PDA

View Full Version : Waterford home

outspoken
15/10/2010, 3:13 PM
This should be a good 1 , our games vs Waterford are always very very exciting and we usually come out on top especially at home that's why I'm very confident wel scrape it 1-0 in another thrilling encounter ,CMON DE TOWN

RonnieB
15/10/2010, 4:35 PM
be great to sneak a win against them.

was hoping to make it down but have a nasty bout of winter aids... :(

Martinho II
15/10/2010, 5:09 PM
be great to sneak a win against them.

was hoping to make it down but have a nasty bout of winter aids... :(

its a hard one to call.. As stephen henderson said today in the papers waterfords record at flancare recently is very good compared to the cup.. I will take another draw again a 1-1..

De Town
15/10/2010, 9:30 PM
A positive first half performance after the concession of the early goal, but the second half was absolute drivel. So many **** players in that team.

Conlon has to go, as bad as Shanahan can be, Conlon is much worse. Deans is useless, get rid. Mick Lee can stay, but needs to concentrate more. Hylo can stay, but in midfield. Lester can stay, but in midfield. Walsh can stay, our best player tonight, the only one who actually tried to pass the ball. Brady isn't used enough. Salmon can stay. Don can go, a striker who wouldn't hit a barn door - no thanks. Lee Roche can stay, needs someone up there with him though. Jay can go, absolutely useless. Cronin x2, Freeman, Vik, Phil Byrne can all go too. Not good enough. I'm probably forgetting a few there as well.

outspoken
15/10/2010, 9:34 PM
A positive first half performance after the concession of the early goal, but the second half was absolute drivel. So many **** players in that team.

Conlon has to go, as bad as Shanahan can be, Conlon is much worse. Deans is useless, get rid. Mick Lee can stay, but needs to concentrate more. Hylo can stay, but in midfield. Lester can stay, but in midfield. Walsh can stay, our best player tonight, the only one who actually tried to pass the ball. Brady isn't used enough. Salmon can stay. Don can go, a striker who wouldn't hit a barn door - no thanks. Lee Roche can stay, needs someone up there with him though. Jay can go, absolutely useless. Cronin x2, Freeman, Vik, Phil Byrne can all go too. Not good enough. I'm probably forgetting a few there as well.

I thought deans played well tonight , lester was good too and like you said Walsh was our best player other decent performers were hylo and lee and brady but apart from that the likes of jayo , freeman , cowan , conlon may all find new clubs.

howsyourtouch
16/10/2010, 12:12 AM
alot can be told about deans attitude from his reaction from the goals,both were near enough his side, he didnt cover in for the second one, could say the midfield didnt follow the player but none of the defenders tracked the player at all and he just ran by deans, scored the goal and straight away deans turned around and started looking for someone else to blame, waving his arms in the air!

second goal, player free in the box where he should have been from tuckin in because the rest of the defence had pulled across but deans just stood looking and again started blaming everyone else and shouting around the place, its all he ever does really, no big loss if he goes!

dont thinkit will be as easy as saying oh walsh stay, he will have lots of offers with biiger money than we could ever offer him these days, and as we seen tonight, he has something about him, he is only very young aswell, as was pointed out to me during the week when you think about it mick lee had only played twice at his age! would have hylo and salmon in middle, john lester and a new centre half, new full back and daisy back playing, the two roches...

De Town
16/10/2010, 11:41 AM
dont thinkit will be as easy as saying oh walsh stay, he will have lots of offers with biiger money than we could ever offer him these days, and as we seen tonight, he has something about him, he is only very young aswell, as was pointed out to me during the week when you think about it mick lee had only played twice at his age!
Yeah I know it's not that easy, I probably should have phrased my original post better. What I mean is that we should keep him if we can possibly manage it.

Longfordian
16/10/2010, 12:47 PM
I thought Jason wasn't that bad last night really, caused problems for them as did Brady when he got on the ball. Agree that we need a new keeper that's pretty obvious and a few defenders, ideally ones that can run. It's hard to know if Cowan is just unlucky or a poor finisher, he makes plenty of opportunities for himself with his pace and strength. Himself and Glynn could be good together if Glynn was fit I reckon.

Cabs88
17/10/2010, 1:52 PM
i wouldnt be that quick to get rid of cowan, he has been injured and out of the team a good bit this season, but i do think there is potential there and he linked up well with Roche on many occasions. I am aware that strikers are judged a lot on goalscoring but he never really got too many good chances the other night, for all our possesion in the first half we never tested their keeper.

Martinho II
17/10/2010, 6:21 PM
i wouldnt be that quick to get rid of cowan, he has been injured and out of the team a good bit this season, but i do think there is potential there and he linked up well with Roche on many occasions. I am aware that strikers are judged a lot on goalscoring but he never really got too many good chances the other night, for all our possesion in the first half we never tested their keeper.

I again with cabs on cowan and rochie.. as for Chris Deans he must be related to Ray Kenny as all they do is shout!! I am starting to get worried now as Athlone are only a point behind us and if we dont buck our act together Athlone will finish ahead of us which would be shambolic considerin how far ahead we were at one stage ahead of them.. Nine games without a win.. I cant see us beatin Wexford and as for Salthill Devon I think that is goin to be a draw too considerin their poor form against weaker teams..