PDA

View Full Version : The Ice Hockey Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Crosby87
14/11/2014, 11:49 PM
Horny moved off Crosbys line, at least to start Bons. That's big news. Malkin needs a better player. It could be Hornqvist.

BonnieShels
17/11/2014, 4:27 PM
It's me and you tonight Bon Bon. Pitt will be fired up after that debacle vs the Rangers the other night. Watch out! You may not get Fleury. They play NYR again tmrw night. Back up will start one of them.... I was just looking at Toronto's record. they are having a better season than i thought. Who is carrying the load? Kessel?

Mostly Fat Phil. But his line (JVR and Tyler Bozak) was doing some solid damage. In the last few weeks we had a some input from the Phaneuf chancer as well. Kadri had started to look daycent especially now that Winnik is on the ice with him.

For our 3 game winning run before Friday we had some input from Holland and Santo as well. All in all the season hasn't been so bad. But losing that badly to Buffalo is unacceptable. Disaster.

Horny moved off Crosbys line, at least to start Bons. That's big news. Malkin needs a better player. It could be Hornqvist.

Is it Dupuis or Kunitz that's moved up to Sid?

Crosby87
18/11/2014, 10:35 PM
Was Duper but he's got some mysterious illness and isn't with the team today. Kunitz will be on sids other side as long as he is a pen. Something I thought was strange-Pens favored on the betting line tonight...I dont know the exact recent stats but basically they NEVER win in Montreal.

Yeah Toronto are ok. Dysfunctional organization tho. JVRs brother got hurt the other day.

BonnieShels
19/11/2014, 12:01 AM
I think it's just a vase of MTL being due a loss and Pitt playing well. 1-nil Pens as I type.

Serves TVR being a Hawk!

Calling the Leafs dysfunctional is too easy. They're beyond dysfunctional. There's a perverse sense that never winning the Cup is good for MLSE. But to be honest, all their franchises suck. Well the Marlies got to a final last season however, they still lost.

Really looking forward to Thursday night my first team (Leafs) against my second team (Bolts). I have a major man sports horn for Stevie Stamkos. What a player. Plus how could you not like a Stevie Y team.

Leafs will get done.

Also, Preds leading at the ACC as I type.

BonnieShels
19/11/2014, 8:19 AM
Pens 4-0 Habs
Told ya!

Also 9-2... That's just beyond even the comprehension of a Leafs fan!

BonnieShels
22/11/2014, 12:05 AM
Bizarre night altogether. Didn't see 5-2 coming against the Bolts.

Crosby87
22/11/2014, 11:45 PM
Pens always have problems with teams like the Islanders.

BonnieShels
23/11/2014, 11:29 PM
Quality performance last night. It was assured and complete and calm. Completely unlike Toronto.

Crosby87
25/11/2014, 11:43 PM
Your man Pat Quinn died.
Leafs Pens on wed night right?

BonnieShels
26/11/2014, 11:01 AM
Yup. Not last night as I thought ass I waited up to watch.

But yeah a tribute to PQ tonight and a patch on the jersey which looks quite cool.

Crosby87
27/11/2014, 2:55 PM
Leafs did that? I know the canucks did too.

Didnt see any of the pens game, nhl network didnt do their whip around coverage. How do you watch?
Another win to keep up with the isles! Isles are killing it right now. Best start in franchise history including the 4 cup years...but will it last? Leafs should try to make a trade. They need some punch. They should do a blockbuster with the Oilers.

I had Seguin in fantasy last year. Always one year too soon.

Crosby87
29/11/2014, 11:36 PM
Marty Brodeur in a Blues jersey is just not right. Why won't he just retire? As a life long rink rat who grew up in NJ I could tell a few stories about ole Marty. Not the world's best father. Non the less seeing him in another top is silly.

Town Legend
30/11/2014, 12:57 AM
Leafs had a nice tribute tonight for Pat Quinn before their game with the Capitals. 5-1 up after 2.

