PDA

View Full Version : The Last Day

razor
14/10/2010, 11:35 AM
Lads

I'm organising a bus down for the last day of the season
Looking forward to my first visit to your ground.

Got a few questions .
Wheres best to go for few sociables and some grub beforehand and do you have a bar at the ground?
Priorities and all that :D

Martinho II
14/10/2010, 6:55 PM
Lads

Got a few questions .
Wheres best to go for few sociables and some grub beforehand and do you have a bar at the ground?

razor you will have no problems with socialbles at the game as the bar at the ground is high up behind the goal and the view is second to none!!The pitch is a few miles out of town so couldnt tell you about other pubs tbh..

ForzaForth
15/10/2010, 5:18 PM
Razor, would be great to see a busload of Cork supporters at the last match. As Martinho says, the ground is about five miles from the centre of Wexford so you'll have to give yourself plenty of time if you want to call there. However, I think the Opera Festival will still be on at the time, so the town will be fairly lively with visitors that weekend.

The clubhouse serves wine and beer and I think does paninis as well. There is also a hotdog stand which serves hot drinks, fizzies, choc. bars, etc. Otherwise, the nearest bar is Liam Griffin's Ferrycarrig Hotel, just before you turn off onto the side-road for the pitch.

If you have time (and since he played for Cork), why not visit Kevin Doyle's family's pub, Cooper's Inn in Killinick, about ten miles from the ground on a good road to Rosslare Harbour. Food is supposed to be pretty good there. Think his brother manages the place now.

Need any more help, let me know.

Youths4Ever
15/10/2010, 5:19 PM
Lads

Got a few questions .

wexford town it self is probably your best bet plenty of bars that do food if did not want to go into town whitford house does bar food and is on the outskirts of the town

stann
18/10/2010, 10:00 AM
Whitford House is almost my local these days, IMO the best bet for a decent bit of bar food and a couple of pints before the game if your bus driver was amenable.
Plenty of good spots in the town too, but this place has the advantage of ease. Just turn right instead of left at the main roundabout as you arrive at Wexford, and Whitford is about a kilometer and a half along on the left just on the next roundabout. Back the same way towards the ground then, not much of a detour really.
The Ferrycarrig Hotel is on your route alright, over the bridge but on the other side of the main road as you approach the turn-off for the ground, but I'd recommend this place first all day long.

razor
31/10/2010, 6:28 PM
Thanks to all for your help.
Went into the Whitford House for some well needed grub pre match, very nice.
We had a great day out despite our spineless players who couldn't have cared less.
Lovely setup ye have.