PDA

View Full Version : Munster Senior Cup 2010/2011

Pages : 1 [2]

Bobby D
04/02/2011, 9:43 AM
News and Events

Jan 11
The Munster Football Association is to organise a new competition for the 2011-2012 season. The competition will be for the winners of the top League Divisions of all affiliated Junior Leagues. As there are 12 affiliated Junior Leagues in Munster the competition will entail the following matches:
1st round: 4 games and 4 byes
Quarter Finals: 4 games
Semi Finals: 2 games
Final: 1 game

As a result of this new competition the MFA has decided that no Junior team will be allowed enter the Munster Senior Cup competition from the 2011-2012 season and the rules of the competition will be changed to reflect this decision.
The Munster Senior Cup will now involve Intermediate and Senior teams.

Bobby D
04/02/2011, 9:49 AM
I think it would also be a good idea that the winners play against the winners of the Ulster, Leinster and Connacht champions which i would run off over a weekend at the end of the season...

bluepowers
10/02/2011, 4:24 AM
Killarney Celtic v Limerick FC
Waterford Utd v Cork City FC (set for RSC Feb 13 at 2pm)
Douglas Hall v Avondale Utd
Carrick Utd v Mayfield Utd

Semi Finals

Waterford United Or Cork City Vs Carrick Utd Or Mayfield Utd

Douglas Hall Or Avondale Utd Vs Killarney Or Limerick FC

ball-hop
10/02/2011, 7:37 AM
Douglas Hall v Avondale, Thurs, 17 Feb.

sheao
10/02/2011, 8:19 AM
Waterford United v Cork City, RSC this Sunday at 1pm .

historynut
11/02/2011, 6:07 AM
News and Events

Jan 11
The Munster Football Association is to organise a new competition for the 2011-2012 season. The competition will be for the winners of the top League Divisions of all affiliated Junior Leagues. As there are 12 affiliated Junior Leagues in Munster the competition will entail the following matches:
1st round: 4 games and 4 byes
Quarter Finals: 4 games
Semi Finals: 2 games
Final: 1 game

As a result of this new competition the MFA has decided that no Junior team will be allowed enter the Munster Senior Cup competition from the 2011-2012 season and the rules of the competition will be changed to reflect this decision.
The Munster Senior Cup will now involve Intermediate and Senior teams.

If correct in reading this, then only senior and teams in MSL will participate ? Or do some clubs in Junior leagues have Intermediate status ?
Shame that possibly finalists of MFA Junior Cup could not be invited as well to partake as reward for reaching previous seasons final, with possibly finalists of new tournements..
Certainly would agree with similar tournements in Leinster, Connaght and Ulster and play-off for all Ireland Junior League Champions.

Jofspring
11/02/2011, 9:52 AM
Kilarney vs Limerick, Sat 12th 6:30pm Kick Off.

bluepowers
12/02/2011, 10:05 PM
Killarney Celtic 1-4 Limerick FC ( Goals ' Peter McCarthy Pen ' KIL)( LIM - Goals - Shane Tracy 2 Pens ' Paddy Purcell And Paudie Quinn)

razor
13/02/2011, 2:05 PM
Waterford Utd 1-2 Cork City

citybone
13/02/2011, 7:12 PM
Graham Cummins & Vinny Sullivan for city, Penalty for Waterford, then a player sent off for Waterford. Disallowed goal for Waterford as they pushed Mark McNulty over the line.

Sparky
14/02/2011, 7:55 AM
City v's carrick/mayfield
D.Hall/Avondale v's Limerick

Sparky
17/02/2011, 4:38 PM
D.Hall v's Avondale tonight k.o. 7.30pm - Munster Snr Cup Qtr Final.
Winners home to Limerick.

Glenbuck
17/02/2011, 4:44 PM
D.Hall v's Avondale tonight k.o. 7.30pm - Munster Snr Cup Qtr Final.
Winners home to Limerick.
I fancy Hall by the odd goal. Will miss game unfortunately. Hope someone will have a report asap.

razor
17/02/2011, 8:12 PM
Douglas Hall 0-0 Avondale Utd
Match abandoned at HT due to fog
Hall were down to 10 men at half time and went in the dressing room, Dale stayed on the pitch.
Ref pops back out and calls it off. Double bubble for him.
It was foggy but not enough to abandon the game, you could see both goals from the half way line.
Suited Hall down to the ground, they didn't even come out for the second half.

