PDA

View Full Version : Derry City vs St Pats- FAI CUP FINAL 2006

VinnyDCFC
18/10/2010, 1:53 PM
Apologies if this is in the wrong section. Feel free to move.

For those fans/ players (?) on here who were at that amazing final of 2006 and still have photos or footage of it please make sure that they are safe and sound as there may be a documentary about it on Setanta next year.

I am currently working on the final proposal which has to be in by Friday 22 October. It's nearly complete but please leave your memories/ thoughts here or PM/ email me.

My email is #info@northlandbroadcast.net# without the # (to avoid spam)

I will post more details when I get them

Thanks

bluemovie
18/10/2010, 3:20 PM
Best cup final I've been at. Both teams played brilliantly given the hurricane conditions. Couldn't beat it for entertainment. I wanted Pats to win for the sake of ex Blues John Frost, Dave Mulcahy and even Alan Kirby.

**FrOsTy**
18/10/2010, 3:28 PM
Ye that was a good game! Was with the Derry fans that year and the atmosphere was fantastic! Never been so cold standing out on the pitch pre game!

DaveyPats
18/10/2010, 3:51 PM
Cup finals are over-rated anyway....

TenaciousDee
18/10/2010, 6:25 PM
Coldest match I have ever experienced but what a game. At the Derry City Sports and Social Club I organised screenings of past games and this was featured one evening and it was an amazing atmosphere to relive. Pat McCourt was on display with fantastic passes and skill, Mark Farren scored a great goal and when Delaney headed that one in I blacked out in the excitment. Great stuff.

Martinho II
18/10/2010, 8:00 PM
Best cup final I've been at. Both teams played brilliantly given the hurricane conditions. Couldn't beat it for entertainment. I wanted Pats to win for the sake of ex Blues John Frost, Dave Mulcahy and even Alan Kirby.

sorry bluemovie but that season alan kirby was still with us.. he went to pats for the 2007 and 2008 seasons..

Stevo Da Gull
18/10/2010, 8:15 PM
Ye that was a good game! Was with the Derry fans that year and the atmosphere was fantastic! Never been so cold standing out on the pitch pre game!

Same memories here! Though I kind of enjoyed the experience on the pitch, thinking 'I may never willingly stand in conditions this bitterly cold again.. might as well make the most of it!'.

Very enjoyable day thanks to the teams managing to put on a great spectacle and the fans getting behind them.

dcfc_1928
19/10/2010, 7:29 AM
That was one of the coldest matches that I've ever been at. I got soaked and an icy gale was howling through Lansdowne Road throughout the game. At 2-1 down and with the clock ticking down, I was just praying that the referee would blow his whistle, so that I could get out of the ground and into a nice warm pub to drown my sorrows.

I remember being almost disappointed when big Clive hit the equaliser, knowing that we'd have to endure at least another 30 mins of polar weather. :)

MariborKev
19/10/2010, 8:42 AM
I was in Victoria Falls, watching it an internet cafe.

Went buck mental afterwards, as the photos of the night show.

thischarmingman
19/10/2010, 11:17 AM
Yay to be reminded of this on an otherwise boring Tuesday!

Dodge
19/10/2010, 11:21 AM
Boooooo to being reminded of this on an otherwise exciting cup semi day. makes me realise tht even if we win today I'm still going to get heartbroken sooner or later.

Off to drink whiskey and write country and western songs about the cup now.

CSFShels
19/10/2010, 12:09 PM
Always nice to be reminded of historical clubs. Anyone remember Dublin City?

Schumi
19/10/2010, 12:16 PM
Coldest match I have ever experienced but what a game.

Certainly the windiest anyway though I think I've been colder in Bray or Monaghan before. I felt sorry for Pats fans that day, especially the poor bedraggled crowd on the North Terrace in the first half.

SwanVsDalton
19/10/2010, 1:35 PM
I managed to miss the game but sleeping in (hungover), missing the QUBDCFCSC bus from Belfast. I'd never accidentally missed a game before but I subconsciously consoled myself with the blasphemous thought of 'we'll probably lose'. Proceeded to watch the match with my jaw on the floor - never have I felt to chuffed and raging and the same time.

MariborKev
19/10/2010, 2:26 PM
Always nice to be reminded of historical clubs. Anyone remember Dublin City?

They were about when Shels were good yeah?

L.T.F.C.
19/10/2010, 6:18 PM
Would the 2004 FAI Cup Final not be your favourite?