PDA

View Full Version : Chants, Songs etc.

NeilMcD
07/05/2004, 11:01 AM
i was wondering could people put up or start chants and songs that we could sing at the away matches and at home matches

We need some Brian Kerr songs, songs about players etc and just good old songs to get the crowd going. Now I hope this does not turn into a negative thign were someone slags someones song off cause they dont like particular players etc.

Lets keep it as positive as possible.

neil

only1kilbane
07/05/2004, 1:32 PM
The beatles give us a couple of good ones :

All you need is Duff .....

WE all dream of a time of Gary Breens ....

Yeah need to get something else other than the fields of athenry anyway !

sylvo
07/05/2004, 2:56 PM
During the world cup a cracking song was invented, to the tune of joy division's ''love will tear us apart'' and it was sung though ''duff duff will tear you apart again'' great around the pub's but as usual in the stadium people just wanted to clap their hand's and shout Ireland.

sylvo
07/05/2004, 3:02 PM
you are the man Dav when it come's to writing football tune's i'll give yer that, that song ''go on home hair bear go on home'' will live with me for a long time, plus the sight of you being asked to leave the 12 pin's in finsbury park by the doormen after you got on stage with the band and tried to get them to play yer musical creation will live with me even longer. :D

Éanna
07/05/2004, 3:06 PM
How about a nice medley of "you can shove your English football up your arse" and "**** off back to scotland" :)

NeilMcD
07/05/2004, 3:35 PM
Lads some people have slipted into negative songs

I am looknig for the words and tunes for songs to be sung at Irish matches that look at the positive side of the Irish soccer team.

So no Anti Mick Mc Carthy songs
Anti Roy Keane songs,

NeilMcD
07/05/2004, 3:37 PM
Lads some people have slipted into negative songs

I am looknig for the words and tunes for songs to be sung at Irish matches that look at the positive side of the Irish soccer team.

Anti Roy Keane songs,
or songs against people who support the EL, or people who dont support the El.
Songs against Sky or songs for pro Sky.

We need songs about Duffer, Robbie, O Shea, Cunningham, Keane. Kilbane and all the rest of the squad and one about Brian Kerr would be great

Even if it was only There is only one Brian Kerr.

only1kilbane
07/05/2004, 4:21 PM
To the tune of baby give it up :

Zinedine Kilbane ,
Zinedine
Zinedine Kilabne ,
La LA LA LA LA la .......

Shay Givens magic he wears a magic hat ,
and when he plays for Ireland he says i fancy that ,
he hates the ****in english
he says that they are ****e
but when he plays for ireland he is ****in dynamite !

and move on with everyones names

pete
07/05/2004, 5:00 PM
Anti Roy Keane songs,
or songs against people who support the EL, or people who dont support the El.
Songs against Sky or songs for pro Sky.

Whats left to work with? ;)

liam88
07/05/2004, 5:13 PM
This one's for you Kenny Cunnigham-Ireland Loves you more than you will know! Woah oh! oh!

[Simon and Garfunkle-Mrs Robinson]

Extended version:
This one's for you Kenny Cunnigham-Ireland Loves you more than you will know! Woah oh! oh!
God bless your soul Kenny Cunningham-take the ball and stick in the goal! Woah oh! oh!
We all love you Kenny Cunningham-You're and Irish hero through and through! Ooo! Ooo! Oo!

Beavis
07/05/2004, 5:42 PM
Ah this is my kind of thread.... :)

It's a good idea to come up with chants but it's difficult to get them to catch on at internationals where there's only a game every few months...Best option is to sing irish songs which no-one sings at Lansdowne.There's plenty of 'em.Wild Rover is a great one,always sing it before hand but rarely at the game,bring back Molly Malone,Were on the One Road etc etc....

sylvo
08/05/2004, 1:24 AM

[Simon and Garfunkle-Mrs Robinson]

Extended version:
God bless your soul Kenny Cunningham-take the ball and stick in the goal! Woah oh! oh!
We all love you Kenny Cunningham-You're and Irish hero through and through! Ooo! Ooo! Oo!

Now yer talking Liam my bhoy, forget that job in the hospital in Tel aviv get working on them tune's my son even me colleen loved that one when she seen it.

sylvo
08/05/2004, 1:28 AM
That was ripoff of Mancs. fans' (original!!)song.re.Ryan Giggs.....were singing 3-4 yrs.ago+!