AvondaleNutter
17/02/2011, 8:15 PM
got a phone call off a mate of mine who was at the match so only going by what he says. match called off at half time due to fog 0-0 at the time. Hall had Calla sent off after half hour for professional foul. avondale were more threating but an even enough game. Hall went down to dressing room at half time and wern't seen for over 15 mins and it looked like they were waiting for the fog to get worse. Ref called it 15 mins after 1st half finished and should have gave it Ten mins and see if it cleared.

Glenbuck
18/02/2011, 5:39 PM
Douglas Hall 0-0 Avondale Utd
Match abandoned at HT due to fog
Hall were down to 10 men at half time and went in the dressing room, Dale stayed on the pitch.
Ref pops back out and calls it off. Double bubble for him.
It was foggy but not enough to abandon the game, you could see both goals from the half way line.
Suited Hall down to the ground, they didn't even come out for the second half.
I got to the game after last night. Did not realise it was a 730 ko. Anyway enough of me !! Hall started game very well. Bruton and Moorsey in middle well on top. Dale worked their way in to it with Mark Sull and Colin O Brien doing well up front. Then came the first HUGE decision of the night. Mark Murphy got possession on the halfway line, turned Kiernan who had a tug at him. Ref waved him on, Kiernan had another drag off him, Murphy headed to box and just as he was getting away with a clear sight of goal ref blew for a free. Terrible decision. Absolutely shocking. Few minutes later Hall full back sent off for pro foul with his centre back closing in to cover him. Terrible decision. Absolutely shocking. Next came half time. This is where I have to back ref. Both his linos complained of not seeing the far side of pitch thus putting offside decisions into question. Right desicion ?? He could have given it another 10 minutes before recommencing. What was the hurry ?

razor
19/02/2011, 5:59 PM
Right desicion ?? He could have given it another 10 minutes before recommencing. What was the hurry ?Agree totally, no hurry at all, when the players had come out after their shower the whole pitch had cleared.

the hawk
22/02/2011, 4:17 PM
Lads i dont know if seen it but the hall team were coming in the astro turf pitch gates when they were told it all and like me if you have played against the hall this year they always take about 15 minutes at half time . as for the game avondale should of lost a man when mark murphy was through taught calla was harsh esp when marky was 35 yards from the goal and the hall centre half was inside them .as for the dale dominating,my opinion was hall 51%-avondale 49% with both teams playing some good football .looking forward to the re arranged fixture

Glenbuck
23/02/2011, 3:45 PM
Lads i dont know if seen it but the hall team were coming in the astro turf pitch gates when they were told it all and like me if you have played against the hall this year they always take about 15 minutes at half time . as for the game avondale should of lost a man when mark murphy was through taught calla was harsh esp when marky was 35 yards from the goal and the hall centre half was inside them .as for the dale dominating,my opinion was hall 51%-avondale 49% with both teams playing some good football .looking forward to the re arranged fixture
Think you need to look at earlier posts Hawk.Where did anyone say Dale dominated ??? See Glenbucks post to start with.

cufc champions
08/03/2011, 6:06 AM
Carrick v Mayfield Sunday 13th March @ 2pm

razor
08/03/2011, 10:40 AM
looking forward to the re arranged fixtureSet for Avondale Park on St Patricks Day, 11am kick off

Bobby D
10/03/2011, 1:28 PM
What can Carrick expect against Mayfield on Sunday, they seem to be struggling in the Premier division and with Carrick not going that well at the moment could be a good time for them to play us.

Sparky
10/03/2011, 3:40 PM
What can Carrick expect against Mayfield on Sunday, they seem to be struggling in the Premier division and with Carrick not going that well at the moment could be a good time for them to play us.

Mayfield will win this one I think. 1-2. Too strong, on their day they can give anyone a good game. It just depends which Mayfield turn up.

razor
13/03/2011, 4:19 PM
Carrick Utd 2-1 Mayfield Utd

cufc champions
14/03/2011, 8:37 AM
Carrick Utd 2-1 Mayfield Utd

Two penalties from Alan Ryan in the last 10 mins saw Carrick through to semi's to play Cork city, id say Mayfield will be sick after this defeat they led for a long period and after Anthony O'Donnell was sent off they couldn't put us away, two nailed on penalties were then given in quick sucession both from fouls from the same centre half. Carrick will be happy to get back to wining ways

Mission Bell
14/03/2011, 1:00 PM
Two penalties from Alan Ryan in the last 10 mins saw Carrick through to semi's to play Cork city, id say Mayfield will be sick after this defeat they led for a long period and after Anthony O'Donnell was sent off they couldn't put us away, two nailed on penalties were then given in quick sucession both from fouls from the same centre half. Carrick will be happy to get back to wining ways

Even though Carrick missed quite a few very good chances before the break, going in one down, they still fancied their chances.. But with Anthony off things did'nt look good. But it says a lot for their spirit that they still took the game to Mayfield even when on level terms.