Crosby87
30/11/2014, 5:21 PM
Bozak has 11 goals. Not bad.

BonnieShels
01/12/2014, 12:40 AM
6-2 in the end. The Caps need a tender quick. Awful game management from Trotz.

I watch all my hockey on wiziwig or on CBC. I use Hola and Unblock-us.com to convince CBC I'm in Canada.

Crosby87
02/12/2014, 10:02 PM
That's clever.
Isles are starting to look for real. Lundqvist is having an off year for the Rags. Wouldn't even sniff the All Star game if team were named right now.
How is Nashville in first place?

BonnieShels
04/12/2014, 2:51 PM
Because they haven't got Trotz in charge anymore?

The east is becoming far more interesting than the west at the moment. I never thought I would say that.

Here's my latest: http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/nhl-brace-yourself-the-winter-classic-is-coming/

Town Legend
04/12/2014, 3:48 PM
Here's my latest: http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/nhl-brace-yourself-the-winter-classic-is-coming/

Is that your writing BonnieShels?

BonnieShels
04/12/2014, 4:50 PM
It sure is. :)

Town Legend
04/12/2014, 7:12 PM
Fair play, it's a great article.

BonnieShels
04/12/2014, 9:23 PM
Fair play, it's a great article.

Why thank you. :)

Glad to see there will be more than me and Crosby in here from time to time so.

Town Legend
04/12/2014, 11:37 PM
You're more than welcome! I've been on foot for a few years now but have only talked football! Just seen this thread on my feed the other night! I'm a big Leafs fan! I was in Canada for 2 years but never got the chance to see a Leafs game. Seen Canucks-Ducks in Vancouver and Flames-Canucks in Calgary. Whenever I can I try to stay up and stream the Leafs games on wiziwig. Love this sport :o

Town Legend
05/12/2014, 12:31 AM
Devils 1-0 up after first period on a PP goal. Leafs not offering too much of a threat going forward yet. Big improvement needed for the last 2 periods.

BonnieShels
05/12/2014, 7:51 AM
You're more than welcome! I've been on foot for a few years now but have only talked football! Just seen this thread on my feed the other night! I'm a big Leafs fan! I was in Canada for 2 years but never got the chance to see a Leafs game. Seen Canucks-Ducks in Vancouver and Flames-Canucks in Calgary. Whenever I can I try to stay up and stream the Leafs games on wiziwig. Love this sport :o

Started to get really into hockey after playing NHL09.
Completely besotted at that stage after I had NASN for an age.

I started following the Flyers as I didn't wanna jump on the Original-Six bandwagon and I wanted a team in a hockey town. I also had no connection to any North American city.

Then I ended up in Toronto and Ottawa for New Years 09/10 and managed to catch a game in the ACC v the Panthers that the Leafs won 2-1. I was a Leaf midway through the 1st period. Just got the virus. And you know it's a virus!
Was sitting with this really cool couple from Sarnia as well so they were talking me through the finer points.

The same night the World Junior Final was on, Canada v US and they showed the last period and SO on the bog screen in the ACC. Class.

The obsession grew and grew and then this year I moved there in March and it was just remarkable how all around hockey is. It really isn't fathomable until you're there.

For that reason alone the 2013/14 season and playoffs will be my most memorable. Even though from when I landed in Canada the Leafs only won 5/19 games that I was there for including that 8-game losing streak (Eugh) and the final 4 losses that really put paid to any Play-Off ambition.

Since then Saturday nights in my house since I came back to Dublin for College has been HNIC night. Even the gf is onboard with that tradition. :)

Devils 1-0 up after first period on a PP goal. Leafs not offering too much of a threat going forward yet. Big improvement needed for the last 2 periods.

5-3 loss. Bah.

To be fair it was coming. We're not really capable of mounting a decent streak at the moment. I think if we keep this 3w-1l ratio we'll make the playoffs.

Tough game tomorrow v Canucks. Here's to them flaking out coming east. I really dislike them.

