PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Kick off time

Pages : [1] 2

Paul03
07/05/2004, 1:25 PM
Ok I'm not gonna moan two much seein as the FAI have lined up the sweetest away game possible but anyone else a little unimpressed by how late the match kicks off? 8.30pm local time?

Whilst I'm there to watch the boys first and foremost I can't guarantee I'll be in any fit state to find the stadium come 8.30. :)

only1kilbane
07/05/2004, 1:27 PM
Game changed to 8pm local time if that makes it slightly better for you now !

Daxion
07/05/2004, 1:46 PM
Game changed to 8pm local time if that makes it slightly better for you now !

After what went on in Poland, Senior members of the RISSC might fall asleep, seen as that game KO'ed 6pm local time, God only knows what they will do with 2 extra hours :D

NeilMcD
07/05/2004, 2:24 PM
suits me as i arrive in rotterdam at 4 so its grand by me.

slow2anger
08/05/2004, 12:15 AM
After what went on in Poland, Senior members of the RISSC might fall asleep, seen as that game KO'ed 6pm local time, God only knows what they will do with 2 extra hours :D
30 seconds will be enough for them I think!!!!

petef
10/05/2004, 10:50 AM
We get in on Friday! God knows what we'll be like come kick off tho I'm with the gf so prob be civilised, first time away watching a match (1st time had the money to do it!) expecting a good one guys!, dont leave till Monday either :) Anyone heard back from the FAI about tickets yet, sent the app off ages back.

lopez
10/05/2004, 12:33 PM
We get in on Friday! God knows what we'll be like come kick off tho I'm with the gf so prob be civilised, first time away watching a match (1st time had the money to do it!) expecting a good one guys!, dont leave till Monday either :) Anyone heard back from the FAI about tickets yet, sent the app off ages back.The London RISSC have got every ticket they asked for. Not sounding like a self-pitying baby here, but we're usually bottom of the pile with the FAI. It is a friendly and the Dutch didn't turn out for the competitive game four years ago, so I'd say you're in luck.

Daxion
10/05/2004, 1:18 PM
first time away watching a match (1st time had the money to do it!) expecting a good one guys!

I hope you become a convert to going to away games, it is like a drug, fcuking addictive!

sylvo
10/05/2004, 3:35 PM
I hope you become a convert to going to away games, it is like a drug, fcuking addictive!

Ampt description Dax ma man with regard's where the next game is, mind you with regard's to the kick off time's i reakon they could play the game @ 11am and everyone would find someway way of turnning up buckeled, i nearly forgot dax 3-2, 3-2, 3-2, 3-twoooo :D .

Daxion
10/05/2004, 4:27 PM
i nearly forgot dax 3-2, 3-2, 3-2, 3-twoooo :D .

I was wondering when you'd stick your boot in, barsteward. :ball: :mad: :(

petef
10/05/2004, 6:06 PM
Never been to Amsterdam either! Bring it on. Anyway, Whats the pub to go to on the Sat?

sylvo
10/05/2004, 8:12 PM
I was wondering when you'd stick your boot in, barsteward. :ball: :mad: :(

We are top of the league, we are top of the league, that was the second 90th minute goal on saturday that had me disco dancing Dax.

Daxion
11/05/2004, 1:07 PM
Never been to Amsterdam either! Bring it on. Anyway, Whats the pub to go to on the Sat?

When I was there for Euro 2000, found a Pub called Pinocko (not the correct spelling) after the cartoon character. It was the only one that was open till late (2PM). From the Central station go straight down the main drag, 1st left across the canal, go pass the "Coffee Shop" (cannot remember the name of it) turn left and then the pub is on the right hand side, about 50-80 metres from the weed house. :cool:

Daxion
11/05/2004, 1:10 PM
We are top of the league, we are top of the league, that was the second 90th minute goal on saturday that had me disco dancing Dax.

