PDA

View Full Version : City versus Ramblers

SÓC
05/05/2004, 12:15 AM
Remember Ramblers?

Train times for Tuesday are 16:30, 16:59, 17:30 and 18:30 going and coming back they are 22:00 and 23:00 so there should be a decent crowd there for our annual trip. Good place for cheap pints and those lovely steps to work it all off.

Will the City Casuals take the Jungle?

NorthoftheLee
05/05/2004, 8:14 AM
Remember Ramblers?

Train times for Tuesday are 16:30, 16:59, 17:30 and 18:30 going and coming back they are 22:00 and 23:00 so there should be a decent crowd there for our annual trip. Good place for cheap pints and those lovely steps to work it all off.

it'll have to be the 6.30 train for me...get the 11.30 one back home....city casuals?? I ask you Sean :p

paudie
05/05/2004, 12:32 PM
Went to ramblers game v Dundalk a couple of weeks ago and they were very unlucky to lose.

Played good football but missed a load of chances before conceding an injury time winner.

Probably won't be able to make the trip for the City game but it could be a good game.

Colm
05/05/2004, 7:48 PM

I dunno, it wouldn't really be much of a challenge! :D

Storysham
05/05/2004, 7:53 PM
How do ya get form the ferry to st colemans park. anyone give me directions, never down there before.

A face
05/05/2004, 8:54 PM
How do ya get form the ferry to st colemans park. anyone give me directions, never down there before.

Keep going straight up that road till it comes to a V, then go left. Keep going for 1/2 mile, maybe less and you'll have to turn up the hill. Keep going up, not sure of the road here but you'll see the flood lights at this stage.

You might want to double check those directions :) but they are fairly OK i'd say.

ramblers
06/05/2004, 7:27 PM
Directions to Colemans Park.

Off the Ferry take the first Left under the bridge
Take the next Right follow the road you will pass rushbroke links on your right.
When you come to the T junction go left follow the road around and you will see the lights.

Here's looking forward to a good Game.

jofyisgod
06/05/2004, 7:51 PM
Here's looking forward to a good Game.

Agreed. Good to see that not all Ramblers fans are f@ggots. Fair Play ramblers.

liam88
06/05/2004, 8:41 PM
Agreed. Good to see that not all Ramblers fans are f@ggots.
You'll struggle to find many that our.
Great history, great stadium, grat players, great spirit, and great fans :D
Welcome to the Jungle

Éanna
07/05/2004, 11:02 AM
Shouldn't that just have read
You'll struggle to find many

Pablo
07/05/2004, 8:42 PM
I dunno, it wouldn't really be much of a challenge! :D

i feel that it is a challenge that must be taken up :)

NorthoftheLee
10/05/2004, 10:22 AM
are people getting the train down or are they driving???

shedite
10/05/2004, 1:15 PM
So what train are people getting down?

NorthoftheLee
10/05/2004, 1:33 PM
So what train are people getting down?

its looking like i'll be getting the 6.30 down and the 22.23 or 23.23 back..

Colm
10/05/2004, 4:35 PM
are people getting the train down or are they driving???

I'll probably drive down i'd say....

shedite
10/05/2004, 4:47 PM
I've just realised I've training till six in the mardyke so if anyone wants a lift PM me. I'll be leaving the city about 6.30

SÓC
10/05/2004, 4:52 PM
FFS, ye train for that excuse for a sport. Say no to UF

;)
.....Oh yea can I have a lift down so...

NorthoftheLee
11/05/2004, 8:11 AM
nice one Colm...i'll text you later....

mickrev
11/05/2004, 7:47 PM
City goal down at half time apparently.

CorkCityFootie
11/05/2004, 7:56 PM
Match updates will appear here (http://corkcityfootie.com/) throughout the match.

adamcarr
11/05/2004, 8:06 PM
Is it first or second string team. Lineup?

jofyisgod
11/05/2004, 8:36 PM
Final score? Corkcityfootie.com still says 1-0.

adamcarr
11/05/2004, 8:36 PM
If we lose we are more than likely out cause Ramblers will easily beat Kerry DL :eek:

jofyisgod
11/05/2004, 8:38 PM
If we lose we are more than likely out cause Ramblers will easily beat Kerry DL :eek:
That would be embarrassing to say the least. :o
Last-minute reprive?

tiktok
11/05/2004, 8:47 PM
Yes!!! A comeback!!! :D

Reprieve it is:

Ramblers 1-2 CCFC

John O'Flynn back in action and scoring with a peno on 63
the winner from Denis Behan on 68.

Thanks God for that.
Limerick held Waterford 2-2 with two CP goals by the way.

adamcarr
11/05/2004, 9:12 PM
Id say we are favourites to win it now! Great comeback! What was the line up. Did JOF start?

Queenstown Ram
11/05/2004, 9:21 PM
Ya John O'Flynn started and captained the side. Didn't see much of the ball in the first half, scored the peno and went off injured shortly after that. Not too serious hopefully.

pineapple stu
11/05/2004, 9:31 PM
I'd say we are favourites to win it now!

