PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 2 Drogs 1 - up to third

avvenalaf
03/10/2010, 12:16 AM
Boy, that was hard work. Drogheda 'parked the bus' and we lacked any real imagination until they equalised. Joseph was acting the maggot and indulging himself but once they equalised he started to move forward and played some terrific balls after that. Gary McCabe was unplayable in the second and could have had a hat trick plus John Russell missed a real good chance so it would have been a travesty if we left two points behind us.
We can expect more of the same on Tuesday night when Bray come to town and Cookie, we have one fit goalkeeper at the club and it's not the guy you played tonight.

Bigone57
03/10/2010, 12:58 AM
:eek: Not so good lads against bottom of the table at home I know a wins a wins but theirs only a goal or 2 in it to stay in 3erd plaice come on lads get the lead out need more goals against Bray get in there.:pray:

avvenalaf
03/10/2010, 12:11 PM
You have to understand how difficult it is for a football team to play against the likes of Drogheda. We ended up getting dragged down to their level and a bagful of goals against Bray just isn't on. Anyway, since Amond left, we have no one to score a bagful of goals and i don't think we'll be able to score enough to win the cup. One nil on Tuesday night will do grand for me.

red bellied
03/10/2010, 12:56 PM
Time to bring in Doyle up front instead of Blinkhorn and maybe we will get a result against Bohs in the semi. Saying that one of the keepers is bound to make a clanger.

shellyriver
03/10/2010, 7:30 PM
Regarding paucity of goals of late -- should Cook-ie start giving young McGoldrick the starting/final 20 minutes from here on in? Showed nice awareness against Monaghan despite coming on so late...

Once Amond was gone it was obvious that Russell and McCabe should be utilised to full effect to get the much needed goals...Let's hope Peersie gets up field for a few more headed home beauties...