PDA

View Full Version : licencing for next season

Guitd
30/09/2010, 10:41 PM
heard through the grapevine that 9 out of the 22 clubs will struggle to get a licence for next season mainly due to large debts,what clubs defo bohs drogheda galway prob dundalk athlone and harps but who else?

Sam_Heggy
30/09/2010, 10:45 PM
Why did you name Harps and Athlone?

Both clubs have been making strides in paying off their debts as far as I know.

sheao
30/09/2010, 10:52 PM
City from what I've been told are considering preparing an application for a premier division licence.

Longfordian
30/09/2010, 10:53 PM
It's understandable but completely pointless to be speculating on who will or won't be struggling come January. Most clubs will have some hoops to jump through I'm sure.

bullit
01/10/2010, 12:29 AM
Seanie Conor on tour must have had a date tonight ;-)

marinobohs
01/10/2010, 2:11 PM
heard through the grapevine that 9 out of the 22 clubs will struggle to get a licence for next season mainly due to large debts,what clubs defo bohs drogheda galway prob dundalk athlone and harps but who else?

We have heard this or similar every year and yet all that happens is the goalposts get moved (perhaps those ones on wheels) and we end up with one for everyone in the audience ;)

Would not hold my breath that large slabs of fudge are not being dispatched to Abbotstown already.

Lim till i die
01/10/2010, 2:18 PM
Limerick will struggle big time due to being in serious breach of paragraph 6.3.4 which clearly states:

Thou shalt not disagree with thy Delaney, nor call into question the judgement of his almighty Gavin

frenchman
03/10/2010, 7:45 AM
what would happen if they couldn't find enough teams for the premier division? do they promote 1st division teams who are in good condition? financial

oriel
03/10/2010, 4:15 PM
Why do you also mention us without any back up ? I`d say we might even make a small operating profit/or break even when the euro money comes in, the 'large debt' was just over 200k last year, 100k of which was paid, the balance with a loan secured. Budget wise things are very tight, and probably will be for next season, almost all of our players were on much reduced terms for this season. The main thing to worry about for this season was how we fared sponsorship wise, game per game, I think most were sponsored, but no idea on amts. Plus we had a proper main sponsor this year compared to a co-op style in 2009. Crowds are down a little this year, so we`ll see how all of this effects us when the figures comes in.

PS Frenchy - in repy to your question, I think a 16 team Premier is the way forward, h+a twice, like most other leagues in europe. This has been discussed many times previously. For one thing it will take away the cosy little travels arrangements for the Dublin clubs.

sean r
03/10/2010, 5:31 PM
did any team make a profit this year?