PDA

View Full Version : FAI Junior Cup.

handball
05/10/2010, 4:59 PM
oh not again.....................

is the system too complex, not communicated properly or are teams just trying to pull a fast one....

each year it's the same old story, so something has to be sorted out (or are the ldmc/fai happy to make money from objections/appeals??)
why is it always limerick teams that are putting in objections and looking for ways to get back into the competitions when their are beating fairly, and limerick teams should no by now to have their paper work in order with all the ****e that has gone on in the past, so lets just hope notting come out of it and the boro progress and that will be the end of it....

Longshanks
05/10/2010, 5:43 PM
Deja vu

If Boro played an illegal player why should they progress? Ask the Pike lads would they have rather being expelled from the Junior Cup last year after the game when they transgressed the rules or a couple of rounds later when they were only 2 wins from the Holy Grail?? I know which I'd rather!!

I dont want to rehash last years arguements and squabbles, but if you are in doubt over a players elligibilty seek clarification or dont play him.

skyguy19
05/10/2010, 11:27 PM
Deja vu

If Boro played an illegal player why should they progress? Ask the Pike lads would they have rather being expelled from the Junior Cup last year after the game when they transgressed the rules or a couple of rounds later when they were only 2 wins from the Holy Grail?? I know which I'd rather!!

I dont want to rehash last years arguements and squabbles, but if you are in doubt over a players elligibilty seek clarification or dont play him.

isnt it funny that it was a pike person who went out to Regional and told them about the alleged illegal player, is that bitter or what

white line
06/10/2010, 12:18 AM
isnt it funny that it was a pike person who went out to Regional and told them about the alleged illegal player, is that bitter or what

here is a question
why would that pike supporter sick his nose into two teams that has nothing to do with him what so ever i find this really really bad form from this guy who is know for this kind of thing.
running around telling tales :rolleyes:

Goals4fun
06/10/2010, 10:34 AM
here is a question
why would that pike supporter sick his nose into two teams that has nothing to do with him what so ever i find this really really bad form from this guy who is know for this kind of thing.
running around telling tales :rolleyes:

does it matter that somebody tipped them off....

if the player is illegal then boro are out and if not so be it....that is what the focus should be...

people blaming a supporter for tipping off a club seems to be a bigger issue than playing a supposed illegal player.......

Longshanks
06/10/2010, 11:08 AM
Have to agree with Goals4fun, it seems that people have a bigger problem with a 'source' than clubs fielding inelligible players

mulla
06/10/2010, 11:21 AM
don't think that is the case, you really have to question a persons motives for trying to get a local club thrown out of a competition especially when the person has nothing to do with either club involved in the game. In my opinion the guy has too much time on his hands, either that or he has little to worry about.
It also brings more bad publicity to limerick clubs on this forum.And as leather said if they are guilty of wrong doing there out simple as.

mulla
06/10/2010, 11:49 AM
I agree entirely, i'm not saying that if they are in the wrong they should progress, i am merely questioning a guys morals.

Put yourself in the situation, would you take it on yourself to inform another teams management on a players eligibilty if your club was not involved

twohalves
06/10/2010, 12:14 PM
I agree entirely, i'm not saying that if they are in the wrong they should progress, i am merely questioning a guys morals.

Put yourself in the situation, would you take it on yourself to inform another teams management on a players eligibilty if your club was not involved
It's just pure jealousy bourne from a minority within this particular club who are obsessed with winning the FAI.It is not the first time they were involved - Go back to the Carew/Westport saga a few years back.

pearse4t3
06/10/2010, 12:23 PM
Lads in fairness this is nothing to do with Pike Rovers, it's just one idiot who happens to support Pike Rovers, and what he done in fairness is shocking.

Back to the football. I feel sorry for the Janesboro players whos performances over the last 2 weeks have been exceptional, this has been overlooked by many people. Going into these games after loosing 4-0 to Regional, 3-0 to Fairview and 2-0 to Kilmallock confidence was low but there attitude over the last 2 weeks has been brilliant. Fair play to them.

white line
06/10/2010, 12:56 PM
It's just pure jealousy bourne from a minority within this particular club who are obsessed with winning the FAI.It is not the first time they were involved - Go back to the Carew/Westport saga a few years back.

i heard ths morning there are a few very very angry boro lads over this person to say they are fuming would be putting it mildly and rightly so.
the boro are a good club and have improved alot of late IMO they should ban this guy from watching football in pearse stadium also ban him from the clubhouse he drinks down there alot which makes it more unbelieveable in what he has done.

