PDA

View Full Version : Interesting story

town73
05/05/2004, 1:42 PM
A friend of mine was in a taxi in Dublin the other day and when the taxi driver found out he was from Longford, and that he supported the Town, the driver told him an interesting story.

The driver said that he had two people in the back of his taxi talking on the phone to who he (the taxi driver) believed was Alan Mathews or at least someone from Longford Town. The driver said one of the guys was wearing a Bohemians' tie and was relaying the entire conversation to the other person. They were discussing players and the possibility of buying/acquiring two Longford Town players.

One of the players was Brian McGovern and the other I believe may have been Sean Prunty or Alan Kirby (not sure). The taxi driver said that the two men were told to f**k off and don't dare approach any Longford Town players or face being reported to the FAI.

On a related note (not to the above story), McGovern is apparently attracting interest from one or two First Division clubs across the water.

Maz
05/05/2004, 1:44 PM
oh the gossip!! :D

max power
05/05/2004, 1:53 PM
xlex gossip....shall you do the rant or shall i ?????

Macy
05/05/2004, 2:02 PM
Gossip like that is fine, it's gossip from "club sources" broadcast on the net was the issue... The taxi driver wasn't Tony O'Dowd was it?

town73
05/05/2004, 2:42 PM
No. Taxi driver didn't know too much about the people involved League of Ireland soccer (didn't know their faces). Just recognised that they were from Bohs and remembered McGovern's name.

Xlex
05/05/2004, 2:52 PM
wouldn't think so but some of our names have to be tempted to other clubs. We were a part-time top four club and we're in a position to go a bit further. Our players are targets and that would be a compliment...