Hey, 90th minute junkie, Some famous football quote, once said it's a marathon not a sprint, lets see if the Kildare donkies are in the top 3 come October. :D

Schumi
11/05/2004, 2:35 PM
We are top of the league, we are top of the league
Don't get too comfy there. :)

sylvo
11/05/2004, 3:43 PM
Hey, 90th minute junkie, Some famous football quote, once said it's a marathon not a sprint, lets see if the Kildare donkies are in the top 3 come October. :D

That's fighting talk Dax, we shall talk about this over a couple of jar's friday week @ the meeting, i take back everything i said about one red army being a cracking book, it only slightly made me laugh, ;) .

Schumi no way are we getting to comfy this season, we were comfy in the top four last season for most of it, only to have a brain storm, and fall out of it with three game's to go. :eek: and out of the play off place's.

4tothefloor
11/05/2004, 5:28 PM
Schumi no way are we getting to comfy this season, we were comfy in the top four last season for most of it, only to have a brain storm, and fall out of it with three game's to go. :eek: and out of the play off place's.

Indeed, and how sweet it was :D

sylvo
11/05/2004, 11:09 PM
Indeed, and how sweet it was :D

I have to admit i took my hat off to yer with that comeback as much as it hurt, when you came to the stadio via stazione last september to play us yer did'nt even have any sub's and yer should have beaten us that night. :eek:

sylvo
12/05/2004, 12:36 PM
So Ajax Amsterdam are now in the EL First Div.,now?! :D

No their not, but neither are St James Gate. :(

sylvo
12/05/2004, 12:49 PM
Hey we're not doing bad crowd wise, have yer ever been to the stadio via stazione in Newbridge, sure there's room for improvement, but show me a club in the el that don't need improvement when it come's to crowd's.

sylvo
12/05/2004, 4:02 PM
Yer on with that one dav, are yer any use with a kango hammer btw. :rolleyes:

the 12 th man
12/05/2004, 4:16 PM
[QUOTE=sylvo]Hey we're not doing bad crowd wise, have yer ever been to the stadio via stazione in Newbridge, sure there's room for QUOTE]

yeah ive been to a lot worse.could do with more seating though.
on the lookout for cheap labour for "south fork" again i see ;)

petef
12/05/2004, 4:25 PM
Talk about thread hijacking!

Daxion
12/05/2004, 7:06 PM
Talk about thread hijacking!

Blame it on the SYLVO :D

slow2anger
13/05/2004, 12:57 AM
Hey we're not doing bad crowd wise, have yer ever been to the stadio via stazione in Newbridge, sure there's room for improvement, but show me a club in the el that don't need improvement when it come's to crowd's.
The only thing worth seeing in Newbridge is the dog track (not much difference from the "stadium" really!). I grew up and went to school in the kip!

slow2anger
13/05/2004, 1:02 AM
Sylvo, I rest my case:

http://kildarecountyfc.com/stadium/index.asp

lopez
13/05/2004, 10:19 AM
Sylvo, I rest my case:

http://kildarecountyfc.com/stadium/index.aspNice dog track. Can we have a picture of the stadio via stazzione please? :D

sylvo
13/05/2004, 1:03 PM
Blame it on the SYLVO :D

:D :D :D .

sylvo
13/05/2004, 1:13 PM
[QUOTE=sylvo]

yeah ive been to a lot worse.could do with more seating though.
on the lookout for cheap labour for "south fork" again i see ;)

12TH ma man, i know only to well when i do make the big move back, that one evening when i'll be in the sunroom in the west wing, listening to me big Tom record's that they'll be a knock on the door and i'll find Davros has called round for a holiday, so i'm gonna get him over to build his accomadation, that way with the kango hammer going i won't be able to hear him kicking off and arguing. :eek: . We won't talk about that result on tuesday. :rolleyes:

sylvo
13/05/2004, 1:25 PM
The only thing worth seeing in Newbridge is the dog track (not much difference from the "stadium" really!). I grew up and went to school in the kip!