Spudulika
05/12/2014, 8:35 AM
I lived in Canada, way back when, and got into hockey watching the local Uni team and Major Junior A team. The locals were addicted to it and when I took in a few NHL games (especially in Montreal) I was in pure heaven.

3 weeks back I was in Germany and took in a Cologne Sharks game. The team are pretty poor, the crowd was not 100%, but the presentation and atmosphere was a pleasure.

And now where I live in Russia, I walk 100m to an Ice arena where a VHL team play (Buran). The crowds jam the place, there is damn all interest in it other than hockey, so it's a little purer version of the game with a mix of has beens, never wases, so-so imports and the very odd young talent. It's kind of like Slap Shot but without the fun!

As for NHL, I chose the Ducks as my team after I watched a documentary about how Disney created the movies to support merchandising sales etc. Playing Minnesota tonight so won't catch it.

WexCar
05/12/2014, 1:12 PM
Tough game tomorrow v Canucks. Here's to them flaking out coming east. I really dislike them.

8:2 against the East this season. On this 7 game trip they are 3:1 with 2 shutouts, outscoring 15:8. Saying that obviously playing at the 3 eastern canadian teams is always difficult. I am hoping for 4 points from the next 3 games(3pts is the minimum needed).

Always fun being a fan of the most hated team in the league :pride:
Anything in particular that irks you about 'Nucks?

Real ale Madrid
05/12/2014, 2:04 PM
Briuns fan, hate the Habs - wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian team win the Cup mind you. Still reeling from that game 7 last year. Havn't watched too much Hockey lately since it went to Setanta. Much preferred it on NESN / ESPN - I think HD adds greatly to the enjoyment of the sport on TV.

I think someone said they watch HNIC via Hola on Chromecast - never thought of that must try that this weekend.

Crosby87
06/12/2014, 2:24 PM
Great article Bonnie.

Did you guys notice the fan vote in the east? Check out who is leading, by 100k. Its been sabotaged!

Canucks beat short handed Pens for the first time in years this week. Don Cherry should have a nice suit on for Canucks Leafs tonight.

Brodeur was ok in net for the Blues. Whole thing still doesnt make any sense to me.

Starting to hate the Isles for the first time since they knocked the Pens out of the playoffs years ago.

Rangers talking about finally having their whole team in vs Dets tonight.

What the hell is with the mumps going throught the league? People are so stupid when it comes to vaccinations. How is it possible someone like Ryan Suter can get the mumps, with his 70 million dollar contract but ive been vaccinated? Moronic.

Crosby87
06/12/2014, 10:54 PM
Marty gets #689 in relief backing a come -from -behind Stl win over the Brooklyn Islanders. 11 more and he can retire in peace. Nice win mind you, down 3-0 on the road.

M. Brodeur
Wins: 689
Per Team: NJ Devils 688
St Louis/Ferguson Blues: 1

Real ale Madrid
06/12/2014, 11:48 PM
2 quick goals for the leafs there conincided with a test run for the chromecast - very jumpy for me tho. Back to ACC champ game soon anyway!

Town Legend
07/12/2014, 12:22 AM
Watching it myself on wiziwig. Have a good stream going fingers crossed it'll stay that way. Don Cherry was very colourful tonight! 4-0 now and Miller pulled from the net for the Canucks.

Town Legend
07/12/2014, 2:00 AM
Finished up 5-2 Leafs.

Spudulika
07/12/2014, 5:11 AM
Got in this morning and read our article Bonnie, good stuff. Would not look out of place in Hockey News, sorry I can't say better. Nice writing style!

Crosby87
07/12/2014, 3:34 PM
Nice loss for the rangers last night. Lundy on the bench. WILL have 7 days between starts when he plays pitt. AV trying to send him a message?

BonnieShels
07/12/2014, 6:49 PM
Briuns fan, hate the Habs - wouldn't mind seeing a Canadian team win the Cup mind you. Still reeling from that game 7 last year. Havn't watched too much Hockey lately since it went to Setanta. Much preferred it on NESN / ESPN - I think HD adds greatly to the enjoyment of the sport on TV.

