PDA

View Full Version : Job announcement yesterday

Angus
29/09/2010, 9:39 PM
Have struggled to figure this out by reading through the document but does anybody know if the 300,000 jobs yesterday are the same jobs we will get if we vote yes to Lisbon ?

Or are they in addition to the jobs we will get if we vote yes to Lisbon ?

If the former, why are we announcing it again ? If the latter, by my calculation that gives us 125% employment, so anybody planning to leave should actually stay to fill the jobs

Dodge
29/09/2010, 9:40 PM
Wasn't the 300,000 just the jobs the no campaign said would go if we voted yes.

So they've them. ;)

Any other post Lisbon hangovers you need clearing up?

Mr A
29/09/2010, 9:45 PM
Sure we'll all be conscripted into the Euro army any day now and we'll be only wishing we were unemployed.

dahamsta
29/09/2010, 10:16 PM
Haven't looked at it meself but I've seen several headlines today saying it's a reannouncement, or a Mary Harney Special, as it's known.

mypost
29/09/2010, 11:53 PM
Have struggled to figure this out by reading through the document but does anybody know if the 300,000 jobs yesterday are the same jobs we will get if we vote yes to Lisbon ?

Or are they in addition to the jobs we will get if we vote yes to Lisbon ?

It's both.

OneRedArmy
30/09/2010, 8:38 AM
Sure we'll all be conscripted into the Euro army any day now and we'll be only wishing we were unemployed......and if our womenfolk think they have it bad, wait until the forced abortions come into effect.

Dodge
30/09/2010, 9:16 AM
No need. Sure no one can afford sex anymore...

Bleeding recession

John83
30/09/2010, 2:03 PM
A year ago, the government announced that an Irish technology company in my field would be creating 120 jobs. I've kept loose tabs on them since, and reckon I've seen three advertised. Anyone who believes the numbers in a government job creation announcement is fooling himself.

pineapple stu
30/09/2010, 2:12 PM
There's a website somewhere (I think I saw it linked from here) where they keep track of everything the Daily Mail says will give you/cure your cancer, even when they flatly contradict themselves. It'd be interesting to do that with Government promises and predictions. Monumental undertaking which would be beyond any one person I'd say, but would be very revealing.

SkStu
30/09/2010, 7:54 PM
No need. Sure no one can afford sex anymore...

Bleeding recession

crude. ;)