Not getting carried away at all, no? :D

cookie
11/05/2004, 9:34 PM
flynny should take up snooker!! constantly injured!!

GavinZac
11/05/2004, 9:49 PM
Wolfe for them played well. didnt see much of tony tynan. peter cuthbert on goal made some good saves, couldnt be blamed for taking john o'flynn down reallt, i was 4 feet away and it looked like john played for it (not a dive, he got as close to cuppy as possible then knocked it away, so he took him down without the ball).

nice to see a fella from my class playing well even if we gave him stick through the game :)

SSS
11/05/2004, 9:59 PM
Nults
Muck Guths Kev M Byrne
Nolan Sweens Greg Kearney
JoF Behan

Doyle for Jof
CT for Greg
Danny M for Nolan

Again, Liam failed to get even one cross in. Must be a record for a winger.

Counting Crow
11/05/2004, 10:47 PM
Thought Ramblers put it up to City......fairness to them. These games are always tough with no quarters asked.

IMO Murphy played well for them and got a cracker of a goal. Their 'keeper looked good also.

Thought Jamie Nolan had a good second half and once he got going showed some blistering pace - set up Flynny for the penalty well.

Greg was really up for it and played v well.

Doyler also got stuck in when he came on....gem.

Good run out for the fringe players.

Think Ramblers should be higher up the table than they are.

Didn't think Flynny was injuired just taken off to protect him for Friday.....he was getting some hefty challenges.........

........God almighty lads did any of ye go into the jacks next to the hut where the announcer was located. I've seen more hygenic slurry pits than that .......... ( words fail me ). Comment of the night though was when we were lined up having a leak ( no roof BTW ) one of the lads looks up, sees the wall of the "cess pit" ringed with barbed wire and says ....... "that's there to stop people from breaking in you know" :D

Had to be seen ( and smelled ) to be believed.

Troy.McClure
12/05/2004, 10:57 AM
Limerick held Waterford 2-2 with two CP goals by the way.

And Alan Carey scored for Waterford

Gary
12/05/2004, 1:12 PM
Greg was really up for it and played v well.

Are you serious. I thought he was quite poor. Sure he put himself about well, but he certainly didnt play V WELL. On that performance, he, like many others last night, wont see the 1st team anytime soon.

K Murray was ok
Kearney was non existent
Guthrie was better than normal
Behan was bad
Nolan had no luck. Worst ive ever seen him play.
McNulty id turning out to be a very handy keeper.

drinkfeckarse
12/05/2004, 2:15 PM
What was the attendance like?

razor
12/05/2004, 2:29 PM
What was the attendance like?

I'd say there was over 2000 there, keep them in existance for another season, don't mention it lads.

We were poor in the 1st half, certainly had the look of players who never played together before. Kevin Murray did well, didn't like the look of Guthrie at all, very dodgy.
Greg was very good, got stuck in and won a lot of ball, impressed better than Sweeney. The boy Nolan couldn't control a ball to save his life in the 1st half but improved and played quite well in the end. Mulconroy is not a right back and McNulty looked quite shaky in goal.
City played with a lot of confidence once the 1st goal went in and could've won by a few more in the end.
There were at least 3 situations where a city player was denied a goalscoring opportunity by a Cobh player, once by the keeper for the peno and twice by the centre halves.
Of course it was Buttimer, must've forgotten his red card.
Cobh fans made me laugh by saying we only have the likes of such officials on a rare occasion whereas they have them every week.
Citys 2nd goal was a fluke.
Cobh deserved a draw i thought.

SÓC
12/05/2004, 2:35 PM
I'd say there was over 2000 there, keep them in existance for another season
Nah boy, there wasnt half that there.

Greg showed again while he's all sprit he just aint a central midfield general alá the Rat.

Murray did well alright, Gurthrie needs strong coaching.

Cobh keeper was excellent but amazing that he stayed on the park after the peno incident.

Troy.McClure
12/05/2004, 4:23 PM
Murray did well alright

That must be the first time thats been posted here! :eek:

Queenstown Ram
12/05/2004, 6:33 PM
Cobh keeper was excellent but amazing that he stayed on the park after the peno incident.

I think that Buttimer understands the situation at Cobh. At present we only have one 'keeper as Alan O'Shea is out for 6 weeks with a fractured ankle. We would have no 'keeper for Saturdays match in Limerick. Definate peno and fair play to Buttimer. Probably would have been different in a FAI Cup match but I think we definetly deserved a draw. We played Cork off the park in the first half.

What do you boys think of our No3 John Meade. First player to come through the underage section of Ramblers and played very well last night.