I think someone said they watch HNIC via Hola on Chromecast - never thought of that must try that this weekend.

I watched so much hockey when it was on NASN but never appreciated or undertood as much as I do now.

Any Canadian team except the Habs. Before I was living in Ottawa I was fairly middling on the Habs doing well but their fans, their fans are the worst. Olé olé my hole!

I used to be so ant-Cali and Florida teams but I've become enamoured with TB and SJ and the Kings are growing on me despite all my previous hate.

That was me who watched HNIC with Hola AND Unblock-us. It's a good combo for proxying TV. I connect direct via HDMI to my TV though.

Great article Bonnie.

Did you guys notice the fan vote in the east? Check out who is leading, by 100k. Its been sabotaged!

Canucks beat short handed Pens for the first time in years this week. Don Cherry should have a nice suit on for Canucks Leafs tonight.

Brodeur was ok in net for the Blues. Whole thing still doesnt make any sense to me.

Starting to hate the Isles for the first time since they knocked the Pens out of the playoffs years ago.

Rangers talking about finally having their whole team in vs Dets tonight.

What the hell is with the mumps going throught the league? People are so stupid when it comes to vaccinations. How is it possible someone like Ryan Suter can get the mumps, with his 70 million dollar contract but ive been vaccinated? Moronic.

Thanks dude. Much appreciated. By all means share them about. :)

What are the Isles doing to ya? I said in my first round-up article this season (http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/nhl-201415-story-far/) I thought that they might end up having a good season as it's the last in Nassau.

As regards vaccinations; weird American attitude to them doesn't help I suppose.

2 quick goals for the leafs there conincided with a test run for the chromecast - very jumpy for me tho. Back to ACC champ game soon anyway!

How were you watching?

Watching it myself on wiziwig. Have a good stream going fingers crossed it'll stay that way. Don Cherry was very colourful tonight! 4-0 now and Miller pulled from the net for the Canucks.

Did you try CBC and Hola and Unblock-us.com?

Got in this morning and read our article Bonnie, good stuff. Would not look out of place in Hockey News, sorry I can't say better. Nice writing style!

That's a decent compliment. Thanking you. :)

---

8:2 against the East this season. On this 7 game trip they are 3:1 with 2 shutouts, outscoring 15:8. Saying that obviously playing at the 3 eastern canadian teams is always difficult. I am hoping for 4 points from the next 3 games(3pts is the minimum needed).

Always fun being a fan of the most hated team in the league :pride:
Anything in particular that irks you about 'Nucks?

I ended up missing the game last night due to exhaustion and an early night. I thought the 'Nucks would come up short.

Just really got on my wick in the Finals v Boston. Their general attitude really stunk. Plus I have a huge irrational hatred for Bobby Lu. His move to Miami hasn't altered my feelings for Van.

Real ale Madrid
07/12/2014, 11:39 PM
Bonnie - watched via Hola on the chromecast - found it didn't "cast" to the TV very well but the stream itself was magic - a bit of a find really - almost HD quality. Cheers.

BonnieShels
08/12/2014, 12:06 AM
Bonnie - watched via Hola on the chromecast - found it didn't "cast" to the TV very well but the stream itself was magic - a bit of a find really - almost HD quality. Cheers.

It's mad I never copped on before. I had a real "duh" moment when I was in Ottawa watching the World Cup online with ITV, CBC, RTÉ and BBC and thought why have I never streamed HNIC on a Saturday!

Town Legend
08/12/2014, 5:04 PM
Haven't tried Hola. Tried CBC but for some reason it didn't work. The streams I'm getting at the minute though are pretty good.

BonnieShels
08/12/2014, 8:18 PM
There's a knack to it. I have only managed to get it to work is with Hola and Unblock us working in cahoots and then turning off Hola.

---

MacLean sacked by the Sens today. Absolutely insane decision.