twohalves
06/10/2010, 2:18 PM
i heard ths morning there are a few very very angry boro lads over this person to say they are fuming would be putting it mildly and rightly so.
the boro are a good club and have improved alot of late IMO they should ban this guy from watching football in pearse stadium also ban him from the clubhouse he drinks down there alot which makes it more unbelieveable in what he has done.
Sad sad man!

mulla
06/10/2010, 5:41 PM
well if he's happy the action he has taken is the right one then i guess he is responsible only to himself. anyway hopefully its all much ado about nothing and boro progress

abbeyvale
06/10/2010, 9:03 PM
kevin barry

Hope he knows how to pull a pint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Longshanks
07/10/2010, 11:01 AM
Who are likely to be the Limerick representatives in the open draw?

skyguy19
07/10/2010, 12:15 PM
FYI: Regional have objected to the outcome of last sundays FAI tie between Regional and Janesboro....The fun and games will start now.........

I hope boro win the objection and Holly hangs his head in shame for running to Regional with untrue stories

Leather what date was the player registered

widow
07/10/2010, 4:20 PM
The boro knew he was illegal and still played him. only shame lies with them. Fair play to holly for upholding the honesty and integrity of our beloved game. Its better to stamp these things out early on or we could end up with the pike situation last year.

white line
07/10/2010, 4:52 PM
so regional have another objection in 2yrs in a row :o
i just have to laugh at holly i can just picture him watching the game itiching to run over and tell seamus

Roadend
07/10/2010, 5:05 PM
The boro knew he was illegal and still played him. only shame lies with them. Fair play to holly for upholding the honesty and integrity of our beloved game. Its better to stamp these things out early on or we could end up with the pike situation last year.

Have you considered getting a spot above the Locke of a Thursday night when they hold their comedy shows?

skyguy19
07/10/2010, 5:57 PM

sure time will tell, shame on Holly, he has lost a lot of respect around town

saintsfan
08/10/2010, 10:26 AM
I hope they are on form, apparently the Tipp and Mayo ones are very good too

There's a right taste of bitterness in that last post!! in all fairness, objections are very much part and parcel of the game for the past couple of years, for the wrong reason or the right reason, ask the Leinster league, they have dealt with a few of them. If any Club, be it from Limerick or where ever, don't have their paper work in order, it is their own fault, and no other club or person can be blamed for taking the matter further. change the record, it's done now like 12th man said! this post will be ruined like last year if these comments are going to continue. everybody keeps referring to the Pike situation, that was their own fault, and if you go back a few years before that, Pike kind of started this trend with objecting to Clonmel Town so it's nothing new, whether we like it or not.

faces
08/10/2010, 3:32 PM

lads if a team is ilegal its ilegal no matter who told who.thats what happens when the wind comes and blows the money all over the place.

pearse4t3
08/10/2010, 3:42 PM
what are you on about ..............

faces
08/10/2010, 3:46 PM
lads the council are a pure disgrace once again.our girls are playing in the fai final sunday at 2 o clock and they have two fixtures down for our junior b team at 10.30 which isnt two bad but to put our minors down at 2 o clock is a joke.

faces
08/10/2010, 3:48 PM

use your head man.id say a lot of lads have it worked out already.

kev08
08/10/2010, 5:04 PM

ching ching below in the boro haha

Boroman
08/10/2010, 6:05 PM
use your head man.id say a lot of lads have it worked out already.

What the hell are you on about just because we have changed things around down here and things are starting to look up you try to **** stir with stupid comments..Grow up your just like your mate now childish

faces
08/10/2010, 7:04 PM
What the hell are you on about just because we have changed things around down here and things are starting to look up you try to **** stir with stupid comments..Grow up your just like your mate now childish

very easy to change it with the backing of the boro committee and i know that from talking to a reliable source and dont co..me on here saying anything different because the whole of limerick know it.just ask tommy lynch.now back to fai cup any news on draw.

faces
08/10/2010, 7:05 PM
ching ching below in the boro haha

well copped kev.

kev08
08/10/2010, 9:45 PM
well copped kev.

wasnt hard bud know at least 2lads offered lotto tickets to sign haha

abbeyvale
08/10/2010, 11:01 PM

On that note, Shane Waters...............Star Rvs B to Janesboro................so much for Daithi giving his word to Star that he wouldn't try and sign any Star lads after he left for the Boro, and thats not to mention the other 2 Star players that he attempted to sign, but they stayed loyal (at least until the next transfer window anyway).

faces
09/10/2010, 9:17 AM

daithi and shane ha ha