PDA

View Full Version : Next years kit?

Pages : [1] 2

sorbothegreek
20/10/2010, 8:20 AM
I'd like to get peoples opinions on kit designs for next season so have a couple of questions that i'm looking for feedback on.

1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year?
2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away?
3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black?
4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend?

At this stage i'm just trying to guage opinion and i don't know for sure what options are open to us with our current supplier. Pauro is going to post some sample designs and hopefully we might be able to have a vote on them and see what people think.

As i said, even if we have one prefered option from the vote we might not be able to get it from the supplier, this as they say is just to get opinions.

facebook link to samples,

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/media/set/?o.9959957202

Longfordian
20/10/2010, 11:22 AM
They should be changed alright as they've been used for two seasons, or more in the case of the away kit, albeit with a one year gap. The home kit should always be red and black, the away kit could be changed for once alright, not too sure to what, we'd have to see some ideas. Personally, of the samples posted the red and black halves is nice enough and the red with thin black lines. Wouldn't be too gone on the others.

Pauro 76
20/10/2010, 11:40 AM
Personally I think the red with black sash is something different. The design will be unique to a League of Ireland team whilst still retaining the red and black... Debate is part of the fun, so when this is resolved, I'm open for ideas on the away kit... I'll try and start up a poll on this very section in a bit.

Longfordian
20/10/2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah that's not too bad either, 3rd choice for me.

Pauro 76
20/10/2010, 12:23 PM
http://polldaddy.com/poll/3955820/

This might be the best way to settle it. Useful for those not on Facebook or Foot.ie... What do ye reckon?

sorbothegreek
20/10/2010, 12:41 PM
That's grand but any sugestions as to how to get the word out to people not on here or on facebook? I don't want to put it up on the club site because as i said it's only to guage opinion..

Longfordian
20/10/2010, 1:16 PM
Boards.ie maybe as well. It's pretty difficult to get across a message to someone who's not on the net without it being official, there's also the problem of not being able to see the samples. Maybe the club should run a poll/competition if they are thinking of changing? Announce the winner at the Supporters Club Christmas draw or something. If it was official you could put the designs in the Leader as well. Obviously you'd have to liaise with the suppliers to see what they can do and when they'd need to know.

Pauro 76
20/10/2010, 1:42 PM
I'm on boards.ie, I'll put up a plug for it.

Pauro 76
20/10/2010, 2:49 PM
Hey, maybe put something about it on the Longford Leader webpage? It'll encourage a bit of voting anyway.

sorbothegreek
20/10/2010, 3:30 PM
Maybe, but as i said at this stage i'm really only looking to see if 'supporters' want a change; and if so to get an opinion on what they might go for.
I'm not going to go into what each potential supplier can do, just to say that all deals and therefore designs are more or less dependant on replica numbers and price. So for that reason you couldn't really hold an open competition.

I might get my clipboard out for friday and try get some opinions that way...

Acornvilla
20/10/2010, 3:42 PM
i like the slash, but short sleeved with black trim

Longfordian
20/10/2010, 3:54 PM
Maybe, but as i said at this stage i'm really only looking to see if 'supporters' want a change; and if so to get an opinion on what they might go for.
I'm not going to go into what each potential supplier can do, just to say that all deals and therefore designs are more or less dependant on replica numbers and price. So for that reason you couldn't really hold an open competition.

I might get my clipboard out for friday and try get some opinions that way...

Just to clarify I didn't mean a competition as regards people designing jerseys, that would be very impractical. I meant more of a vote on selected designs, the competition aspect would be more of a raffle where you raffle off a couple of jerseys to the entrants or something like that to encourage people to give their votes/opinions. I don't know, just a thought, it might create a bit of interest in it and may boost sales a bit.

howsyourtouch
20/10/2010, 4:09 PM
something along these lines http://www.jersey99.com/bmz_cache/b/b4735bb3dd03787ebbd96df9d9527336.image.258x320.jpg i think would be class, every time i seen it i always thought that would make a savage town jersey, think we need something different from the original stripes, everyone around town has one at this stage, even if its just for a couple of years.

