PDA

View Full Version : JP in town tomorrow

gael353
06/05/2004, 12:33 PM
No not our cmmercial manager but JP MCManus. hes opening his mates place tomorrow (Joe McKenna Hardware shop on Parnell st.) any ideas?

4tothefloor
06/05/2004, 12:43 PM
Waste of time approaching him unless you have a well thought plan. Bear in mind this guy practically owns the (self styled, even though they are not, on or off the pitch) biggest club in the world, Scumchester United. You'd only be ruining your chances of ever being able to approach him again in the future as well. Another thing is, JP will only get involved if he can make money from it, thus it'd have to one hell of a plan!

I suppose you could ask him for that spare €50 million he was going to give the government? We might be able to get Steveo, Derek, Paddy and Heffo back then :D

gael353
06/05/2004, 12:48 PM
just thought id mention it. bessides i gave hsi contact numbers including his mobile for the bahamas to our committee on three occasions and im sure :rolleyes: they've done the business already! anyone heading to Kilkenny Sat night for kilkenny game/cant pass show?

True Blue
08/05/2004, 12:02 PM
Well maybe its about time the so called supporters club got up off their ass and approached J.P. about his allegiences to his local city. He should be reminded that he doesn't mind flouting money at an English Club housing this countries greatest traitor since Dermot Mc Murrough. JP should be asked to throw some money in our direction helping out local football and providing the talented young players of this area with an outlet to play football at the second highest level in this country in an unembarrassing situation.

Hell, we'll even wear the South Liberties colours and that's coming from a 'True Blue'!!!

4tothefloor
09/05/2004, 3:16 PM
Well maybe its about time the so called supporters club got up off their ass and approached J.P. about his allegiences to his local city. He should be reminded that he doesn't mind flouting money at an English Club housing this countries greatest traitor since Dermot Mc Murrough. JP should be asked to throw some money in our direction helping out local football and providing the talented young players of this area with an outlet to play football at the second highest level in this country in an unembarrassing situation.

Hell, we'll even wear the South Liberties colours and that's coming from a 'True Blue'!!!

Should this not be the club's job? It's up to them to approach him, as the SC has no input on financial aspects of the club. It's hardly the SC's job to get major funding for the club, is it? Unless of course a rebellion was to take place and leaders overthrown, which is an entirey different situation.

deise deserter
10/05/2004, 12:36 PM
"the so-called Supporters' Club"!!!!

I actually did a double-take on that. I am amazed that someone with only three posts to his name, who I dont believe has had dealings with the club (or the "so-called SC) can slam the supporters club after all the work that has been done?

We are already doing a lot of work that the club SHOULD be doing.

We are providing merchandising.
We are providing a quality fanzine - compare this to the crap that the committee calls our programme.
We have organised away game trips.
We are providing publicity for upcoming games and reports on the previous games on a weekly basis in about half a dozen papers in this area.

The club has a Commercial Manager who is operating on a commission basis. Why you think we should do his job is beyond me.

That said if you want to line their pockets go right ahead, but I can say that you'll almost definitely stand on your own on this one.

LFC in Exile
10/05/2004, 12:45 PM
Well maybe its about time the so called supporters club got up off their ass and approached J.P. about his allegiences to his local city.

Definitely out of order in relation to the SC.

Also, if I was JP MacManus I wouldn't be rushing to put money into the club without seeing accounts, realistic business plan etc. JP cannot be slagged of for not contributing - he is very generous to local sports groups but he is not a fool. I have often thought that instead of asking him to contribute to teh cluba more sensible approach would be to ask him to fund/part fund the city council buying the MF and giving LFC a long-term lease. That way the club gets a ground but it is in the name of the council. And the council has the asset.

Thirdly, you need to cop on about Keane.

sadloserkid
11/05/2004, 10:10 AM
True Blue = Attention Seeking Wannabe.

A 'True Blue' who doesn't think that fans should work together as a Supporters Club but feels that instead they should take on the work of the committee???

