PDA

View Full Version : Greg

Colm
04/05/2004, 4:10 PM
Heard from a few people last night that he might not be leaving City afterall.
Also the announcment about his signing has been taken off the offical Rovers site and there's a thread about it on the Ultras board.
Great news if it's true.

SÓC
04/05/2004, 4:15 PM
Also the announcment about his signing has been taken off the offical Rovers site and there's a thread about it on the Ultras board.
Great news if it's true.

He was at the match last night...

NorthoftheLee
04/05/2004, 4:16 PM
Great news if it's true.

it may not mean he's staying...could be heading else where.....whhaaafur prehaps??? ratnolds could have had words with him on friday night..

NorthoftheLee
04/05/2004, 4:17 PM
He was at the match last night...

in city gear or a member of joe public???

tiktok
04/05/2004, 4:19 PM
from www.corkcityfootie.com

04 May 2004 16:27:18
O'Halloran Completes Rovers Move
Shamrock Rovers have completed the signing of Greg O’Halloran from Cork City. O'Halloran has signed a two year deal with the Hoops. O'Halloran's contract expired at the weekend and he immediately signed for Rovers. O’Halloran now will link up with former Cork team-mate, goalkeeper Noel Mooney at the club and he won't have to wait long to face his old team-mates because Rovers visit Turners Cross on May 14th.

SÓC
04/05/2004, 4:24 PM
in city gear or a member of joe public???

Joe public, walking away from the ground at half time.

Also all the players were in the bar after the game, no sign of Greg there.

Peadar
04/05/2004, 4:28 PM
Joe public, walking away from the ground at half time.

With a City gear bag though :D
Best of luck to him whatever happens.

Colm
04/05/2004, 4:32 PM
it may not mean he's staying...could be heading else where.....whhaaafur prehaps??? ratnolds could have had words with him on friday night..

Yeah quite possibly.
Reynolds must have had a reason to be at Fridays game.

pete
04/05/2004, 4:38 PM
With a City gear bag though :D
Best of luck to him whatever happens.

Yeah me saw him with city bag too - couldn't tell if was this seasons of last... Maybe he just brouhgt his boots along in case.... ;)

Be real pity to lose him from squad as definitely 100% city.

Colm
04/05/2004, 6:12 PM
From www.elevenaside.com

Shamrock Rovers have completed the signing of Greg O’Halloran from Cork City with the versatile player moving to the Hoops on a two-year deal.

O’Halloran has been out of favour with City manager Pat Dolan for some time now with the 24-year-old making only three appearances for the club this season.

The 24-year-old was linked with a move to neighbours Waterford United earlier in the season but Rovers manager Liam Buckley admitted he was interested in the versatile player.

The former Cork skipper looked set for a run in the side after first choice right back Neal Horgan broke his leg but Dolan opted for the inexperienced but highly rated Killian Lordan instead.

O’Halloran now will link up with former Cork teammate, goalkeeper Noel Mooney at the club and he is expected to be in the squad for their weekend’s league clash with defending champions Shelbourne at Richmond Park.

Yeah that was on the Rovers offical site aswell but it's mysteriously disappeared now.
Rovers fans seem to reckon that Maguire (srfc chairman) offered him wages that they actually can't afford to pay.

We'll see....

patsh
04/05/2004, 6:47 PM
Saw him at the back of the Donie Ford during the game. he was just taking a call on his mobile, and I wished him good luck if he was leaving. Gave me a shrug of his shoulders and said thanks. I actually got the feeling that maybe things were not certain yet, but then thought it was probably wishful thinking on my part.

Colm
04/05/2004, 10:32 PM
AFAIK Greg will now definately not be joining rovers.

That's correct.

patsh
05/05/2004, 8:10 AM
Whether he ends up leaving or not, it really shows where his heart is, when he still goes along to City games. His contract is up, isn't it?, so no need for him to go near the Cross. I really think he wants to stay more than anything, if Dolan would just treat him fairly.
Cop yourself on Dolan, we need players like Greg, who would die on that pitch for City, and give him a decent offer that he can live with.... :mad:

A face
05/05/2004, 12:18 PM
Dolan today said ""This is a situation between Greg O'Halloran and Shamrock Rovers. Cork City aren't involved".