on the away jerseys, i remember a few years ago, many many years back we had a white away jersey that was class, we only had it for a few seasons, was proteam, it must be 12 years ago at this stage because the brother was playin at the time and got one at the end of the season!

the sash one would be nice, like aussie rules or something but trying to get it made by the suppliers could be a different story!

on a different note, would they be ready by christmas or afterwards? remember the club used to open a shop in the run up to christmas and would make a good bit of money as people would buy jerseys and jumpers and stuff as stocking fillers.

always wanted a nice hoody myself as its what i would wear most but could never get one. just worth a thought.

on second thoughts the more i look at that sash the more i like it!

howsyourtouch
20/10/2010, 4:16 PM
seeing as we are back with umbro again what would be the chances of the club getting some of our jerseys into the FAI umbro shop on o'connell bridge in dublin now? its full of umbro kits from every other club in league of ireland with umbro jerseys and every time im in there i see tourists looking at the jerseys and buying them. a nice town jersey could see us selling a bit more and more money is good!!

again that would have to be up to the club to do something progressive!

Pauro 76
20/10/2010, 4:41 PM
Just to note, did the kits up in Photoshop using templates by Umbro over the last season or two. Not quite sure if they'll do it to those specs, but just for the purpose of the poll anyway.

sorbothegreek
20/10/2010, 5:12 PM
seeing as we are back with umbro again what would be the chances of the club getting some of our jerseys into the FAI umbro shop on o'connell bridge in dublin now? its full of umbro kits from every other club in league of ireland with umbro jerseys and every time im in there i see tourists looking at the jerseys and buying them. a nice town jersey could see us selling a bit more and more money is good!!

Some manufacturers will sell jersey's themselves with nothing in it for the club... A lot depends on your bargaining position.
Is getting fan input on what the team should wear for next season not progressive?

Pauro 76
20/10/2010, 5:35 PM
Are we the first LoI club to vote for the next season's kit? I know Bohs changed from stripes to all black one season but not sure if it was a fan vote.... Think it's a positive thing, something different. For example, Hull City change from stripes to pinstripes to plain, but still retain their amber and black. Villa are claret and blue, but have incorporated claret and blue stripes, claret body and blue sleeves, it varies. Change isn't always a bad thing and in our case, it's good publicity, it's getting people talking.

outspoken
20/10/2010, 5:42 PM
I dont think we should change from the red and black and striped jersey and i would love to see a return of towns away jersey from last season with the blue going across the chest but if i had to pick my favorites from the above they would be the red and black half and the red and black hoops but rovers might not be happy with us wearing that lol and i have to say the sash is growing on me so its a hard decision for who ever has to make it but my vote is to stick with red and black stripes

Pauro 76
20/10/2010, 6:47 PM
Think the away kit options will be a lot of fun, looking forward to the upcoming options on that when it happens. This might be a good look for us actually... AC Milan 80's style..

http://i56.tinypic.com/11sebky.jpg

Martinho II
20/10/2010, 6:49 PM
1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year?change all of the kits for next season
2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away?yes definitely
3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black? in ranking order 1.red and black halves,2.red and black quarters 3. red and black hoops 4.red and black sash 5.red and black pinstripes.red and black halves town had a jersey similar to that in I think was the 95-96 season...
4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend? changing it to white..

Martinho II
20/10/2010, 6:54 PM
[QUOTE=howsyourtouch;1414544]
on the away jerseys, i remember a few years ago, many many years back we had a white away jersey that was class, we only had it for a few seasons, was proteam, it must be 12 years ago at this stage because the brother was playin at the time and got one at the end of the season!

yeah howsyourtouch that one would have being the 98-99 season one..We had a class away kit the time we played St Pats in the league cup in Incicore which made the loi annual that season..

howsyourtouch
20/10/2010, 8:07 PM

Some manufacturers will sell jersey's themselves with nothing in it for the club... A lot depends on your bargaining position.
Is getting fan input on what the team should wear for next season not progressive?

it is progressive thinking, very forward thinking and a smart move by the club seeing as we will be the ones buying them and i comend you on your work regarding this.

it was the marketing of the club in this particular store i was on about, and as i understand it the clubs do makes back some money from this venture as the shop is trading with their badges and logo's, and the clubs can also point this out in shirt sponsorship deals, saying oh look we have our jersey in this store open to how many potential customers and therefore more coverage for our sponsors which in turn could garnish us more money from shirt sponsorship if you get my drift!

this particular matter would be up to the club and not us supporters. please dont get me wrong!