If he was a regular here I might respond directly to him. As is I couldn't be bothered but rest assured that in future I'll keep a close eye on his posts and unless he backs up such stupid statements I'll 'reluctantly' toss them in the rubbish forum. :)

gael353
11/05/2004, 1:14 PM
he posted late in the week so we (the real supporters) wouldnt see it till we got back to work/college etc at the start of the week. Make yourself know "true blue" at the next game and ill show you the work we (the SC) do. also "fair weather supporters"....you really really dont know us do you? :rolleyes:

True Blue
11/05/2004, 7:40 PM
Since when is supportership measured by the amount of posts one puts on an internet site? If I posted 1,000 posts here does it make me a better Limerick supporter than everyone else? The problem I think with the SC is that it spends too much time wasting time, such as on chat sites like this. All I suggested was that it was about time JP was approached knowing full well that the committee aren't going to do it and the insecure members of the SC threw a wobbly!

If ye are going to leave important issues like the seeking of some serious funds to the retards running the club, it will never happen. So there is no need for ye 'die- hards' in the SC to go on the defensive here, why not go on the offensive away from your computer screens for once! I' ve been doing it for long enough in the name of LFC.

And who mentioned Keane?

LFC in Exile
12/05/2004, 10:08 AM
Since when is supportership measured by the amount of posts one puts on an internet site? If I posted 1,000 posts here does it make me a better Limerick supporter than everyone else? The problem I think with the SC is that it spends too much time wasting time, such as on chat sites like this. All I suggested was that it was about time JP was approached knowing full well that the committee aren't going to do it and the insecure members of the SC threw a wobbly!

If ye are going to leave important issues like the seeking of some serious funds to the retards running the club, it will never happen. So there is no need for ye 'die- hards' in the SC to go on the defensive here, why not go on the offensive away from your computer screens for once! I' ve been doing it for long enough in the name of LFC.

And who mentioned Keane?

Listen, you have no idea of the work done by the SC "away from their keyboards" to promote the club and raise funds for it. This site is a vital resource for non-Limerick based fans to find out about what is really happening attheir club and nobody believes that the more posts youhave the better a supporter you are. In fact it is unbelievably childish to start claiming "I'm a bigger supporter than you". let's get over that straight away.

The SC have approached JP. The club has approached JP. I don't think this is a forum in which to discuss what has and hasn't been done. And a warning to other posters - we don't know who True Blue is or his agenda so be careful.

Also, in case it matters I'm not on the SC committee. I am a member and I think the SC has been by far the most positive thing about the club in the last two seasons.

4tothefloor
12/05/2004, 11:26 AM
Also, in case it matters I'm not on the SC committee. I am a member and I think the SC has been by far the most positive thing about the club in the last two seasons.

It has indeed

deise deserter
12/05/2004, 11:43 AM
True Blue:

Obviously you believe you have done great work for Limerick FC.

No-one knows who you are. You are hiding behind the veil of the internet making claims to work done which cannot be substantiated.

Make known to us what you have done instead of making stupid (I'm sorry but there's no other word for it) comments on the net about supporters who have actually done things.

You can let any of us know by either posting here or by PMing or e-mailing us if you want to retain some confidentiality.

Also we are putting together the fanzine for this Saturday's game so I will look forward to the many contributibutions a stalward supporter such as yourself could make. You can contact me with something through my profile page by e-mailing or Pming me through the links provided.

the 12 th man
12/05/2004, 11:57 AM
think jp mc money is more of a gaa fan (when in ireland).never heard of him attending an e/ league match though did see photos of him at gaa matches.

True Blue
13/05/2004, 8:55 PM
The SC have approached JP. The club has approached JP. I don't think this is a forum in which to discuss what has and hasn't been done. And a warning to other posters - we don't know who True Blue is or his agenda so be careful.

Why are you so worried about who I am? Is anonimity no longer acceptable on Limerick forums? Or do all Limerick fans have to meet your approval and agree with your views first? Well 'LFC in exile' I don't have to prove my club loyalty to you or anybody else for that matter! It was the arrival of little arrogant pr*cks to Limerick games in the first place that resulted in the club losing its true fan base which it may never recover from- so keep your mouth shut before dishing out judgements on 'hidden agendas'. Everybody knows ye're hidden agenda 'Landsdowne Road' tickets!!!!

LFC in Exile
14/05/2004, 10:02 AM

Why are you so worried about who I am? Is anonimity no longer acceptable on Limerick forums? Or do all Limerick fans have to meet your approval and agree with your views first? Well 'LFC in exile' I don't have to prove my club loyalty to you or anybody else for that matter! It was the arrival of little arrogant pr*cks to Limerick games in the first place that resulted in the club losing its true fan base which it may never recover from- so keep your mouth shut before dishing out judgements on 'hidden agendas'. Everybody knows ye're hidden agenda 'Landsdowne Road' tickets!!!!