Asst coach Cameron takes over.

Crosby87
09/12/2014, 10:14 PM
He was a dead man walking, had big problems with the front office. Weird to get fired after a come from behind by 3 goals to a good team win though.

So far it doesn't seem like anyone is tanking to try and enter the Connor McDavid draft sweepstakes, per se. Carolina might be on the list though. Didn't even look like they were remotely interested last night as Jagr played his 1,500th game and the Devils get a rare win. I know people like that other kid too but McDavid is going to be a franchise player for many years. Hope he doesn't have to languish in Miami. They are actually playing better though, the panthers. Winnipeg might be a good place for him to end up. Those fans deserve it.

Penguins without Horny, Kunitz, Tanger, Beau Bennett who is ALWAYS hurt and Maata, etc last night. Ill take the point.
Lundy is not the same goalie he has been in recent years. Would have never let up those 2 late goals.

Crosby87
10/12/2014, 1:51 AM
Any Canadiens fans? This is long but good. Jean Beliveau night in Monty.
http://deadspin.com/canadiens-host-poignant-pregame-ceremony-honoring-jean-1669104449

Bonnie there is a thing in the left lower corner about Bernier having never heard of N. Mandela.
Gotta love Deadspin!

Crosby87
13/12/2014, 2:11 PM
I almost hope Sid has the mumps. He has been a zombie lately and if it's his head again I say just retire.

BonnieShels
18/12/2014, 12:13 AM
He has and Fleury is being tested now. It's so bizarre!!!

Also, 6-in-a-row... it's getting scary. Imagine if we had a D that didn't allow so many shots.

Crosby87
20/12/2014, 1:56 PM
Leafs have turned it around.
CBJ too.
Marty gave up six the other night after the Blues gave him a 6-0 lead.....

Crosby87
31/12/2014, 1:58 PM
The future of hockey battles it out this afternoon as Canada takes on the US at world juniors. Connor McDavid vs Jack Eichel. For the true hockey die hard. Boston University in a quick turnaround thanks to Eichel who is starting to challenge for the top pick in next years draft. Could pass Modano as greatest US player ever.
McDavid plying his trade in Eire I believe of the OHL. He got in a fight the other day.

BonnieShels
06/01/2015, 6:04 PM
So Randy finally bit the bullet!

Babcock to come in the summer?

Please not Torts anyway.

Crosby87
06/01/2015, 11:47 PM
Check this out:
http://deadspin.com/phil-kessel-mad-1677852005

BonnieShels
24/01/2015, 5:37 PM
Here's the latest on the season as we head into the All-Star break:

http://www.krank.ie/category/lifestyle/spo/nhl-201415-shedding-leafs/

Crosby87
24/01/2015, 9:13 PM
Nice.
Pens are crashing and burning with injuries. 87 and 71 out for the asg. Tanger got smoked vs Philly....
Rangers have an unbelievable bunch of skaters.

Crosby87
07/02/2015, 10:37 PM
Preds look for real with another home win vs Rangers. Quite the crowd down there. I know Lundy didn't play (been telling everyone how due for injuries the Rangers are for a month now) but Talbot is clearly an above average backup goalie.
Rags called up a 20 year old to back up Talbot BTW. Ugh. Rangers at home vs Stars in less than 24 hours. Things could get interesting. Rangers backup cannot play ever I would imagine.

Watching Toronto vs NjD, who are admittedly better lately, can the Leafs fire everyone? Including Shanny?

Trade deadline...Vermette to NYR makes sense. Devils should sell. Who wants Jagr and Elias? Czech package. Isles starting to come back to Earth.....they need to make a move.

Finally the whole Evander Kane thing is ridiculous. He is a baby. And now the Shoulder surgery. Will never play for Peggy again. Devils? Have to say: im glad it was Byfuglien dealing with him. Last thing I could stomach would be racism. And Dustin eliminates that.

Where are you lads? Lets talk nhl! Its heating up!