For someone who is alway's giving out about them, you know a lot about their song's, i never new that, but i'm not worried Dav, it's a great song, shame it could'nt be transferred into the stadium.

GavinZac
08/05/2004, 10:28 AM
Divide the fans into two groups.

Get one group to shout 'Give me an "I"'
Then the other group responds 'I'
Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "R"'
The second group responds 'R'
Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "E"'
The second group responds 'E'
Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "L"'
The second group responds 'L'
Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "A"'
The second group responds 'A'
Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "N"'
The second group responds 'N'
Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "D"'
The second group responds 'D'

works better with U... s.... a. nice and brief ;)

Get one group to shout 'Oggie Oggie Oggie'
Get the other group to respond with 'Oi Oi Oi'
Get the other group to respond with 'Oi Oi Oi
Get one group to shout 'Oggie'
Get the other group to respond with 'Oi'

we're borrowing aussie songs now aswell?

liam88
08/05/2004, 12:02 PM
Now yer talking Liam my bhoy, forget that job in the hospital in Tel aviv get working on them tune's my son even me colleen loved that one when she seen it.
Hehe thanks mate-if we ever get our tickets to the Jamaica game I'll sit on someones shoulders and we'll try and get it going :D

4tothefloor
08/05/2004, 12:28 PM
Divide the fans into two groups.

Get one group to shout 'Give me an "I"'

Then the other group responds 'I'

Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "R"'

The second group responds 'R'

Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "E"'

The second group responds 'E'

Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "L"'

The second group responds 'L'

Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "A"'

The second group responds 'A'

Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "N"'

The second group responds 'N'

Then the first group shouts 'Give me an "D"'

The second group responds 'D'

OR

These would work well at Ireland Under 15 matches. At senior games?! - It'd only end up giving us a reputation as being a bunch of gaylords :D

only1kilbane
08/05/2004, 1:22 PM
gaylords i had to chuckle ! yeah agreed pants or what , good for making the effort but oggie hope you were taking the **** man . :p

cullenswood
10/05/2004, 12:42 PM
Presume you don't want to rob any of the Premiership club songs?? But United's fans chant for John O Shea is not bad...... "When Johnny goes marching the wing, OShea, OShea..." etc

Éanna
10/05/2004, 12:57 PM
Presume you don't want to rob any of the Premiership club songs?? But United's fans chant for John O Shea is not bad...... "When Johnny goes marching the wing, OShea, OShea..." etc
you mean Cork City's chant for John O'Flynn don't you? I suppose we could lend it to Man U if they ask nicely :)

cullenswood
10/05/2004, 1:00 PM
you mean Cork City's chant for John O'Flynn don't you? I suppose we could lend it to Man U if they ask nicely :)

:) Forgot about Cork City's chant!!

lukey Mc
11/05/2004, 5:27 PM
I'm tryin to get tickets for Unity cup and came across the forum. I saw your views for chants or songs. What about a remake of Monty Python's Always look on the bright side of life.

Always look on the bright side of life,
We're the boys in green a white and were fu**in dynamite, with duff andd Reidy on the Wingggg..
We're the boys in white and green, the best you've ever seen
and were always gonna score when we got Keaneoooo
Always look on the bright side of life.

Maybe put more verses in it about other players.. :rolleyes:

If you dont like it.. im not bothered. ! :eek:

only1kilbane
11/05/2004, 6:43 PM
good to hear you dont mind that we think it is crap cause thats what it is mate ! Really dont see it catchin on now do you !

How about chris dorans eurovision song to get lansdowne singing again !

lukey Mc
11/05/2004, 8:34 PM
Fine mate. its just a suggestion. Didnt know you spoke for everybody. what about zinidine kilbane la la la..???

Beavis
11/05/2004, 11:15 PM
Really dont see it catchin on now do you

As much a chance as any I'd say.You really have to hear them sung in proper,difficult to judge from text....

only1kilbane
12/05/2004, 8:59 AM
dont speak for everyone mate just my opinion. The only songs that will work are current football songs with words changed but really dont see much catching on at lansdowne. Ole Ole is about as complicated as it gets these days !