Against my better judgment I suppose I have to reply to this.

First, anonymity IMO is no problem. I don't have a problem with not knowing who you are - I couldn't care less. My warning was to others not to discuss on this forum what the SC may be doing. This is not the forum for that. The SC is a very open organisation with no behind the scenes shennanigans, and from my experience any time i have asked any member of the committee anything I got a straight answer - unlike experiences with the club.

Secondly, you know nothing about me. I didn't ask you to prove your loyalty. Again I couldn't care less. If a lad is coming to support Limerick FC since the start of this season or if he has been at every match since 1937 both are equally important supporters of the club IMO. My post was saying exactly the opposite to what you accuse me of. Getting into a slanging match about who is a bigger supporter than whom is childish nonsense. And in that spirit I won't go down the road of telling you how long I have been attending Limerick matches.

Thirdly, I didn't accuse you of any hidden agenda.

Fourthly, I don't get my Ireland tickets through Limerick FC.

Fifthly, I never get into a battle of wits with a half wit so I'll leave it there.

deise deserter
14/05/2004, 2:04 PM
No one has ever asked you to divuge who you are over the internet. You were simply asked to make yourself involved in the SC. You claim to be doing a lot of work, but it is obvious from the absence of e-mail or PMs that you are talking crap. If at any stage you want to mature a little and contribute instead of acting up, anyone involved will be happy to deal with you.

Can we just leave it at that?

True Blue
15/05/2004, 4:15 PM
True Blue = Attention Seeking Wannabe.

A 'True Blue' who doesn't think that fans should work together as a Supporters Club but feels that instead they should take on the work of the committee???

If he was a regular here I might respond directly to him. As is I couldn't be bothered but rest assured that in future I'll keep a close eye on his posts and unless he backs up such stupid statements I'll 'reluctantly' toss them in the rubbish forum. :)

Toss them in the 'rubbish forum' if you like. And also let it be known that you are one of the few people on this website that really lives up to their name. The saddest part though is that your biggest contributions to the club have been on this website talking sh*te.

Now I know, I may be beginning to sound like a bitter man more and more on this forum, thats not what I intended but I wasn't expecting to be verbally attacked in the way I was by the infamous SC. And if I can't air my opinions and suggestions on this site without personal attacks both here and even coming out of the Waterford game I just won't bother. I thought the SC would want constructive critcism and suggestions every now and again!

sadloserkid
17/05/2004, 11:54 AM
The saddest part though is that your biggest contributions to the club have been on this website talking sh*te.

No the saddest part is that you have no idea what you're talking about. I have written articles for the matchday programme, in fact I was involved in putting together the matchday programme for the League Cup Final against Derry. I established a website for the club when none other were in existence. I attempted to set up a Supporters Club a few years ago that didn't take off and have been involved in this one since its inception also. I was responsible for organising the Player of the Year award won by Stephen O'Flynn two years ago. Now that I've outlined my credentials why don't you do the same.

Now I know, I may be beginning to sound like a bitter man more and more on this forum

Yes you are, you came out of nowhere and accused the supporters club of doing nothing. This is nonsensical. Of course it was going to put peoples backs up. Did you really think people would take that kind of undeserved and unsubstantiated criticism lying down? If you're a Limerick fan and you're not happy with the way the SC is run why didn't you get involved this year? We had plenty of positions just waiting to be filled had you wanted one...

And if I can't air my opinions and suggestions on this site without personal attacks both here and even coming out of the Waterford game I just won't bother. I thought the SC would want constructive critcism and suggestions every now and again!

Firstly, I'm seeing a lot of opinions and not a lot of suggestions True Blue. Secondly I have no idea what you're talking about regarding the Waterford game, would you care to elaborate? Thirdly it's up to you if you bother or not. I don't like the idea of the club losing any fans but hey, if you feel able to walk away then go for it.

And finally, to get to the crux of the whole misunderstanding here. Nobody has a problem with constructive criticism. I personally can't see the constructive part of yours though. Perhaps it's going over my head, I dunno. Seriously, all joking aside, will you explain it to me? I have no wish for this to continue because quite frankly it's a waste of time. I can't understand where your bile is coming from though.

deise deserter
17/05/2004, 1:24 PM
How can anyone on this board hassle you when you haven't told anyone who you are?

Sorry, to drop to this level but, each post is getting more and more moronic.