PDA

View Full Version : Irish Mascot Italia 90

Hitman
04/05/2004, 6:26 PM
Can anyone remember if that Opel Wolfhound had a name?

A face
04/05/2004, 7:06 PM

What is the "Opel Wolfhound" by any chance ??

sylvo
04/05/2004, 9:44 PM

Mo-cool, could'nt remember how it was spelt in Irish, sorry :confused:

lopez
05/05/2004, 9:23 AM
Mo-cool, could'nt remember how it was spelt in Irish, sorry :confused:Think it was Macúl. :)

Roo69
05/05/2004, 10:27 AM
Think it was Macúl. :)

yeah think thats it alright ! my mate still has a sticker of him on his jammer ! Quality stuff !

sylvo
05/05/2004, 10:32 PM
That's the correct spelling cheer's, i've still got a euro 88 sticker of him on my ghetto blaster.

Hitman
06/05/2004, 11:03 AM
Thanks a million, I might be able to sleep again now.

lopez
06/05/2004, 4:40 PM
Man Macúl was the mangiest mascot ever.

Though in fairness, the Italia '90 mascot itself was atrocious. A kind of spindly thing with a round head and a raised knee, think it was called 'Ciao' or something...A mate of mine had an Irish wolfhound living with him in a flat in inner city London. It sounded like the most stupidest thing you could get, although having a huge mutt like that in a flat hardly suggests any significant intelligence by the owner. :rolleyes: One day he tied it up to one of those heavy collection boxes for the handicap that used to be outside a lot of newsagents and went off to do a spot of shopping. The dog after giving out dragged the box with him until he found his owner in the supermarket. Think he sold it to a farmer out in Essex in the end.