PDA

View Full Version : Graham Coughlan

finlma
06/05/2004, 11:19 AM
I've just read that Graham Coughlan won the Division 2 Player of the Year award. At 29 he's probably too old to make it internationally but he could be a good back-up considering he will be playing First Division football next season.

Fair play to him anyway.

tetsujin1979
06/05/2004, 12:34 PM
Wouldn't say that - look at Graham Kavanagh

eirebhoy
06/05/2004, 12:41 PM
Wouldn't say that - look at Graham Kavanagh
Does that mean look at Kav coming back for Ireland at 29 or Kav isn't up for it at this level? I'd certainly prefer to see a Keane-Kav combo rather than a Keane-Holland, Kinsella, Healy, McAteer or even Miller. I don't know if you are backnig up or slating Kav but thats my 2c. ;)

tetsujin1979
06/05/2004, 12:53 PM
Sorry, should have made that a bit clearer. I meant that after so long in the 2nd division , Kavanagh was still able to get back into the international team, there's no reason why Coughlan can't follow.

Hell, if Alan Quinn can get in while playing in the lower levels of the 2nd division there's definately no reason why (barring injuries to more established players) Coughlan can't get into the squad

eirebhoy
06/05/2004, 10:41 PM
I was listening to Coughlan on Newstalk and he said he has won 4 league titles in the last 6 years. He was also the top scorer for Plymouth when in the third division and has 8 this season, superb for a centre half.

carnstien
07/05/2004, 7:07 PM
In my opinion it would be a far better idea to give someone in the U-21's a lash than a 29 year old 2nd division player.