L.T.F.C.
20/10/2010, 8:10 PM
1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year? Yes.
2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away? Never.
3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black? No.
4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend? Back to this:
http://foot.ie/images/avatars/elkits/kit-longford-home-2006.png

To be fair all those sample jerseys look like the ones you get when you make your own team on FIFA. They are terrible.

outspoken
20/10/2010, 8:58 PM
Found this kit by accident on google images a few months back I think it would be the greatest jersey of all time but its only a fantasy made by somebody in football manager or something but who ever made it is a genius its class id love to see it made even if it was just for the person that designed it but anyway here it is.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=138487372858793&set=t.100000925927561

howsyourtouch
20/10/2010, 8:59 PM
1. Do you think we should change any of our kit's for next season or should we stay with the two used this year? Yes.
2. If we are to change kit would you be open to the idea of moving away from red and black stripes for home and yellow and blue for away? Never.
3. For a home kit which of these options would you prefer, red and black halves, red & black quarters, red & black hoops, red with black trim, or possibly a sash of red or black? Does it even have to be red & black? No.
4. If you think the away jersey should be changed what would you recommend? Back to this:
http://foot.ie/images/avatars/elkits/kit-longford-home-2006.png

To be fair all those sample jerseys look like the ones you get when you make your own team on FIFA. They are terrible.

to be fair we only have the yellow and blue or blue and yellow for the last couple of years, we had some lovely white away jerseys, i wouldnt see yellow and blue/blue and yellow as "our" away colour, more like a new fangled thing!

outspoken
20/10/2010, 9:02 PM
to be fair we only have the yellow and blue or blue and yellow for the last couple of years, we had some lovely white away jerseys, i wouldnt see yellow and blue/blue and yellow as "our" away colour, more like a new fangled thing!

Why dont we go all modern and get a pink away jersey it seems to becoming quite prominent and the sales of it in the everton club shop are very high and ive got to say the wexford youths pink jersey is one of my favorite in the league but maybe it wouldnt be right i dont know its just a thought

Rocky77
20/10/2010, 10:30 PM
Stephen Kenny (*genuflects*) changed the away colours to coincide with the county GAA colours as a means of reaching out to the greater Co Longford sporting community. Worked for him in what he was building at the club at the time. Makes sense, to me anyway, to try and retain whatever we can in that regard, even if that feel-good factor has long since died.
My tuppence worth: I'd prefer a blue away strip with yellow trim, as opposed to a yellow away strip with blue trim

Cabs88
20/10/2010, 10:36 PM
Out of interest how much of every jersey the town sells go back to the town?! Im not sure if we need a new jersey, but should we get one, I hope they are a lot easier to get next year than this..

If we must get a new jersey, surely the club could tie in with longford GAA and create a venture similar to what waterford did bringing out both jersies at the same time

L.T.F.C.
21/10/2010, 3:31 AM
On the away jersey thing, I think this kit was our nicest. Its class.

Pauro 76
21/10/2010, 4:32 AM
Found this kit by accident on google images a few months back I think it would be the greatest jersey of all time but its only a fantasy made by somebody in football manager or something but who ever made it is a genius its class id love to see it made even if it was just for the person that designed it but anyway here it is.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=138487372858793&set=t.100000925927561

I really like that.

Short of actually making the sample jersies, not sure what else could have been done there. In any case, any time I've seen this attempted before, it's just been dodgy line drawings which look a hell of a lot worse IMO.

Why dont we go all modern and get a pink away jersey it seems to becoming quite prominent and the sales of it in the everton club shop are very high and ive got to say the wexford youths pink jersey is one of my favorite in the league but maybe it wouldnt be right i dont know its just a thought

I'm sure we'd be accused of jumping on the Youths bandwagon, it's something unique to them and fair play to them for that. I'd be happy with going back to blue and gold or even all white...

Pauro 76
21/10/2010, 9:50 AM
Incidentally the pinstripes are winning at a canter at the moment.