On to next week now and College Corinthians in the Munster Junior.

Sparky
17/03/2011, 4:26 PM
Avondale 0-2 D.Hall. (Mark Murphy Pen + Varian). Donovan sent off for Hall and Mark O'Sullivan for Dale. Referee made a few errors but Hall worthy of a win. Dale missing Caulfield and Spratt. Decent game full of chances.

the hawk
17/03/2011, 10:18 PM
you have to admit sparky the hall looked good

Sparky
18/03/2011, 9:52 AM
Jesus ya, never doubted that. Their keeper had a great game.

mayfield utd
18/03/2011, 11:09 PM
what the story with the hall and all the red cards there not far off 10 red cards this season,if not more and there not a dirty team at all

the hawk
18/03/2011, 11:50 PM
yeah he played a stormer but he has been like that all season , to be honest mayfield and im sure most ppl who watch msl will agree the standard of referees has been extremely poor this year no consistency or anything .its like they want to wreck the game by giving reds so they can be the talk of the game not the players

razor
19/03/2011, 12:11 PM
the standard of referees has been extremely poor this year no consistency or anything .Would have to agree hawk, Marky Sull gets hit in the chest from point blank range, I mean how is that a penalty?

Sparky
19/03/2011, 2:50 PM
To be fair Hawk I thought Avondale bossed the game until the penalty. This was such a disasterous decision that it seemed to rock Avondale. D.Hall were better team on the day overall and justified the result but UNFORTUNATELY the Referee is the talking point and not the players. Both teams not dirty but have a few reds this season!

Glenbuck
19/03/2011, 8:18 PM
It goes back to the old argument. The best refs shold do the top games. This caper of rotating the refs every season is a DISASTER. Its a little known fact that the Business lge are entitled to 2 grade 1 refs every year. In my opinion that is a waste of capable people.

Glenbuck
19/03/2011, 8:55 PM
Can anyone clarify Temple v Crosshaven score. Did I hear 10 -0 to Temple correctly.

the hawk
19/03/2011, 11:42 PM
I know glenbuck it should be the best refs for the best league know point having the best ref i cork doing a A.U.L 3B game just doesnt make sense well just look at who s running the league they cant even put out fixtures 2 weeks in advance they prob still using morse code .

Glenbuck
20/03/2011, 11:25 PM
I know glenbuck it should be the best refs for the best league know point having the best ref i cork doing a A.U.L 3B game just doesnt make sense well just look at who s running the league they cant even put out fixtures 2 weeks in advance they prob still using morse code .
.._._.._.-

bluepowers
20/03/2011, 11:33 PM
so douglas hall vs limerick is it there looking for revenge for fai cup few seasons ago haha

razor
12/04/2011, 9:53 PM
Douglas Hall 1-2 Limerick tonight

razor
23/05/2011, 8:28 PM
Carrick Utd 1-0 Limerick in the final tonight

Shilts
24/05/2011, 10:10 AM
Carrick Utd 1-0 Limerick in the final tonight

Congratulations to all in Carrick.

Will they be allowed to defend it next year?
Junior clubs are not allowed in the Munster Senior Cup from next year!
MFA starting a "Champions Cup" for all the junior league winners in Munster.

Mission Bell
24/05/2011, 10:41 AM
Congratulations to all in Carrick.

Will they be allowed to defend it next year?
Junior clubs are not allowed in the Munster Senior Cup from next year!
MFA starting a "Champions Cup" for all the junior league winners in Munster.

Thanks for that. It was a fantastic night . Great crowd and atmosphere along with being well organised, finished off with rousing celebrations afterwards!!

nr637
29/05/2011, 6:58 PM
Hi all,

If there is anyone or Carrick United fans out there who can tell what the crowd at the Munster Cup Final against Limerick United was?