Hey mr slow2anger or should i say quick2dissnewbridge, i can't speak on behalf of the local chamber of commerce of newbe, but maybe yer should have gone to school in Kilcock, all my cousin's that are @ school there or have been to school there say they have had or are having a great time :D , talk to yer friday week about the stadio via stazione, :D and amsterdam.

lopez
13/05/2004, 1:34 PM
Getting back to H'amsterdam and the game against Jamaica, anyone thinking they are going to be absolutely hashed between Wednesday and Sunday. I'm just wondering as the IOC doping committee at work always seem to pay people visits if they hear they've been to either Amsterdam or drinking with Jamaicans. I got away with it last time with Tony Boloney and Youghal Kev in that cafe with the bloke with the big cigarette and the Padraig Pearse hat in the window, as I thought the only vegetables in the cake were carrots. Kind of jealous? Yeah! :(

sylvo
13/05/2004, 1:40 PM
Was that the night before the match, because i do remember yer doing a Richard Ashcroft like walk, that he done in the verve's ''bitter sweet syphonie'' but about a hundred time's faster. :p :eek:

the 12 th man
13/05/2004, 4:41 PM
one evening when i'll be in the sunroom in the west wing, listening to me big Tom record's that they'll be a knock on the door and i'll find Davros so i'm gonna get him over to build his accomadation,

might i suggest (re your starter chateau) sound proofing and padded walls for said room.then he can argue all he likes then and you wont hear a thing :)

slow2anger
14/05/2004, 12:31 AM
Hey mr slow2anger or should i say quick2dissnewbridge, i can't speak on behalf of the local chamber of commerce of newbe, but maybe yer should have gone to school in Kilcock, all my cousin's that are @ school there or have been to school there say they have had or are having a great time :D , talk to yer friday week about the stadio via stazione, :D and amsterdam.Sylvo, check it out:

http://www.igb.ie/stadia/nwb.aspx

Newbridge's finest stadium!:D:D:D

lopez
14/05/2004, 12:39 AM
Was that the night before the match, because i do remember yer doing a Richard Ashcroft like walk, that he done in the verve's ''bitter sweet syphonie'' but about a hundred time's faster.Dunno what you're on about. Me and the two spacers were in no mood to do anything in a hurry, especially think, let alone walk.

Sylvo, check it out:

Newbridge's finest stadium!Now that's more like it! :eek:

sylvo
14/05/2004, 11:21 AM
Sylvo, check it out:

Newbridge's finest stadium!:D:D:D

Nice stadium it is i most say S2A, but we hav'nt gone to the dog's yet,
think we'll stick with the stadium of light, the stadio via stazione.

sylvo
14/05/2004, 11:38 AM
[QUOTE=lopez]Dunno what you're on about. Me and the two spacers were in no mood to do anything in a hurry, especially think, let alone walk.

Well yer made a quick recovery,seeing yer were dancing round the bar's till 5am, most have been something in that bob marley christmas cake :p :D .

Back to the subject :rolleyes: , would give plenty of time getting out to the stadium, i'm sure there won't be as many Irish fan's as was there in 2000 but there will be a massive support all the same and the mayhem outside the ground with us all having to go through a small handfull of turnstile's where you have to put yer ticket into a machine like a banklink machine just lead to mayhem and a lot of people getting in late for kick off, after that time i'll be down @ the ground having a pint @ the Ajax bar very early that evening.

Junior
14/05/2004, 12:23 PM
[/QUOTE]after that time i'll be down @ the ground having a pint @ the Ajax bar very early that evening.[/QUOTE]

reminds me of the photo that Big 'Brummie' Mick had taken at that very bar after the game in 2000. It wasn't until he got back and had his photos developed he spotted a big ****in rangers jersey in the background, he was raging.

It turns out that all former Ajax players send back signed jerseys of their new teams, I think it was Laudrups or someone like that :D :D :D

lopez
14/05/2004, 12:32 PM
Well yer made a quick recovery,seeing yer were dancing round the bar's till 5am, most have been something in that bob marley christmas cake.That was the red bull and vodka I was taking to get me back up to stretch.