Macy
21/10/2010, 10:29 AM
Can't see the kits at work, will try and have a nose tonight.

Personally I'd prefer to go back to white away jerseys (with a red and black sash?). I'm not sure going to county colours really worked anyway - just meant that the bandwagons could get away with their GAA top at cup finals rather than feeling the need to buy something off the club (sorry to blasphem against St. Kenny :rolleyes: ).

Pink tops are awful - so what if a load of divvy scousers think wearing a pink Everton top makes them metro sexual just because it goes with the garish shell suit?

howsyourtouch
21/10/2010, 10:37 AM
something like this for away jersey would be absolutely class i think!

http://i40.tinypic.com/jiersj.jpg

imagine how well they would sell!

Longfordian
21/10/2010, 10:45 AM
Nice jersey not sure I could take to it given it's a City jersey however.

Macy
21/10/2010, 11:06 AM
Nice jersey not sure I could take to it given it's a City jersey however.
That crossed my mind as I suggested it, but the first FCUM away kit was white with a black sash, so that's how I justified it! :)

Longfordian
21/10/2010, 11:17 AM
As long as we don't put on stars above our crest "because it looks good" we'd be alright I suppose.

pineapple stu
21/10/2010, 11:52 AM
Think the away kit options will be a lot of fun, looking forward to the upcoming options on that when it happens. This might be a good look for us actually... AC Milan 80's style..

http://i56.tinypic.com/11sebky.jpg
Stylish alright. Would the peaked cap not cause problems with heading though?

Macy
21/10/2010, 12:41 PM
Stylish alright. Would the peaked cap not cause problems with heading though?
It would aid the total football philosophy we're currently pursuing...

ltfc_2004
21/10/2010, 12:59 PM
I say far play to the club for opening a discussion on the jerseys for next season. As I posted on the Poll I went for the Quarters but buyers remorse now and think the sash jersey looks good.

As for away since it doesn't matter too much how about the bumble bee design like Dortmund or what about an all black jersey with a white hoop for the sponsors logo

Pauro 76
21/10/2010, 1:29 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2n8c41y.jpg
White away kit with sash. Bit too similar to City, but it may just catch on.

http://i55.tinypic.com/20ixjja.jpg
Longford metrosexuals are go.

Macy
21/10/2010, 2:11 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2n8c41y.jpg
White away kit with sash. Bit too similar to City, but it may just catch on.
Bitteresque or not, it still looks good.

http://i55.tinypic.com/20ixjja.jpg
Longford metrosexuals are go.
Rotten.

Pauro 76
21/10/2010, 2:18 PM
Bitteresque or not, it still looks good.

Rotten.

If the sash doesn't make the home kit, I'd love that as the away kit. The pink one was just for the laugh. Maybe it might suit Scumlone better.

pineapple stu
21/10/2010, 2:21 PM
How are ye doing up these mock kit designs, by the way? Looks like great fun if nothing else!

howsyourtouch
21/10/2010, 2:25 PM
would like to know aswell,need to kill some time and it looks like a bit of craic!

L.T.F.C.
21/10/2010, 3:48 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/16a8cbk.jpg
This is one I cooked up in a few mins.
Its grand, but the main thing for me is that the stripes are still there.

L.T.F.C.
21/10/2010, 4:03 PM
I'll make up a rar file with the approx 100 templates i have... gimme a while.
Any filesharing sites preferable?

outspoken
21/10/2010, 4:08 PM
Ok so the pink is a no go but I've got to say the man city style jersey looks really nice I could definetely go for that.

outspoken
21/10/2010, 4:11 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/16a8cbk.jpg
This is one I cooked up in a few mins.
Its grand, but the main thing for me is that the stripes are still there.

no offense mate but I hate it , how fo you create these I'd love to give it ago and no pink I promise lol

Pauro 76
21/10/2010, 4:15 PM
Not sure I should put up the link here, it's not filesharing though. PM me if anyone wants it, all you need is Photoshop.

L.T.F.C.
21/10/2010, 4:29 PM
no offense mate but I hate it , how fo you create these I'd love to give it ago and no pink I promise lol
No problem. Just throwing **** out there.