PDA

View Full Version : Bundesliga Games

IsMiseSean
17/10/2010, 10:37 PM
Im thinking of taking a trip to a Bundesliga match after Christmas. Anyone know where is the best place to get tickets or anyone know of a Tour Operater that does Bundesliga games. I cant seem to find any Irish tour operaters that have Bundesliga packages.

Closed Account 2
18/10/2010, 2:36 PM
What matches are you thinking of going to? You might be able to get tickets on the day or ahead of time via the club websites.

You know there is a winter break, so there will be no football from around 19th Dec to 15th Jan...

I went around easter 2007 and it was possible to get tickets before the games.

Bayern v Real Madrid (CL) got a ticket for €50 outside the ground
Nurnburg v Frankfurt (BL) got a ticket on Nurnburgs website for €20, collected it from ticket office 2hrs before the match.

Having any German match ticket allows you to use free public transport 3-4 hours either side of the game (this seems to be a new thing that theyve introduced in the last few years).

IsMiseSean
18/10/2010, 9:20 PM
Im goin to be in southern Germany so a Bayern game would suit and would probably be one of the best to see.
I was just looking on their website and all home league games are sold out for the season.

The Christmas break wont clash with my trip, It will be February when I'm over there, so a Champions Lge last 16 tie could be possible providing Bayern qualify.

Closed Account 2
19/10/2010, 2:11 PM
On either the 4th, 5th or 6th you have:
Nurnburg - Leverkusen

11th, 12th or 13th
Stuttgart v Nurnburg

On the 18th 19th or 20th:
Nurnberg - Eintracht Frankfurt

Nurnberg to Munich is 1hr on a train, Stuttgart is 2h20m.

If you want to go to the Allianz Arena you could watch TSV Munchen 1860 (they play in the 2er Bundesliga)

06.02.2011 14:00 TSV München 1860 : Fortuna Düsseldorf
20.02.2011 14:00 TSV München 1860 : FC Augsburg

That Augsburg game could be sell out, I remember back in 2007 they were playing them when I was in Munich and was told it would be a sellout as it's virtually a derby - though that could have been fanciful delusions on the part of the TSV fan.

ArdeeBhoy
19/10/2010, 10:42 PM
Go to the Ruhr or surrounding area. Plenty of teams and you can take in more than one game, if possible or desired.

Usually quite cheap and easy to get to, whilst accommodation usually reasonable also.