn't do well in the first half but I was glad with the improvement in the second. Then the score came in from Drogheda and we knew where we were, but on the night the better team won and they needed it more". Speaking about Friday night Devlin said "All we can do is put out strongest team available to us and do well for the Club and the League"

Great to get Danny's suspension out of the way with Tuesday in mind, not a chance I'd risk Jake or Chris again with Tuesday in mind.

hoops1
28/10/2010, 3:37 PM
It would be a terrible shame if anybody got injured before Tuesday.

Roo69
28/10/2010, 4:01 PM
It would be a terrible shame if anybody got injured before Tuesday.

That's true :D

Don't worry about us though, no matter who plays will be giving 100% and going out to beat Rovers :p It's all about Rovers not bottling it on the night

Cabinteelygull
28/10/2010, 9:05 PM
I'm quite worried that these guys are still carrying knocks. In particular Jake i know he got a run last week but we need the lads at full fitness for the playoff, seem to have been injured for the last few weeks with out full recovery:confused:

superjohnny
29/10/2010, 8:55 AM
I'm quite worried that these guys are still carrying knocks. In particular Jake i know he got a run last week but we need the lads at full fitness for the playoff, seem to have been injured for the last few weeks with out full recovery:confused:

He needs to be rested to recover, he gets a knock tonight and we are fu**d for tuesday.

KK77
29/10/2010, 8:59 AM
Heard the forecast is for loads of rain this afternoon. I just hope it stays away from Bray as normally any sort of rain and the pitch caves in!

Roo69
29/10/2010, 10:14 AM
Heard the forecast is for loads of rain this afternoon. I just hope it stays away from Bray as normally any sort of rain and the pitch caves in!

Fingers crossed it clears up a bit although it was bucketing down when i was leaving early this morning for work.

Interesting fact from RTE.ie about Bray v Rovers.... Shamrock Rovers are unbeaten in their last five visits to Bray in the league, but have they have also failed to score in five of their last six visits to the Carlisle Grounds in all competitions.

KK77
29/10/2010, 10:46 AM
Fingers crossed it clears up a bit although it was bucketing down when i was leaving early this morning for work.Interesting fact from RTE.ie about Bray v Rovers.... Shamrock Rovers are unbeaten in their last five visits to Bray in the league, but have they have also failed to score in five of their last six visits to the Carlisle Grounds in all competitions.

Yeah was in Bray this morning and it was bucketing down and the thought of previous games being called off due to the rain crossed my mind. I know it's a big if but how late would they leave it?? I suppose with it being the last game of the season they'd leave it as late as possible and Rovers not having far to travel as well.

Seagull
29/10/2010, 1:58 PM
Yeah was in Bray this morning and it was bucketing down and the thought of previous games being called off due to the rain crossed my mind. I know it's a big if but how late would they leave it?? I suppose with it being the last game of the season they'd leave it as late as possible and Rovers not having far to travel as well.

Rovers should be well used to a drop of water on the pitch after Juventus! Might be colder water here though...

Roo69
29/10/2010, 2:44 PM
It's still ****ing it down, the only good thing is that it will most likely keep away a few of the scrouts who might have turned up outside for a bit of mischievous devilment...

tippex
29/10/2010, 2:49 PM
I don't think a bit of rain will stop them if they've paid for their tickets.

Roo69
29/10/2010, 3:14 PM
I don't think a bit of rain will stop them if they've paid for their tickets.

I was thinking more of the extras that might turn up without a ticket and stand outside etc...

Anyway, the sun is out now and the rain has stopped (for the time being)

tippex
29/10/2010, 3:26 PM
see Roo thats why you are the brains of the operation lol

Yep brightened up in town now. Gonna be a tad surreal tonight.

Roo69
29/10/2010, 3:30 PM
2 years in a rows the title could be lifted at the Carlisle... 3rd time lucky for us next season :)

tippex
29/10/2010, 3:33 PM
I like the sound of that.
Really not impressed of having the trophy in the ground only to be handed to the opposition at the end of the game.

outspoken
29/10/2010, 9:14 PM
Hard luck lads you did yourselves proud only for that stupid linesman who knows

Stevo Da Gull
29/10/2010, 9:14 PM
A good result for both teams on the night. I was surprised to see how strong our team was and I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us after Shields and Mitchell appeared to pick up knocks.
Some of our supporters also let the club down tonight and may have killed some of our profit from the fixture by earning the club a fine.

The lads should be confident heading into the playoff tie, knowing that there's no team in the country we should fear.

outspoken
29/10/2010, 10:28 PM
A good result for both teams on the night. I was surprised to see how strong our team was and I hope it doesn't come back to haunt us after Shields and Mitchell appeared to pick up knocks.
Some of our supporters also let the club down tonight and may have killed some of our profit from the fixture by earning the club a fine.

The lads should be confident heading into the playoff tie, knowing that there's no team in the country we should
fear.

what happened?

Stevo Da Gull
29/10/2010, 10:48 PM
what happened?

Most notably an empty coke bottle was thrown onto the pitch in the direction of the linesman. A few things were thrown onto the pitch, mostly aimed at the Rovers mascot.
Also, after we scored our second some lad was ejected for his on pitch celebrations (sticking the fingers up at supporters).

naoise kennedy
29/10/2010, 10:52 PM
That was one of the best matches at the carlisle for a long time,, rovers were lucky tonight, a first half slip, a dodgy call for off side, rovers looked nervous tonight and rightly so, bray came out the stronger side and played some great football rovers where lost...

Graham kelly was fantastic tonight he controlled the mid field and was my man of the match.. great to see jake and gary getting the goals hopefully it will continue on tuesday.. on a negative side kelly seemed to have a calf injury and so did shields , hopefully they will clear up.. well done to rovers on winning the league and can't wait till tuesday....

peadar1987
30/10/2010, 12:28 AM
2 years in a rows the title could be lifted at the Carlisle... 3rd time lucky for us next season :)

Hopefully not the first division trophy!

outspoken
30/10/2010, 10:28 AM
IMO Hooperman (The rovers mascot) should have never been allowed to the game he was always going to cause issues ....He did give the place a great atmosphere and was brilliant on tv but something was always going to happen, as for the rovers fans they way they got up in bray players faces when taking throw ins was horrible everytime a bray player came to take a throw in the fingers would be in all different positions shall we say.....i know this is a common occurance at football matches these days but the rovers fans were just so close to the bray players it must have effected them....infact i seem to remember a bray player throwing a throw in straight out cause he was rushing to get away from the sideline.

Seagull
30/10/2010, 10:48 AM
IMO Hooperman (The rovers mascot) should have never been allowed to the game he was always going to cause issues ....H

Couldn't agree more, why he chose to spend most of the second half in front of the Bray supporters was beyond me. Maybe if he'd stayed on the other side they'd have set him on fire with the fireworks factory they managed to smuggle in!