PDA

View Full Version : funny how everyone suddenly dissapeared !

James
31/10/2001, 8:05 PM
happened about 20 mins ago, evreyone gone from here

is there an Ireland match on or what?
as i'm not aware of any eircom league matches on tonight
:p

dahamsta
31/10/2001, 9:05 PM
It's Halloween, anyone with any sense is out drinking. Hence by presence. Upgrading vBulletin tonight...

adam

James
31/10/2001, 9:06 PM
what time u upgrading Adam ?

dahamsta
31/10/2001, 9:12 PM
Of course, that should have read "my presence". Bebbe I hab a code.

I dunno yet James, it's not being released until 10 tonight. It probably won't seem much different anyway.

adam

James
31/10/2001, 9:14 PM
was meant as a cheap $eltic oirish jibe but how and ever :confused:

what diffs are you making anyway?

dahamsta
01/11/2001, 12:07 AM
Changelog

Bug Fixes

online.php - Added instances. Fixed issue with users with canviewothers set to false being able to see thread titles.
admin/user.php - Fixed bug with [edit user] link on PM Stats in admin control panel
fixed bug when admin clicks 'user options' on the user profile page to view a user's details
can't add your self to the ignore/buddy list, can't add an admin/mod to ignore via their profile link
can't move a thread to it's current forum
various security issues
fixed problem with 'require unique email' giving errors at the wrong time
fixed problem with attachments being deleted when a cloned thread is deleted
fixed bug with .info email addresses not being auto-parsed
fixed bug with updating last post time for a forum
fixed bug where signatures and avatars were displayed in private messages regardless of user preference
numerous template typos etc fixed

Enhancements

encrypts passwords in database
new more secure method for lost password routines
more secure routine for verifying email address
usercp and search results now show the forumjump menu
ability to sort users by email address in control panel
userid displayed in admin cp -> edit user
ability to click on a letter in the member list
'search' link not displayed in memberlist if user has no posts
server load and number of online users appear in the admin CP
if only one user is found in admin cp search, then show the edit page for that user straight away
Ability to enable highlighting of Admin/Moderator names on the Logged in Users and Who's Online.
Multiple Choice Polls (thanks to Firefly)
Option to update all user's posts counts to the correct total via the CP counters. Does not count forums which are set to not count posts.
Showgroups Page, groups can be configured to appear per usergroup [ showgroups.php ]
SQL Optimization on showthread, the option to disable/enable displaying the user's online status is no longer needed as there is no penalty for doing so
See who is browsing specific forums with you! Can be disabled in the CP. Only adds 1 query to forumdisplay.php
Javascript for find, preview, copy in template editing
new usergroup permission: can download attachment
mark read per forum
getnew/getdaily per forum
In-reply rating
Who voted
Highlighting / formatting of admin/mod/super names on Who's Online ($loggedinusers and separate page)
Added Who's Online to forumjump
Optimized the mass move/mass prune threads Admin functions
new gobutton template for easy global customization of [Go] buttons on popup menus
home page of moderator control panel now has similar layout and features to admin panel
Thread rating now displayed on the showthread page as well as forumdisplay.
Forum-search on forumdisplay

Most of which probably means very little to you. In actual fact, the changes are minor. The real advantage is that they actually released it, because I didn't want to install any hacks until they did. I'll start adding them RSN.

adam

Neil
01/11/2001, 10:55 AM
$eltic barely beat the Juventus reserve team last night! And still go out! Dunno who the Oirish public are gonna "support" now?

pete
01/11/2001, 11:09 AM
$eltic barely beat the Juventus reserve team last night! And still go out!

What odds $eltic be appearing on an RTE station very soon in the guise of the UEFA cup?