PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6700 Slide.... o2 are no help!!

KR's Post
13/10/2010, 1:51 PM
Bought Nokia 6700 slide on 25th July for 149.99. Great phone, but recently at beginning of october when i'm on a call the person on other end couldn't hear me. I could hear them however. Brought back to be looked at and it was sent away. Came back Beyond economical repair(BER). Saying physical damage. Unrepairable damage to the Printed Circuit Board! Saying warped board!!! What is this even??? Phone never dropped or tampered with in the 2 months. o2 say they cant replace it and the company wont fix it. Where do i stand on this??? Only 2 months old and bloody phone wont work as it should. Thanks:mad:

KR

dahamsta
13/10/2010, 6:35 PM
Did they accuse you of breaking the handset? If they haven't, then you're entitled to repair, replacement or refund. If they have, then you need to refute it on the record and ask /them/ what the procedure is for resolving this.

KR's Post
13/10/2010, 7:26 PM
Just said that physical damage was the cause and said they wont touch it to repair it!!!

A face
13/10/2010, 8:32 PM
Just said that physical damage was the cause and said they wont touch it to repair it!!!

Get on to these lads for a start (http://www.rte.ie/tv/theconsumershow/index.html), and then let the National Consumer Agency (http://www.consumerconnect.ie/eng/Working_With_You/Submit_a_Consumer_Complaint/) know what's happening.

dahamsta
14/10/2010, 9:26 AM

That's not good enough. You need to go back and clarify whether the handset is faulty, or if they're accusing you of damaging the phone. If the former, you're entitled to a repair, replacement or refund, at their discretion; but they have to provide one of them under the law. If the latter, you need to reject it formally and have them acknowledge your rejection formally.

Then you need to find out what the procedure is for dealing with the situation. Don't accept "that's just the way it is" or similar, if you're not getting anywhere with the person you're talking to, escalate. If you're not getting anywhere with that, get out the good old fashioned paper and pen and complain to the highest-up person you can.