...after that time i'll be down @ the ground having a pint @ the Ajax bar very early that evening.Yeah I remember that bar with the bloke from Groningen who got a bit upset that the only cultural thing I knew about his town was the 'Sh*t Museum' I had seen on Eurotrash: 'Yesh, we know about that playsh, but there are other good musheumsh in Groningen. There'sh more to the town than what shelebritiesh have left in their toiletsh.' :D And his mate who was slagging off 'that layshy bum Sheerdorf (??)' (looks like the non-Gay bloke in eighties butch group, Imagination) even though it was his second half appearance that 'shaved their arshesh!' :rolleyes:

sylvo
14/05/2004, 8:54 PM
reminds me of the photo that Big 'Brummie' Mick had taken at that very bar after the game in 2000. It wasn't until he got back and had his photos developed he spotted a big ****in rangers jersey in the background, he was raging.

It turns out that all former Ajax players send back signed jerseys of their new teams, I think it was Laudrups or someone like that :D :D :D[/QUOTE]

Yea mr Pat O'Banton was stopped by member's of the rissc polit burea of taking that garment away with him. :eek:

Pat O' Banton
14/05/2004, 11:03 PM
...and I still feel victimised, I mean imagine denying me my right to make a complete tw*t of myself in public. Still I'm sure that I have made up for it on other occasions! :p

lopez
14/05/2004, 11:59 PM
...and I still feel victimised, I mean imagine denying me my right to make a complete tw*t of myself in public. Still I'm sure that I have made up for it on other occasions! :pNot quite as much of a tw*t as I made of myself when I put on Take Pr*t in the car when you were up with me and Sylvo by the wall. ;)

4tothefloor
15/05/2004, 2:08 AM
My bas.tard friends have just pulled out of our Amsterdam trip :mad:. They're (3) all going to the Romania game, but have decided that the 'Dam is a frontier too far. Well ****ed off now, have my tickets and flights booked already :( . Still determined to go in spite of the ****s, but badly in need of some drinking buddies to meet up with in the 'Dam now. Who's going from here? :confused:

Pat O' Banton
15/05/2004, 10:12 AM
Not quite as much of a tw*t as I made of myself when I put on Take Pr*t in the car when you were up with me and Sylvo by the wall. ;)

Don't worry remember other things about that day

The performance of the ref at the Supporters Club game that day.
That it appeared like the huns supporters club had spent a life time putting too much starch in the right arms of their shell suits.
The tans getting stuffed at home by Denmark.
And finally a cabby who asked us how much we wanted to pay. :eek:

So all in all puting Take Tw*t on was a fairly minor indiscretion.

petef
15/05/2004, 5:52 PM
My bas.tard friends have just pulled out of our Amsterdam trip :mad:. They're (3) all going to the Romania game, but have decided that the 'Dam is a frontier too far. Well ****ed off now, have my tickets and flights booked already :( . Still determined to go in spite of the ****s, but badly in need of some drinking buddies to meet up with in the 'Dam now. Who's going from here? :confused:

Sounds like everyones going, I'm sure we'll find out the recommended venues nearer the day. Anyone got their tickets yet from the FAI?

Paulie
17/05/2004, 9:42 AM
Sounds like everyones going, I'm sure we'll find out the recommended venues nearer the day. Anyone got their tickets yet from the FAI?

Nothing yet. To be fair though the deadline for postal applications was only last Friday.

NeilMcD
17/05/2004, 2:53 PM
i was at the Fai office today they are posting them out this week, either tue or wed and everybody who applied for tickets is getting one as we did not fully subscribe to all the tickets. They only received tickets from Dutch FA on friday

Paulie
19/05/2004, 1:53 PM
I was just speaking with someone at the FAI ticket office trying to get a handle on numbers travelling to Amsterdam. I was delighted to hear that they have sold nearly 5000 tickets. I thought that we would have 2 or 3 thousand but 5,000 for a friendly is a very good turnout. They also confirmed what had been stated in an earlier post, that tickets would be sent out around the end of this week. This is going to be some craic.

One Brian Kerr
19/05/2004, 2:10 PM
I can't wait for this game as it's my first proper away game (apart from Glasgow and Wembley). I've got my ticket through the supporters club but was wondering if everyone that applied through the FAI is guaranteed a ticket as a few of my mates have applied this way.

Paulie
19/05/2004, 2:34 PM
Going on what NeilMcD said in an earlier post everyone should get a ticket.