PDA

View Full Version : Cup Final thread - No. 2 in an annual series

Fivesilver
19/10/2010, 8:15 AM
Got my flights booked. So, on the assumption that availability of tickets isn't going to be a major issue, are we going to be able to pack a good crowd of the Bit o' Red's fans into the same part of the ground, preferably in clear view of the TV cameras?

gustavo
19/10/2010, 9:24 AM
At least there won't be a mad panic this year to get tickets - I think we should probably bring more this year than last given the larger capacity and the fact that it's in the new Lansdowne will bring along a few more fairweather fans

Dodge
19/10/2010, 10:02 AM
Tonight's game will determine whether or not I wish you well in it but...

According to reports from pats, the FAI will only be opening the lower tiers in Lansdowne. makes sense IMo

shellyriver
19/10/2010, 10:47 AM
Forza Lads aka The Sligo Soccer Choir

Let's hope that Rovers bring about 10 thousand supporters (armchairs and barstoolies all welcome, and lets hope they stay to enjoy the trip for a little while after Cup). Such a number would give the club a real boost into the next season and if, as stated by pundits, that Sligo Rovers' football represents an evolution of Irish soccer, they may well get a decent European run.

Wherever, the Sligo following are located at Lansdowne I hope that the Forza faithful are slap back in the middle. At one stage during Bohs game, along with the straight out of the traps chants and applause, after the goal there was an unremitting barrage of noise for about 5 minutes -- never experienced this at league of Ireland, ever, heart-pounding exciting, it was a brilliant atmosphere. As there was roughly 1,000 Sligo there, imagine the noise from 10,000?

Don't care who's in final -- I'd image Shamrock Rovers would bring a bigger crowd -- so you're more likely to have plus 20,000 attendance (particularly if Bohs hold their nerve and win league. Shamrocks 'as Cook-ie so eloquently states it' will then want some success this season and hopefully come out in bigger numbers. Anyways, we'll have a mini-Cup Final with the last game of the league against St Pats - so, yeah, I am hoping its Shamrocks in the final and after the Chris Turner saga we have the last laugh.

Come on 'The Little Bit A Red' -- 2010 FAI CUP WINNERS!!!!!

avvenalaf
20/10/2010, 11:34 PM
Shams in final. How sweet it is.

Longshanks
21/10/2010, 10:27 AM
as a boyhood Shams fan can i say it will only be sweet if Sligo win it.

as a 12/13 yr lad I used to cycle over to Milltown with me mate early on a Sunday morning for the home games. We used to give 'Sherlock' the groundskeeper a hand setting everything up, it was great, used to be in the dressing rooms with the great Shamrock rovers teams of the mid-80's before and after games. Got our hands on all the trophys etc. Great times indeed. then they sold the ground, KRAM, on pitch sit-ins etc.....turned me back on them when they went Northside, I've only seen them once since, thier first game in the RDS.

living in Sligo for 10+ years now, get into the Showgrounds the odd time, far from a regular attendee. here's hoping that next year I get to see an extended run in Europe next year as FAI Cup winners.

C'mon the Bit 'o Red

gustavo
22/10/2010, 11:12 AM
Apparently Richie Ryan and Matthew Blinkhorn will miss out through suspension :( Absolutely sickening for the 2 lads :

avvenalaf
22/10/2010, 11:36 AM
Apparently Richie Ryan and Matthew Blinkhorn will miss out through suspension :( Absolutely sickening for the 2 lads :

Sickening for the 10000 lads, I'd say. Game over. We're f*c*ed

Fivesilver
22/10/2010, 2:38 PM
Curious about this. I'm not saying there's anything iffy about it, but why did it take until a week after the semi to find out?

Nah Nah Nah Nah
22/10/2010, 4:50 PM
The Football Association of Ireland today (October 22nd) announced that tickets for the FAI Ford Cup final will go on sale to supporters at the discounted rates of €10 and €5 to mark the first FAI Ford Cup final at Aviva Stadium.

Tickets will be distributed to Sligo Rovers and Shamrock Rovers next Wednesday, October 27th, and will go on sale through club outlets later that week.

Two time cup winners Sligo Rovers will be looking to make up for the disappointment of coming so close to cup glory last year when they were beaten in the final by Sporting Fingal. The Bit O’Red will face 24-times cup winners Shamrock Rovers in this season’s FAI Ford Cup final, the first to take place at the new Aviva Stadium. The Hoops have not lifted this trophy since 1987 and will be desperate to end their long wait for their 25th FAI Ford Cup success.

The final will take place in Aviva Stadium on November 14 and will kick off at 3.30pm. To mark the occasion of the first FAI Ford Cup final at Aviva Stadium, ticket prices will be €10 for adults and €5 for Under-16s.

The final will be the first to take place in the new Aviva Stadium and will mark a resumption of Cup finals played in the old Lansdowne Road after 11 were played there between 1990 and 2006.

Fivesilver
30/10/2010, 10:08 AM
Plane ticket sorted, match ticket sorted, can't wait. :plane: :ball: :)

steve68
02/11/2010, 5:03 PM
Apart from the Bus Eireann coaches , does anyone know of a coach from North Sligo, I can book 2 seats on for the final

dfx-
03/11/2010, 1:38 PM
Well done, very well saved, Sligo fan.

How do you intend to get to the ground?

shellyriver
03/11/2010, 5:59 PM
Do what most Shamrock Rovers fans do on the Luas, hop on and off without paying. As for the rest of the journey, arrived in style via one of those 7 Up Rickshaws drawn by seven of scrawnest Hoops fans that can be pressed into action whilst undergoing community service for dangerous wielding of a black umbrella?

dfx-
03/11/2010, 7:12 PM
Is that you pauliek (http://foot.ie/threads/139995-Tallaght-Rent-Boys-Fri-3rd-Sept.?p=1393677&viewfull=1#post1393677)?

:D

My favourite post of any Sligo fan ever

shellyriver
03/11/2010, 10:18 PM
Yeah, well that's the option I got when punched in AA FAI Skanger Route Planner. Adieu!

sligo23
04/11/2010, 8:24 AM
Is that you pauliek (http://foot.ie/threads/139995-Tallaght-Rent-Boys-Fri-3rd-Sept.?p=1393677&viewfull=1#post1393677)?

:D

My favourite post of any Sligo fan ever
My favourite was his gem about the plane;)

shellyriver
04/11/2010, 12:22 PM
Come on The Little Bit A Red.:D

Rasputin
05/11/2010, 9:17 AM
My favourite was his gem about the plane;)
Probably the best post on the internet, ever.
It even got its own thread on the Shams forum where all the Shams lads took off time from lighting burning crosses to act all indignant, quality.