:confused:

Was it on the Radio or paper .... you know some of them papers can be a bit suspect !! ;)

It is going to turn into a crap situation, i just know it. He should have stayed and made other players fight for a place on the team.

SÓC
05/05/2004, 1:20 PM
Now the question is where is he going to play?

He didnt seem up to it last season in the middle but played very well at right back when he came in. But Dolan can hardly drop Lordan now can he?

tiktok
05/05/2004, 1:40 PM
Greg to be a City player by the end of today.

Great news.

delighted with that

jofyisgod
05/05/2004, 5:16 PM
Great news altogether. Good to see him back, i was worried when he left, as it's a fierce shame to see real City lads leaving.

Welcome Back, Greg

thecorner
06/05/2004, 10:50 AM
just had to log in my holidays when i heard the news.

he should be told to go fcuk himself.

suddenly city are good enough for him again.

Citygirl
06/05/2004, 1:29 PM
just had to log in my holidays when i heard the news.

he should be told to go fcuk himself.

suddenly city are good enough for him again.

would u ever just get a life!greg never wanted to go in the first place.hes always wanted to play for city!

Éanna
06/05/2004, 2:19 PM
Press Statement re Greg O'Halloran - 06.05.04
Having agreed and signed a contract with SRFC, Greg O'Halloran has now requested to remain in Cork. SRFC have reluctantly agreed to cancel Greg's contract and registration form with immediate effect.
Unfortunately, Greg felt a move was not feasible at this time due to family commitments. SRFC wish Greg and his family every success in the future.
T.Maguire, Chairman, SRFC.

Troy.McClure
06/05/2004, 3:48 PM
Jeez, calm it down bi!

Citygirl
06/05/2004, 5:10 PM
Press Statement re Greg O'Halloran - 06.05.04
Having agreed and signed a contract with SRFC, Greg O'Halloran has now requested to remain in Cork. SRFC have reluctantly agreed to cancel Greg's contract and registration form with immediate effect.
Unfortunately, Greg felt a move was not feasible at this time due to family commitments. SRFC wish Greg and his family every success in the future.
T.Maguire, Chairman, SRFC.

afaik greg only signed registration forms and not a contract...that is unless he signed one after friday night..i could be wrong now but i dont think he signed a contract..

Gary
06/05/2004, 5:29 PM
So what now like, are we paying a fee or what?

Éanna
06/05/2004, 6:43 PM
rovers fans are having a great laugh- saying greg is an SRFC legend cos he's got them a weeks wages for the squad from city in exchange for cancelling the registration. doubt thats the case though. AFAIK, the registration is only done when the form is sent in and the situation appears to bge that it was signed, but not sent in.

tiktok
07/05/2004, 5:57 PM
article on it in today's 'The Sun', not writing the whole thing out, but here are some quotes from greg......

"But when I went up to watch them [Rovers] play Dublin City last week I just said to myself 'what am I doing here?'."
"Cork were playing over in Dalymount the same night and I couldn't wait to get across there to watch the end of the game. I was cheering them on like a fan and all the City supporters were chanting my name."
"I just can't wait to get back there [CCFC]. Once I realised how much I wanted to stay at Cork, I just thought that if Rovers hadn't let me go I'd probably have jacked the game in altogether."

A quote from Liam Buckley hints at 'not wanting a player who doesn't want to be there' rather than the reported lack of money for wages.

Welcome Back greg!

Colm
07/05/2004, 7:52 PM
But when I went up to watch them [Rovers] play Dublin City last week I just said to myself 'what am I doing here?'."
"Cork were playing over in Dalymount the same night and I couldn't wait to get across there to watch the end of the game. I was cheering them on like a fan and all the City supporters were chanting my name."
"I just can't wait to get back there [CCFC]. Once I realised how much I wanted to stay at Cork, I just thought that if Rovers hadn't let me go I'd probably have jacked the game in altogether.

That shows just how much he truly loves the club.
I'm delighted he's staying anyway.