PDA

View Full Version : Joe Gamble

eoinh
06/05/2004, 5:23 PM
Defo looks like hes coming home. HERE (http://icberkshire.icnetwork.co.uk/0275readingfc/0100news/tm_objectid=14215439&method=full&siteid=50102&headline=anthony-smith-s-royals-round-up-name_page.html)

kevincronin2000
06/05/2004, 5:25 PM
Since when is Brian Lennox The manager ????????????
Would be a good signing tho. :)

Troy.McClure
10/05/2004, 5:42 PM
According to www.eleven-a-side.com Gamble has been told that he is DEFFINITLY on his way out. Nothing new there but its good to have confermed.

Come on home Joe!

patsh
11/05/2004, 6:07 PM
Maybe because, no matter what the obessed like to think and much to their disappointment, Lennox does not splash out money left, right and centre, and Dolan will have to work within the budget he is given.

jofyisgod
11/05/2004, 6:18 PM
Who are ye with? IS the club playing the poor mouth again, a lá Greg, or is Joe the one holding the gun to Brian's head with ridicualous wages?
I don't know enough to comment, any more news on it from anyone?

patsh
11/05/2004, 6:24 PM
I obviously don't know the details, but there is a wage that can be paid here, which might not tally with the expectations of someone coming from English football.
I'm guessing here, but City would have offered in the range of €800 - €1100 a week max?
Don't think we could afford more than that, but thats GB£540 - GB£750 sterling which might seem small.

GavinZac
11/05/2004, 9:55 PM
Who are ye with? IS the club playing the poor mouth again, a lá Greg, or is Joe the one holding the gun to Brian's head with ridicualous wages?
I don't know enough to comment, any more news on it from anyone?

the club certainly were not 'playing the poor mouth' with greg, they offered him realistic wages for a squad player.

A face
12/05/2004, 12:26 AM
Maybe because, no matter what the obessed like to think and much to their disappointment, Lennox does not splash out money left, right and centre, and Dolan will have to work within the budget he is given.

Bang on .... you can bet Lennox made him a good offer, it is up to him to take it. He is obviously holding out to see can he get anymore ... fair enough, but if City's offer isn't good enough then so be it. Leave one of the other clubs take on the wage bill.

One thing is definite ..... Gamble is a good player but is not setting the place on fire by any means. He has done well considering but people are hyping him up again. And no matter how much hype he gets ... it will never 9should not ever) affect the offer that is on the table. Lennox is dead right to live within his means, unlike other clubs who haven't and needed the FAI to bail them out.

pete
12/05/2004, 9:23 AM
€50k would be good money for young irish player.

btw its called negotiation.

A face
12/05/2004, 12:58 PM
btw its called negotiation.

i'd prefer if it wasn't ... just make the offer and it is up to him then. People are rating him and they have never seen him play (recently anyway)

Eric
20/05/2004, 3:00 PM
In the Evening Herald yesterday it gave a list of all the Irish players who are out of contract or are being let go by their clubs this summer. It said that Gamble was being released but that he has turned down an offer to join City!!!!

Éanna
20/05/2004, 6:15 PM
Can't remember was it in today's or yesterday's Sun, but Gamble basically said he wanted to come to city,but he wasn't allowed play until July 1 anyway. He's going on holidays as well apparently.