PDA

View Full Version : Remember this?

Éanna
07/05/2004, 3:02 PM
the world's most idiotic banner ever! (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l.maguire4/jun/corky/Corky.JPG)

eoinh
07/05/2004, 3:07 PM
why, what does it say? :)

Éanna
07/05/2004, 3:08 PM
think it might be the name of the pats manager, I'm not sure

tiktok
07/05/2004, 3:16 PM
well i still think that was funny :D

what happened to the 'ni neart go cur le cheile' (please please forgive my irsh) banner they were slagging Dolan with last season.

Happy families??? ;)

Dodge
07/05/2004, 3:21 PM
You weren't supposed to like it...

Only the other night a Rovers fan congratulated me on it (even though it wasn't my design...)

A face
07/05/2004, 3:26 PM
I just thought that you'd be able to come up with something better. It was lame really, any other efforts SEI ever made were totally undermined by it. Humour for people with an IQ of 12, but if it makes the Pats fans laugh, then fair play. ..

Dodge
07/05/2004, 3:34 PM
lads, you realise that any criticism coming from Cork fans about a banner slagging off Cork fans is ridiculous and futile....

And all football humour is base at aimed at the LCD (literally in this case) so relax, sit back and enjoy the rest of the country laughing at you....

:)

WeAreRovers
07/05/2004, 3:54 PM
You weren't supposed to like it...

Only the other night a Rovers fan congratulated me on it (even though it wasn't my design...)

Sssshhhh!!!! People will begin to talk. ;)

I get enough grief at Rovers for being "mates" with Chippie and I've never even met the bloke. :rolleyes:

You're right about the banner though and the fact that the Corkies are still talking about it speaks volumes....

KOH

pete
07/05/2004, 4:05 PM

Its ok he probably couldn't read it either :o

ccfc till i die
10/05/2004, 10:31 AM
lads, you realise that any criticism coming from Cork fans about a banner slagging off Cork fans is ridiculous and futile....

And all football humour is base at aimed at the LCD (literally in this case) so relax, sit back and enjoy the rest of the country laughing at you....

:)

By the rest of the country you mean the 5 or 6 pats fans who usually make the journey. By the way lads I thought that banner was quite funny

Ozymandias
10/05/2004, 12:48 PM
I thought it was funny myself....someone went to alot of effort......I laughed when I saw it

the 12 th man
10/05/2004, 12:57 PM
the world's most idiotic banner ever! (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l.maguire4/jun/corky/Corky.JPG)

laugh.i thought id never start :eek:

Dricky
10/05/2004, 1:29 PM

Tis good almost as good funny as E collins as a manager.........

A face
10/05/2004, 4:26 PM

Yeah .... in a nutshell !!

I mean if they copied an Italian or Dutch or Spanish idea or something but that was lame, and on the strenght of it being so lame, people are talking about it. Fair enough .... if thats what you want to be known for, you are only as good as you last banner ..... a truer word was never said. SEI my árse.

razor
11/05/2004, 7:38 AM
Tis good almost as good funny as E collins as a manager.........
Or even funnier R Collins as manager
:D

Dodge
11/05/2004, 9:22 AM
if thats what you want to be known for, you are only as good as you last banner ..... a truer word was never said. SEI my árse.
'twasn't our last banner though was it?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l.maguire4/jun/cheerio1.JPG

wws
11/05/2004, 9:28 AM
never ceases to make me laugh - still grating with the corkies ages after the game - let it go boys

sei trivia - did you know that the 'cheerio homeless..." bit is actually painted on to the reverse of the cork one above????

as for the someone went to a lot of effort quote above - note to corkies - to lash a bit of white paint onto a red material takes about 10 minutes and costs no more than 20 euro - it doesnt require an internet poll, 50 designs, or any contributions to a bank account

SEI - REAL FANS!

SO LONG MUGGOS

pete
11/05/2004, 9:34 AM
'twasn't our last banner though was it?

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/l.maguire4/jun/cheerio1.JPG

:confused:

Where are the Homeless playing this season?

;)

wws
11/05/2004, 9:39 AM
its a one of banner to slag them ffs not a rolling predictions book! :)

Dodge
11/05/2004, 9:51 AM
:confused:

Where are the Homeless playing this season?

;)
We use it every game, its a security thing and part of the UEFA license

Éanna
11/05/2004, 10:17 AM
never ceases to make me laugh - still grating with the corkies ages after the game - let it go boys

nah, I was just wandering around on the SEinvisibles site lookin at the pics (some very good ones btw) and i found it. thought it was worth laughing at again, thats all

WeAreRovers
11/05/2004, 11:33 AM
We use it every game, its a security thing and part of the UEFA license

:D :D :D :D

KOH