Gary
12/05/2004, 6:38 PM
He is a tough little cnut alright. Very handy player. i believe he is only 18 or something??? Between himself, Cummins and Darren Murphy, there is a nice basis of a team for the future there.

cookie
12/05/2004, 7:37 PM
nice basis.... they'll be stolen of us by next season as usual.

loads of cobh faces in the cork side!!

number 27 (i think?) for ye couldn't get his game for cobh wanderers..... he's sh1t!!!

adamcarr
12/05/2004, 7:39 PM
number 27 (i think?) for ye couldn't get his game for cobh wanderers..... he's sh1t!!!
Thats Jamie Nolan. He is a good player but didnt perform last night! :mad:

Éanna
13/05/2004, 2:34 PM
I think that Buttimer understands the situation at Cobh. At present we only have one 'keeper as Alan O'Shea is out for 6 weeks with a fractured ankle. We would have no 'keeper for Saturdays match in Limerick. Definate peno and fair play to Buttimer. Probably would have been different in a FAI Cup match but I think we definetly deserved a draw. We played Cork off the park in the first half.

What do you boys think of our No3 John Meade. First player to come through the underage section of Ramblers and played very well last night.
All well and good, but referees are supposed to implement the rules and he failed to do that. What if he had saved the penalty and Ramblers had won? I have every sympathy, but rules are there to be enforced and the rule on professional fouls is black and white.

Meade is a handy player, seen him 4 or 5 times now and been very impressed.

i thought City did fine considering it was pretty much a reserve side. Nolan had a poor game and being honest I thought greg and mucka should have been switched. Kearney was fairly poor again and flynny didn't look 100%. K Murray played probably his best game that I've seen and was still struggling to be average- what does Dolan see in him? He's lazy, he can't pass and he's second to every ball! :rolleyes:

patsh
13/05/2004, 6:22 PM
Now lay off Buttimer. Fair play to him, he had the balls to stand up and be counted last Friday night. He sent that dirty scumbag cnut Rodgers off.
Just went to the top of my best ref list! ;)

ramblers
13/05/2004, 8:26 PM
If Cuthburt had got sent off as far as I know he would have been banned for the next Cup game not the League. But it is good to see a ref use comon sense it would have ruined the game if Cuthburt got sent off.

And as we are out of the Cup it wouldnt have made any difference .

City were poor but I felt so were Ramblers I think the game we played on Saturday against UCD took a lot out of the lads.

Counting Crow
13/05/2004, 10:20 PM
I think the critisism of Jamie Nolan on this thread is apalling. He is one of our U-21 youngsters who has performed exceptionally well for that grade over the past 2 years and has done well each time he has gotten a run out withthe senior team.

Saw him up at Tolka vs. Shels for the last away game of the season last year and he was very solid and fast. His home debut was equally impressive.

Thought he took awhile to settle in and, sure, didn't have a good first half but for Chri$t sake he got boted every time he got near the ball.

His performance in the second half was much better and his pace was a real problem for Cobh.

Then add in his "slide rule pass" ( as Spillage said - and for once I agree with him ) for Flynny and the spotter and it wasn't a bad return by any shape.

I reckon he's one for the future. See a lot of similarities between him and Flynny.

Colm
13/05/2004, 10:53 PM
I think the critisism of Jamie Nolan on this thread is apalling. He is one of our U-21 youngsters who has performed exceptionally well for that grade over the past 2 years and has done well each time he has gotten a run out withthe senior team.

Saw him up at Tolka vs. Shels for the last away game of the season last year and he was very solid and fast. His home debut was equally impressive.

Thought he took awhile to settle in and, sure, didn't have a good first half but for Chri$t sake he got boted every time he got near the ball.

His performance in the second half was much better and his pace was a real problem for Cobh.

Then add in his "slide rule pass" ( as Spillage said - and for once I agree with him ) for Flynny and the spotter and it wasn't a bad return by any shape.

I reckon he's one for the future. See a lot of similarities between him and Flynny.

I dunno Crow. A lot of players far superior to Jamie Nolan have recieved much worse and less deserved criticism here.
He did well against Kerry, fair enough, but it makes you wonder is that about his level (ditto with Behan) and will he ever be able to produce the goods in the big games? Who knows in the future but at the moment I don't think he's up to it. I know for fact though that Dolan rates him highly though.

Counting Crow
13/05/2004, 11:04 PM
I can understand where you're coming from Colm, but he really, has only had a few outings. It's a bit early t o start slagging him off.

Give him a chance.

Him being a young fellow he probably logs onto foot.ie anyway so .......

........"good on ya Jamie".........

I really do think he has potential. Pace is a real advantage in this league and he has that.
Gets you away from the thugs at Waaaaaterford and $hel$ and lets you play a bit of ball.

IMO the Cobh match was the ideal game to play the second string palyers - fair play to Dolan for giving them a run - it was good for them.

tiktok
14/05/2004, 8:52 AM
wasn't at the Cobh game, but the few times I've seen Nolan so far, I've been very impressed. definitely one of our better prospects to come thorugh.

Colm
14/05/2004, 11:20 AM
Him being a young fellow he probably logs onto foot.ie anyway so .......

I believe he does actually and I'd say he's not the only player. People should probably bear that in mind when they're giving out mad about players i.e. critisise by all means when neccessary but don't get too abusive or personal.