PDA

View Full Version : vs Dundalk at home

Aberdonian Stu
15/10/2010, 2:28 PM
There wiil be a live blog of this game over at Action81.com (http://www.action81.com) from 7pm.

Two big storylines from this. Firstly a win a UCD's already likely survival is secured. A draw or defeat might also be enough on the night depending on the Fingal vs Galway game.

Ciaran Kilduff's chase for the all-time single season goalscoring record is also in full swing. With 17 goals in all competitions including 14 in the league, he stands just a goal away from tying Mick O'Byrne for the all-competitions record of 18 and also just one goal away from tying Jason Sherlock's league goals record of 15.

I'll have regular updates throughout on the relegation situation and Killer's goal quest.

pineapple stu
15/10/2010, 3:37 PM
"Tying"?!

I know you're tapping into an American market, but you could at least try to talk proper!

Dunny
15/10/2010, 3:49 PM
The game should be on DundalkFM if any of ye are interested.

www.dundalkfm.com (http://www.dundalkfm.ie)

pineapple stu
15/10/2010, 4:04 PM
Now that is tempting...!

Aberdonian Stu
15/10/2010, 4:12 PM
Is it tieing instead? Genuine error on the spelling there and not an Americanism.

pineapple stu
15/10/2010, 4:17 PM
The phrase is an Americanism, not the spelling.

He's a goal away from drawing level with Micko and Jayo.

Aberdonian Stu
15/10/2010, 4:22 PM
We'll have to agree to differ on the phrase being an Americanism as I certainly don't see it that way, I used tying rather than drawing level as it was saying the same thing in a single word rather than two. It wasn't out of some great desire to use less words, we all know I can be verbose, it was just the way it came into my head. Equalling would also work as a single word option in that instance I imagine.

Aberdonian Stu
15/10/2010, 6:04 PM
That blog is now live

bullit
15/10/2010, 9:44 PM
That blog is now live
The updates on the blog were well appreciated by Dundalk fans tonight as there was no coverage at all from our usual sources and Extratime was slow as hell.
Any video highlights would be welcome,seems like there were a few incidents that need further review,controversial sending off,saved peno and blunder(s) for Dundalks second.

Aberdonian Stu
15/10/2010, 10:56 PM
I think the Extratime guy had trouble getting online. I always bring my own USB stick as I get a pretty good service.

Dillonman
15/10/2010, 11:11 PM
Saw a huge load of Dutch Gold in the club shop there tonight, where ye selling that?!

John83
15/10/2010, 11:41 PM
Oh, no, that's just Schumi's stash.

bullit
16/10/2010, 2:04 AM
DundalkFC.com unbiased report on tonights game
.http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/101015_UCD.asp

pineapple stu
16/10/2010, 9:29 PM
Any video highlights would be welcom
I'll put highlights up on this thread on Monday or Tuesday. Or you can watch MNS of course, though our highlights will be much longer.

The comment on the Dutch Gold reminds me of my now favourite UCD/football pun - MNS talking of Killer's magical goal against Drogs "More champagne football than Dutch Gold from the Students" :p

Wasn't a great game overall; the sending off kind of spoiled it - Dundalk were happy to sit back and defend in numbers for the second half (which they did quite well), and they only had two or three half-decent chances after their opening goal, one of which, unfortunately was the second goal. Maybe we could have brought O'Conor on - he seems to have a great long shot on him, which is all we were getting really - but we can have few complaints overall.

So no Setanta for us (barring clubs going boom, which would never happen here), but a great season nonetheless; some great ball played at times. I see only Pat's have had fewer players sent off than us this year - better hope they win the Cup (about as likely as clubs going boom) and maybe another futile Fair Play search can take place (though three other teams have the same number of reds as us).

Dillonman
17/10/2010, 11:19 AM
Its hard for a team to break down 8 men standing in front of goal(which we did quite well) but when ye did get through, ye couldnt get pass, arguably the best keeper in the league atm, in Peter Cherrie.

That was my first time been in the UCD's gorund past or present, but it was a good night overall, tea was lovely, chips where dodgey and had a good view!

pineapple stu
20/10/2010, 11:49 AM
Forgot my memory stick yesterday, but here's our highlights -

TXCpr3EIxF0

Haven't watched the MNS ones yet - they usually get better detail of things like the red card - but interesting to see the first few posts after MNS on Orielweb saying that it was a clear red.

Schumi
20/10/2010, 2:16 PM
Haven't watched the MNS ones yet - they usually get better detail of things like the red card - but interesting to see the first few posts after MNS on Orielweb saying that it was a clear red.
Clear swinging arm on the MNS highlights alright, looked pretty bad.