PDA

View Full Version : YES!

Fivesilver
15/10/2010, 9:04 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

League leaders, champions, in their own backyard, proud, proud, proud, ecstatic!!!

Oldred
15/10/2010, 9:55 PM
Brilliant performance, especially first half. Also glad we did it there on their sod. Bohs can have no complaints. Bring on Shams now so we whack them in the Aviva!!

Brian Boru
15/10/2010, 11:22 PM
The current rovers team is our greatest ever.

Brian Boru
15/10/2010, 11:32 PM
The current rovers team is our greatest ever.

Oldred
16/10/2010, 1:29 AM
Ya can say that again Brian!! :D

avvenalaf
16/10/2010, 1:29 AM
An interesting observation but I'm not sure that I agree. I think that the team that won the League in 1977 may have been a better team. However, the current team plays the best and most attractive football that has ever been seen in the Showgrounds.

shellyriver
16/10/2010, 1:59 AM
What a game -- what atmosphere -- what a beauty from Gavin Peers.

McLachlan, Davoren, McCabe, Russell, N'do, Ryan and Keane were absolutely fantastic.

What a brilliant night, and with the exception of Cup Wins (2 in living memory), one of the best night ever to be a Rovers fan. The players gave it their all and left everything out on the pitch.

Not forgotten those dignified Bohs fans who applauded the efforts of the players and the many who actually shook my hand and wished the Little Bit A Red well in the final (yah, ok they would love us to pull one over Shams!!) as we left Phibsborough. Priceless.

It's hard to compare sides in comparative eras, but this team, are up there with the 1977 league winners and the 1939 Dixie Dean era for class and quality without a shadow of a doubt.

Well done to everyone concerned -- what a brilliant game and event. Roll on another big outing and hopefully a wonderful spectacle in Landsdowne -- those South Siders will be baffled by the intensity and support of the Sligo faithful!

Dixie Dean
16/10/2010, 11:04 AM
Great to be in the first final in the aviva. Makes it better than last year.

Revenge for '78 next up.

harleyleeds
16/10/2010, 11:22 AM
were booking tickets from NYC for nov . First final in Aviva great . Iove to get shams as I know were a much better team and canl destroy them (ref permitting) . Of course its a final and anything can happen but on last nights performance can't see us stopping now . Bohs fans are great , know loads of them here (dissapointed but happy for us and of course hoping we stuff shams) . Final thing ,good luck to Pats tomorrow in ta la la la .

srfc1928
17/10/2010, 1:52 AM
were booking tickets from NYC for nov . First final in Aviva great . Iove to get shams as I know were a much better team and canl destroy them (ref permitting) . Of course its a final and anything can happen but on last nights performance can't see us stopping now . Bohs fans are great , know loads of them here (dissapointed but happy for us and of course hoping we stuff shams) . Final thing ,good luck to Pats tomorrow in ta la la la .
My sister lives in chicago and ive been over a few times in the last few years.
last time i was there our car was parked beside a car with a Rovers car sticker at O'Hare airport.
A lot of emmigrants from particularly fom Sligo and Mayo around Illinois.
The Rovers diaspora is far and wide

Martinho II
17/10/2010, 6:58 PM
My sister lives in chicago and ive been over a few times in the last few years.
last time i was there our car was parked beside a car with a Rovers car sticker at O'Hare airport.
A lot of emmigrants from particularly fom Sligo and Mayo around Illinois.
The Rovers diaspora is far and wide

congrats on the bit of reds win from all at section o flansiro longford!!

Terry
17/10/2010, 9:19 PM
Well done to sligo in reaching the final, and best of luck to the galway lads in the team.

redobit
18/10/2010, 10:20 AM
Well done to sligo in reaching the final, and best of luck to the galway lads in the team.

No doubt said thru gritted teeth Terry :) , but fair play all the same.

harleyleeds
18/10/2010, 11:22 AM
Only the Galway lads Terry ?

avvenalaf
18/10/2010, 12:26 PM
Stop trying to stir it. Thanks for the good wishes, Marty and Terry. We'll do our best to keep the cup out of Dublin.

harleyleeds
18/10/2010, 6:22 PM
Love to see cup back in Sligo again but wouldn't like Dubs to think we have anything against them (except shams of course) .
Remember team were clapped off by BOHS fans and they all wished us well .