PDA

View Full Version : Eamon Zayed In Libya Squad

Dunny
05/10/2010, 3:19 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/4427/

Extratime.ie has exclusively learned that Sporting Fingal striker Eamon Zayed has been called up to the Libya national football side for this weekend's match in the country.

Zayed is currently travelling to Libya and is set to arrive in the country tomorrow. The striker will meet his new teammates at the team hotel and meet the new Libyan national team coach. The striker has been called up as new manager Marcos Paquetá sets about preparing his team for the African Cup of nations and has called up numerous new players in a search for new talent.

Zayed, 27, is half Tunisian but qualifies for Libya through his grandfather who is from Libya. The Libyan FA has been following Zayed for some time and have previously made enquiries about his availability to play for the national side.

Currently in Malta connecting to Libya, Zayed in expected to remain in Libya until early next week. On his return, interest in the striker is expected from Libya football teams who will be watching him play on Sunday against Zambia.

HarpoJoyce
05/10/2010, 3:53 PM
I've always liked him.

redobit
05/10/2010, 3:59 PM
Diving git

peadar1987
05/10/2010, 5:20 PM
Congratulations Éamon! Now everyone badger RTÉ to do a piece on the LOI's latest international!

fionnsci
05/10/2010, 9:39 PM
Every other player in the squad is Libya based so I'd say he'll compare well with them. They're hosting the African Nations cup in 2013 which could be interesting for him if he sticks at it. Best of luck to him.

DeNiro
05/10/2010, 10:02 PM
Bet his next extratime column will be telling us all about the joys of playing for Libya. Wonder what Fingal think of this?

PartySaint
05/10/2010, 11:28 PM
Bet his next extratime column will be telling us all about the joys of playing for Libya. Wonder what Fingal think of this?

Makes no difference he only has 4 games left with them, He wont be at Fingal next season, FACT!!!

The Lep
05/10/2010, 11:36 PM
Even if he was, i doubt anyone at Fingal would stand in his way of getting international caps. Its no diffrence than Boco of Sligo.

Lamper.sffc
06/10/2010, 1:04 AM
Diving git

When. Thats disgracefull. You tell me when he did it and ill let him know how badly you feel.

peadar1987
06/10/2010, 1:05 AM
Makes no difference he only has 4 games left with them, He wont be at Fingal next season, FACT!!!

Has he said he's leaving? News to me

BonnieShels
06/10/2010, 8:16 AM
Probably it's Franchise that are leaving him.

Dodge
06/10/2010, 9:35 AM

Makes a little difference to them as he plays every week and isn't available on Saturday because of this.

Good luck to him though

Lamper.sffc
06/10/2010, 10:47 AM
Makes a little difference to them as he plays every week and isn't available on Saturday because of this.

Good luck to him though

He is generally not first choice. A lot of the time he is in the team when we have an injury. First choice sub though and can come off the bench and score a goal. He wasnt even a starter for a lot of our promotion season either.

I wont be too sorry if he leaves. One of the best finishers in the league but can be very Lazy. That said, the 4-3-3 formation doesnt really suit him.

pateen
06/10/2010, 10:55 AM
Well done Eamon,

Isn't Gadaffi's son a bit of a star over there too. Plays in the greek first division as far as I know

Pauro 76
06/10/2010, 2:02 PM
Well done Eamon,

Isn't Gadaffi's son a bit of a star over there too. Plays in the greek first division as far as I know

Is it the same son that played in Serie A as well?

PartySaint
06/10/2010, 3:04 PM
Has he said he's leaving? News to me

Not publicly;)